It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has AP gone too far? Shocking picture of mortally wounded Marine Joshua Bernard

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I feel bad for that individual's family. The media the released the pictures should have taken the request into consideration. Seriously they should have at least censored out the face and not put names if they were going to use the picture. I'm all for freedom of the press but I like the wiccan rule "Do what ye will as long as ye harm non." Well it harmed the family by spitting on their wishes. The article itself does not say bad on the marine but seriously, have respect for the dead and their families wishes.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by furzball
I feel bad for that individual's family. The media the released the pictures should have taken the request into consideration. Seriously they should have at least censored out the face and not put names if they were going to use the picture. I'm all for freedom of the press but I like the wiccan rule "Do what ye will as long as ye harm non." Well it harmed the family by spitting on their wishes. The article itself does not say bad on the marine but seriously, have respect for the dead and their families wishes.

...covering up the truth is harmful... how the family of that dead marine choose to cope with his death is their biz but his death is every american's biz...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
War is needless death while the jackasses that get us into them and their families are safe and sound and far from the dirty job that they put our children into.

I used to be more of a hawk, but not anymore. One day decent, good people will overpower the sub-human 'elite' that hold sway over most of us. No fear means no war and we'll finally mature into the beings we were meant to be.

I'm uneasy about the parents wishes, but I hope they come to realize that this picture of their precious, brave son got many more to realize the wretchedness of it all and peace is a little sooner for it.

My prayers go out to them.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

If more of these shocking images came out the war would quickly be over. Honestly the hardest part about a war is the selling of it to the American people. TPTB, the old diseases maniacs who plot these horrific wars, need a way to brainwash the American people into supporting the war and sending their children to die and kill others. So what do they do, they attach it 911 and censor as many photos as they can which show the true horrific nature of war. If people saw these sorts of things in the media on a regular basis we would have no war.

This poor man gave his life, one of many Americans to sacrifice for the fraudulent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, let's bring our brothers sisters sons and daughters home from that hellhole ASAP.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

It is not covering up the truth nor is it any of your business. Lets go ahead and show a picture of you sitting on the toilet in rigor mortis after a heart attack. Oh wait, that would be disrespectful and you wouldn't want yourself or any of your family shown off in the media in that fashion. Why should it be any different for anyone else.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by furzball

...cleaning out your mailbox?...
...this thread is over a year old...
...my stance has not changed...
...no point in beating a dead horse...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Actually, yes, cleaning out the mailbox and settling down at home because I was doing boot camp, school, and working this past year. So I figured I might as well answer stuff I haven't. Besides, at least I stated a counter argument. All you stated is that you're a mule.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I don't think the Media has gone far enough. Imagine for a moment, if you (the public) had seen the photo/video of the deaths of each of these individuals in the MSM, do you think we'd still be over there?

US Casualties

Coalition Forces Casualties by Country

I say show everyone of them on the News, morning, noon, and night!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Maybe if more photo's like this surfaced more people would realize how horrible war is and maybe we would have more peace.
edit on 21-1-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
yes we do soon for get i remember the Vietnam war 3 times a night they would show the true war not what you don't see today. i think we need to show what war is like, missing parts blood and G's then we might say enough, then again... more, more!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

then we might say enough, then again... more, more!

You make a very valid point... reminiscent of the Romans..

The Romans were obsessed with blood and gore. They enjoyed watching one man kill another man, or watching one man kill many innocent animals. What the Romans called entertainment back then is what we call murder today.
Source

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by furzball

All you stated is that you're a mule.

...bait recognized and refused...
...there are other responders...
...obsess on someone else...
...thx for your cooperation...

top topics

<< 1   >>