It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

warn?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
please delete this if I've missed it elsewhere on the board, but whats the warn in someones mini profile about?
Is it for the mods benefit so that multiple warnings aren't given for the same thing, or is it a three strikes and your out sort of thing?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Bit of both I think.

The warn icon links to the post that has been warned.I think it's five similtaneous warns(they have a shelf life) and your account is suspended.I think.It rarely gets to that.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Are we talking about these warnings:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
yes that's what I was refering to. I've never seen it before, must be a new addition. Name and shame sort of thing?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think someone needs to fix the glitch, because clicking on the warn brings you to an error page.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Only when staff click on it it goes to the page fo0r us to see what the warn was actually for.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Sorry you are right i just click i got error as well.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
if you hover your mouse over each "warn" sign you see a different thread number or post number...probably for which the person got the warning for??

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Warns used to be visible for all to see, then they became invisible for normal users and could be seen only by the staff, and then it's back again? What's up with that? Edit: Ok, apparently there's been discussion about that, so sorry I'm just late again...

If I remember, they made them invisible because dorks were having fun "collecting" them lol...

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Wasn't there some reent discussion about making them visible again???
Pantha, thanks for bringing that up, I though the member intentionally had 'em there LOL
And mods, I think it would be a welcome addition to have them visible.
(although I can see some collecting them like badges of honor
)

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i must be inept or something... i don't see these warning things anywhere! so what is everyone talking about...?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
cmdr: click on the link on my post ^^^^^ up there. it's the 3rd under john bull's.
Look at the first post, right above mood.

See it??

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
[Edited on 14-5-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
i got it. thanks! when i went to your link DTOM it took me to a post by tesla, so i was looking there for it. i didn't even think to scroll up or down to see the others.

so when did this start up?

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
On the warnings, I believe it is only supermod and above that can go back into the warns by clicking on them. Only mods and above can warn someone.

regs out...

top topics

join