It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two irrelevant dreams (need explanation)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
As I said, they were irrelevant (as far as I could see, anyway), but it's precisely that what makes them all the more interesting to me. And I would appreciate anyone's and everyone's opinion on how such dreams – one of them actually seemed precognitive – come to be and what they mean (if anything at all).

1.) The first one happened when I was around fourteen.
I dreamt I had entered the kitchen of an ex-school mate of mine (in a different country at the time). She wasn't my best friend or even a friend properly; she was just one of the girls I often talked with at school; and I had been to her home, including the kitchen, but only on one, maybe two occasions. (These visits took place at least two, maybe three years prior to my dream.)

So, in my dream I entered her kitchen, and there was a blond boy – I think he was slightly older older than she and I (I think he would have been around sixteen, maybe fifteen). He was sitting at the kitchen table, facing the door, and as I walked in, he lifted his eyes and looked directly at me, intently, with this very friendly, cordial, innocent, warm smile, as if he were very pleased to see me. I remember he was wearing a bright azure blue polo (which looked cheap – I remember having the impression, based on his clothes, that he was from a working class family); and I remember his features. He was nice looking, but totally unknown to me. He never said anything, and my dream ended right there.

When I woke up I was puzzled because the feeling I had was that this was somehow »real«; and it felt somehow »meaningful«. (Which is why I remembered it, I suppose.) But the thing is, I had never seen that face before - or since. I have no idea »who« that was – so how come I dreamt about him? I can still remember his features; he wasn't some sort of »composite« or »morphed« image of other people, as often happens. He had an individual face; and he seemed very happy to see me. And as much as I picked my brain, I could not recall ever seeing him (I have a very good memory, BTW). And he doesn't seem to have been a "catalyst" dream figure, because I don't remember any other feelings except those - pleasant, but rather vague, with an element of surprise - already described.

So... what WAS that?

2.) The second dream happened in the 1990s. It was a very simple but vivid dream: I was in the company of Michael Caine, the actor (whom I do not know personally). I don't remember whether he was saying anything, I do remember him smiling a lot.

Now, I admire Michael Caine very much, but the truth is I hadn't thought of him in YEARS (if ever – I mean, occasionally seeing someone in a film doesn't equal »thinking« of them, does it?). It was funny because it was so vivid and so random at the same time, so I was pleasantly bemused. Furthermore, even as I was dreaming I remember being very surprised by his appearance.

First thing next morning I went to a meeting at a publishing house. I had been to their premises once or twice before, but it was a huge old building, and I had only been to one or two of their offices. (This is relevant insofar I had never seen the space that I am about to describe.)
As it happened, there was some urgent, unforeseen repair work going on in some of the main offices, so the editor, very apologetically, led me and another person who was present to a quaint little space that wasn't even an office, it was more of an »antichamber«, with a settee and a coffee table. It had a very high ceiling, but the walls were completely bare – except for a single photo of Michael Caine pinned some three metres (!) high on the wall.
I couldn't believe my eyes. »What... what is that doing there?« I simply had to ask. »Oh, that... I have no idea,« said the editor, smiling. »I don't even know how they got it up there. It's an actor, right?«

Now, I have to say this cannot be explained away by speculating about my being more »aware« of Caine because of my dream (and anyway that wouldn't explain why he did appear in my dream, in the first place, but that's a different story).
I am one of those people who are at all times (painfully so) very aware of their own awareness, in a never-ending vicious circle. I am sure I would have noticed the photo or name of Michael Caine on my way to the publishing house, if there were any such photos or mentions of his name around.

Besides... what are the odds of his photo – his, of all people, and nobody else's - hanging in a space that had nothing to do with show business? He is not even a »star«, in the notorious and obnoxious sense of the word. There are literally hundreds of actors and actresses whose photo could have been chosen to adorn (sort of) those walls.

Ah... I just LOVE my life.

And so, my friends, again I just have to ask... what WAS that?!

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't interpret dreams, but I am interested in the themes of people's dreams. I wonder if you would answer a few questions about your first dream, and about you.

You're are a woman? You dreamt this when you were 14. What's your age now, to the decade: teens, twenties, thirties, ...?

You said the young man looked at you "as [you] walked in" to the kitchen. Did your dream begin with you already in the kitchen? Or, did it begin with you somewhere else in the house, and you walked to the kitchen? Or somewhere outside the house, or ...?

Were you and the young man the only people in the kitchen?

You say that the young man was seated at the kitchen table and "he lifted his eyes" to look at you. What was he looking at, or doing at the kitchen table, before he looked up at you?

And finally, he never said anything. Did he try to say something? Did he make any gesture instead of speaking (point to an empty chair at the table, for instance, or rise out of his chair in greeting, ...)?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

Hello, Eight bits - thanks for replying!

Yes, I am a female, and I am well in my thirties.
I remember that part of the dream - it seemed it was a fragment, dissociated from any other dreams I might have had that night (that often happens in my dreams: dreaming discrete fragments, I mean) - actually started with my entering through the kitchen door. I remember standing practically on the threshold of the kitchen, and he was sitting at the table just opposite the door. (One more thing: I don't remember the layout of that kitchen - in real life - being like I dreamed it, except for the position of the door/threshold. I just KNEW it was my school mate's kitchen.)

I don't remember him doing anything before he looked at me; the way I remember it, I entered the kitchen and at the same moment he was already looking at me.

I don't remember SEEING anyone else, but my FEELING was that the school mate whose home it was was around, too.

And no, I don't remember him saying anything. His expression seemed "eloquent", but not in the sense where he would be trying to convey anything in particular (just great friendliness and pleasure to see me). It was the kind of expression that people - friendly people - have when they are visiting in someone's home and then another visitor arrives - and they look towards the new arrival entering the room. But he did seem to be somehow expecting me.

He also did not make any gesture that I remember: he just sat there. And then the dream was over anyway.

I don't even know why I decided to write about this.
Then again, it usually turns out that my "un-knowing" knows better than my knowing self... ;-)

P.S./OT: Speaking of dreams... do you know that people can actually STEAL other people's dreams? Not literally, of course, just the imagery. I know because once I had a very odd and beautiful dream - I am not going to tell what it was (not again!
) - that I cherished a lot; then one day I told about it to a group of friends... and then, maybe a year later, I found an account of my dream on the internet, under another person's name.(The dream was so peculiar that it could not possibly be a coincidence.)

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hi, again.

Identifying dream motifs is sort of like fingerprint identification: you look for "points of similarity," and call it a match when you think you have enough. A dream fragment is hard to classify, just as a partial print can be: there are too few points of any kind to have many points that match.

When I read your post, I was thinking that this could have been a "big dream" in Carl Jung's sense (searchable). That was based on your sense at the time that it was vivid, that you thought about it afterwards, and that you still think about it several years later.

If it was a big dream, then the main dream character (besides yourself) would likely be an archetype, a "stock character" that a lot of people dream. An attractive person of the other sex and of about the same age, whom you meet for the first time, and he is friendly... that character would be the Animus (also searchable, just be sure you get the dream character, and not the awful real-life mate of the same name).

But why wouldn't anybody dream about meeting a friendly, attractive person of the other sex and of about the same age? Maybe it's just a nice dream, say no more.

So, if it really is a fragment, then we're stuck. What you have fits a "meeting the Animus" big dream scenario, but there's not enough for a confident identification. And there is a lively alternative hypothesis.

You might want to check out big dreams and Animus, the dream character, to see if anything clicks. They're nice to know about, and at least it's something to think about as you reflect on your dream.

And yeah, I agree that dream motifs are contagious!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Well, im going to be a little bit more "out there" with my thoughts. I dont think the first dream you had was actually yours, well not completely anyway. I think the image of the boy belonged to another persons dream and you picked up on their thoughts.

Can you remember if there was anyone that you were close too at the time, (friends or family) that may of had heightened emotions for one reason or another... for example stress, trauma, loss of a loved one, etc. or they can be good emotions too lol.

Had anything happened in the area where you lived, it could be that you were picking up on peoples thoughts around you. I do this sometimes with my dreams.

As for the second dream, I keep thinking of remote viewing, not sure why though. I do think remote viewing is connected to dreaming, maybe even pre cog dreams, where people see events taking place.

But to dream of Michael Caine and then to see a picture of him in a room in a building, maybe you remote viewed the room through your dream and what you saw in your dream was how your dream interpreted the remote viewing.

Hmm.. sounds good, now how would I prove that theory..lol.

Cheers,

JQ.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The first dream the boy was an angel and he was glad to see you for some reason, God is speaking to you, so listen.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

First of all, I apologise for not having replied earlier. I haven't been spending as much time here as I used to, and I simply FORGOT about this thread.

And thank you so much for the thought you have given it!

I can tell you one thing: the blasted animus most certainly HAS messed up my entire life.
I don't think this boy was the image of HIM - because I would have realised it even now, after reading your message (if not sooner).

But Animus, that shadowy Man of Men, has indeed been clinging to me forever and preventing me from loving anyone who isn't HIM.

Most successfully, I might add...

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jonhan969

That's just... so sweet.
(And I don't mean that in a patronising way.)
Thank you!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

That is extraordinarily interesting, John.

It never occurred to me to think about it that way.

And yes, this WAS a period when my mother was going through a very important (post)traumatic period.
Come to think of it... he did look like somebody she could have fancied at my age.

(I mean, he would have been more her "type" than mine.)

Very interesting.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Usually my dreams tend to be silly ( like when me Matt Parkman from Heroes and Capt Jack Sparrow helped someone move into an apt and then broke into the White House)

However, this week, I've had two different dreams that I can clearly remember, one was silly the other not so much but both had something in common with each other.

The silly one, was just silly so I wont get into detail with it aside from mentioning that the words "hassam al aziz " came up in a conversation.

The second, took place in a neighborhood I used to live in, only it was the future but something had happened and there was technology but there was also a state of, de-technology, I guess. I don't know how to explain it. People lived in camps but there were holograph machines etc.

I had come to this particular camp with a group of people I was traveling with as their bodyguard and also at the request of the leader of this particular camp.

( Some minor background IRL I am a long time student of a form of Kenjutsu that is based of the Kage-ryu style called Kashima Shinden Jikishinkage-ryū "divinely transmitted, honest reflection of the heart, school of Kashima" we were trained in the old ways so in a very real sense I am a samurai as we are held to the same standards, this will make sense soon and it's better to tell it now)

When I walk into the camp to meet the leader, I remember walking around and looking at a few things, some children playing etc nothing really noteworthy that I can remember aside from my normal Hakama and Keikogi which are usually both black, I was wearing a bright white Hakama (pants) and a dark blue Keikogi and a cloak of some form of red ( i am color blind so darkish red?)

The leader is sitting behind a table with some other people when he stops me from approaching, I remember standing under a cherry blossom tree and it was in bloom, he throws and orange at me suddenly and I draw my blade and slice it in half. This was a test of if I was who I said I was. He nods and sits back down.

The next moment I am standing on the street corner when the house next to the camp is invaded by a group of people in what is best guess medievel armor type, chain mail etc with bows, and to my left a girl that I apparently knew in the dream comes running up to me wounded and hands me a note that she says is the person attacking the camp and she collapses. I open the note and it says "hassam al aziz". In the dream I recognize the name, and make my way to the building, to try and repel the attack, after warding off a few I encountered a man with a large broadsword and we start to fight, halfway through the fight my sword breaks ( there is symbolisim in that for me already) and I am left to retreat back to the camp.

I remember saying something about needeing a new sword and thats when my cat woke me up.....

So, I looked up the name that was in both of them and didn't really come across much that seemed relevant to me so figured i would post here and see what yall thought.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Hey Vanitas! Welcome back

I have this strange idea that dreams are real. And, that it is our unconscious in control. That our unconscious self is just as much US as our conscious self.

AND, that we try to communicate with ourselves through dreams in a number of ways.
I would sense that this dream is one of many in which you are telling yourself that you "can communicate" with yourself about past present and future. We all can. Have.

Sort of another "proof" to yourself of the possibilities and abilities that you have. Seeing something like MC in a dream is too unusual for you not to notice the "coincidence"

The familiar face could be many things. You may have known that person in another life, dimension, etc. It could be another element of yourself who is pleased with you. That one is too vague to interpret. More so what you "feel" in dreams seems to help interpret them. You talked about how "he" seemed, not really how you felt about him.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by seagrass]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Hey, Seagrass! Nice to "see" you again.

Sorry, I didn't notice your reply earlier.
(I keep forgetting about this thread!)

I like your interpretation. It reads very much like I FEEL about it.
(Does that make sense? I mean, to anyone but me? :-))
I think it's very important to keep juggling all the countless possibilities that may be at play in our life, both conscious and un-conscious.

And I absolutely subscribe to the idea that dreams ARE a reality, no less real than the waking one.

I don't usually talk about my dreams (I think it's the first time I've done it), but in this case... I am glad I did.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itachimaru

The silly one, was just silly so I wont get into detail with it aside from mentioning that the words "hassam al aziz " came up in a conversation.

Hey, at least you caught the words!
I had a dream once about Osama bin Laden holding me by the wrist (apparently he was afraid I would escape
) and talking to me, very kindly, he was all smiles, in my own language - and I didn't understand a single word!

It's true.
Silly, but true.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits

And yeah, I agree that dream motifs are contagious!

Absolutely, especially within a family.

But that was no "contagion": that was THEFT, pure and simple!

There is no way anyone else in the world could have had that same dream.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I'm glad you did too, as I love to try to interpret them.

new topics

top topics

join