It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicholas Berg Timeline and Video analysis

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ummm...the terrorist didn't chopped off his head on the 11th of May. The video was released on the 11th.

For some strange reason, I have the date of 4/20 in my mind as the date of the execution. Did I get that from the video? or somewhere else? I don't know. But Nick was clearly beheaded before the 8th of May when his body was found. His body also showed signs of other trauma.

I believe the time line could be that he was kidnapped on April 9th, contacts were attempted to negotiate for his exchange with prisoners in Abu Ghraib and denied, On April 20th or somewhere after April 9th and May 7th he was beheaded, then left to be found on May 8th. Plus we aren't really sure as to how long his body was lying there waiting to be found.

[Edited on 5-14-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yes, I have seen the "whole" video and I was immediately surprised by the amount of page flipping the "reader" does throughout the speach. I noticed about 6 complete page reversals. (which is very odd). I agree that the voice MUST be from a reader standing either next to one of the camera's or was dubbed over the video portion at a (later time ?). The movements of the "terrorist" on the far right seem odd, he appears to be holding a serperate conversation with the "terrorist" next to him. Nick seems to not move very much as they are cutting through his neck. I would think someone taking a knife to your neck would prompt you to squirm about as much as possible in an attempt to get the blade out of the way, even the nervous system reaction as the spinal column is cut does not appear on the video, leading to the speculation that he was either drugged or was already dead by some other means prior to the beheading. There is no gargle sound as his throat is cut, assuming he was screaming as they were cutting through his neck. I have seen video of a Russian soldier cutting a Chechneyan's throat and you can clearly hear the tone change was the fluids enter the windpipe. This sound seems to be missing in the Neck Berg video.

Something is absolutely "fishy" about this video. It however does not change the outcome for Mr. Berg.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think prankmonkey is on the right track with the delayed screaming (haven't watched it myself, for personal reasons.)

Someone speculated that Berg was already dead? That's the idea that fascinates me. If you are free to view the footage, please tell us your view of it.

What was Berg's motivation here? A Jewish guy working alone in a multi-polar conflict, where everyone but the U.S. is Arab. Now that's Cajones.

How was Berg's Arabic?

The whole thing reminds me of the 80's espionage case, was it Pollard? A young navy officer of Jewish ancestry trying to sell secrets to anybody who wanted them. Israel bought them and jeopardized their relationship with the U.S. . . Pollard seemed like a freewheel a la "The falcon and the snowman.

Was Berg the snowman?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
It looks like they use both one piece and two piece:
www.republique.ch...

Thats all well and great AceOfBase, in regards to the use of two-piece and one-piece, but it fails to address the material characteristics of the type that Berg was wearing. The material is reflecting light and is seemingly light-weight and very much has the characteristics of silk or a silk type material. Does the US/Coalition/Gitmo/Iraqi police issues such type prison "jumpsuits"?

seekerof

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Just a general question, but has anyone done a comparison of video quality and taking of this video in contrast with that of the Daniel Pearl video?
Wasn't the quality and taking of the Daniel Pearl video just as messed up as the qaulity and taking of the Berg video?

Just wondering.

seekerof

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

as quoted by AceOfBase
Men are not permitted to wear gold according to Islamic Law.
Islam clothing

Having just read a post stating similiar by BoutTime, it may be of interest to read a possible clarification of this that may prove contrary to what you, he, and others may state on this? Within this thread--Post Number: 529710 (post id: 550404)....:
Nick Berg and Zacarias Moussaoui Linked

I would be interested in a clarification being the link provided within the above thread is a quote from the Qu'ran/Quran stating to the contrary. Thank you.

seekerof

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
islamic jewelry
www.islamicjewellery.co.uk...

this is the kind of stuff I was talking about in the other thread, almost every muslim I know has pieces similar to the ones shown.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have even read material stating that Islamic practicing men could wear gold rings, etc., but that it had to be 22K or better.

Interesting, nonetheless.

seekerof

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I have even read material stating that Islamic practicing men could wear gold rings, etc., but that it had to be 22K or better.

Interesting, nonetheless.

seekerof

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by Seekerof]

oh so they have to have the high quality bling bling...

even muslims are "ballers"....lol sorry just trying to add a little humor to this serious situation...

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
"Why would the US military arrest this man if he is a government approved subcontractor. I don't believe they would. It would have to be the Iraqi police."

Here's the thing. Who is in charge of the Iraqi Police Force? The CPA.

WHAT would happen if the Iraqi police captured an American contractor and imprisoned him without telling the CPA? Heads would roll. Heads in turbans.

That the US would lie about the fact that they had him in custody throws the entire thing up in the air. At the very least they would be totally aware that he was being held by Iraqi police and they would go get him and take care of him themselves (as a suspected terrorist, obviously).

Why are they all so covered up? What's the temp in Iraq these days? Why the bulletproof vests? The white running shoes? Why do these guys look white? Why is the voice obviously overdubbed? He flips through multiple sheets of paper but it's clear that the speech is much shorter than that.

IF they wanted to overdub the execution, the best and easiest way is to make sure you can't see anyone's lips move. And make sure that the timing is off so you don't have to synchronize the expressions and natural speaking mannerisms (gestures, body language, etc).

Too many questions. Far too many.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I ask again, that while everyone is carefully analyzing the video, please look for the prostetic leg of Al-Zarqawi. If we can prove which guy if any has a prostetic leg then we can know if Al-Zarqawi is alive or if the event is staged. I tried to look for it and speculated the first guy from the left had a stiff looking left leg and possibly skinnier left ankle that might have been a prostetic.

also we should look to see if any of the men has one half of his body slightly lower than the other, it could be considered as proof of a prostetic.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
worldwatcher i looked and i couldnt tell...so my guess is none of them did.

they were fully clothed and it isnt easy to tell with the grainy footage...

but i'm gonna say no, none of them INDICATED that they had a prosthetic leg.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Its more likely that the inconsistances are incorrect.
Maybe all this terrorist crap is a smoke screen.
One thing i do know that the agencies involved are alot more intelligent than this website gives them credit for.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by weirdo]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
...a bit strange here.

Will we ever know the real truth? Hmmm......

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

"Why would the US military arrest this man if he is a government approved subcontractor. I don't believe they would. It would have to be the Iraqi police."

Here's the thing. Who is in charge of the Iraqi Police Force? The CPA.

WHAT would happen if the Iraqi police captured an American contractor and imprisoned him without telling the CPA? Heads would roll. Heads in turbans.

That was my quote that you used. Thank you, because you said something that I was not comfortable with claiming/wondering.

Did they arrest him simply because he had just been to Israel and was a Jew? Do you think that the Iraqi police turned him over to Al-Queda?

Here's a different twist. He has been questioned before about Moussoui. He has a very bad explanation (he gave out his e-mail/password to a stranger!) The government approves him as a subcontractor. The government denies they even had him in custody. BUT the government offers to fly him out of there. Seems to me the government at this point would be watching him VERY closely and would force him to take them up on their offer.

Something is very fishy and nothing adds up!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Something is very fishy and nothing adds up.

All that really matters is America scoreing political points against AL Queda.Its pay back time and if that means killing somebody of not the best patriotic backround thats what may happen.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by weirdo]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo

Something is very fishy and nothing adds up.

All that really matters is America scoreing political points against AL Quieda.Its pay back time and if that means killing somebody of not the best patriotic backround thats what may happen.

Its sick freaks like you that belong in prison.
Killing is NEVER an option except in defense.
I pray that you dont call yourself an American, because you think ljust like a nazi.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I am not American just somebody who realises that goverments will stop at nothing to further there cause that is why I am on this site.
I don`t believe they are always correct,
believe me this is not stoppable.It has gone on for decades it`s called POWER they have you don`t ,it `s not nice but there `s no point questioning it or trying to stop it.
It`s what allows you to wake up everyday with money in your pocket and all of the niece things that you have.The alternatives are far more unpleasant

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I just read an article saying that his phone had been used on April 19. I don't know if was him who used it.
USA Today

The morning he disappeared, Berg "surprised me by calling me at 9 or 10, to say that he found some friend to travel with to Jordan," he says.

Berg said he was en route; Aziz doesn't know who he was with or what kind of vehicle they were driving. "He said they were nice people. I told him to have a nice trip."

Aziz says he understands Berg's phone was used as recently as April 19, and that three calls were made that day � to Jordan, to the United Arab Emirates and to a local number. "He could still have been alive."

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm confused here AceOfBase, him (Mr. Berg) possibly making a call on April 19th fits into the grand scheme of things how? Is this USA article indicating that Mr. Berg may still be alive?

seekerof

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join