It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your first conscious memory?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pizzaguy

AW! That is so sad pizzaguy
I'll bet you do remember that emotion from time to time. It seems strange, but all of these responses seem to point to some deeply emotional moment each of us may have had.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Funny you say that Hazel. Anyone female I've ever related that story to responded in exactly the same way. And I don't tell that story to just anyone. Sweet of you I guess. 41yrs old now, rarely affects me anymore. I embraced the feeling one long night, thought I was dying or something weird, and since, rarely does it visit anymore. Strange the baggage the mind carries around with it. I'm thinkin first memories are just by the nature of being young are definitely going to carry emotions right along with it.

PG

[edit on 3-9-2009 by pizzaguy]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This is going to raise some feathers, but I was born in 1980 and my first "official" memeory comes to me from 1982. i was a child lying in bed wondering why I was in this place "home".

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
My first memory?
A male face holding me very close, too close.
Then laying a towel down on the bedspread so it wouldn't get *dirty*.
Then molesting me and making me bleed.

My earliest memory?

That a bedspread was worth more, than my innocence.
This man protected a bedspread and not me, a little girl of 2, 3 tops.
I’m still trying to find out who this man is.

Too much info?
Oh well, this is life, not an amusement park.
Sorry, but you asked.

Please, no responses in the way of *Oh I’m so sorry*.
Just do all you can to make sure it doesn’t happen to the little ones around you.

EDIT: I don't like leaving posts that may give out negative energy.
So, here's some GREAT energy to balance life out.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
A painful pins and needles feeling,everytime i tried to walk.Damn, it was annoying.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

As a baby I knew my real name was elenore and not what everyone called me. As I grew older I remembered that elenore died in 1945. I wasnt born till 1951.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
My first memory is of dropping a yellow sandwich cookie in the yard, and then taking it into the house to wash it off. It didn't work! I probably was about three years old. And then I remember trying to make toast. I didn't know you weren't supposed to put the peanut butter on BEFORE you put it in the toaster!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I can remember my entire birth!! (Everything I remember was later confirmed by my parents..)

I remember being born in a hallway at the hospital (before they could get my mom into a room), the feeling of being squeezed out, the hard startched blue blanket over me as I was being born (my mom was covered), my mom saying "its not crying" and the doctor running over and pulling me to him upside down (trying to get me to cry.. haha).

Everything is very vivid and I can recall a few things both of my parents said after this..

When I was about 12, I asked them if this really happened -- describing every detail -- and (very shocked) they confirmed that it did!

And I remember a few moments before my actual birth too.. (but that's a bit too odd to describe here!!)

Memories are priceless.. =)

- Mea

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
My first conscious memory is that at i am laying on my back in a baby carriage and the sun was shining. I think i was under one year old at that time.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
My first conscious memory is while being an infant. I remember being laid down in a crib with a baseball cap and a yellow plastic baseball bat. I laid there listening to the sound of thunder outside.

My next conscious memory was at 18 months old. I remember being held by my father who was sitting beside my mother on the floor with their backs up against a sofa. They were posing for a picture. I recalled the color, pattern, and texture of the sofa, the rug, even what my mother and father were wearing. I was squirming to get free of my father's arms.

Both events my mother swore for two decades never happened. However, I found the items that I recalled with me in my baby crib listed in my Baby Book on the Gift Registry. The second event was substantiated when I located the negative of the picture that was taken at 18 months. Sure enough, every single detail I recalled was correct.

Consciousness is something that happened in flashes. They would happen over time closer and closer together until about 5 years of age, but the majority of that time previous to that age is blackness and void. Since that age I have been able to remember every single event that had ever happened since.

My own daughter developed consciousness in a stranger fashion. Up until age 5 she could recall *EVERYTHING* and I mean *EVERYTHING* that ever occurred to her prior to that age. After that age, she lost memory of most of it. She recalls major events prior to age 5, but nothing else.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
My first memory isn't until the age of three. Playing with an action man amphibious vehicle and my brother nicking it off me, the b&^£%$d.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
oh boy...
first memory..
I was just over 2 years old, and we lived down the street from the store where my dad would get his newspaper everyday.
Apparently, according to my mom, dad said he wanted a paper, and upon hearing that, I took it upon myself to take off down the street, alone, clad only in a diaper, to get him one.
What I remember is being in front of the store, looking all cute I suppose, so a big person would open the door for me, grabbing a paper, and losing half of it all the way home.
My first outing alone, my first shoplifting experience, and my parents first panic attack all in one day...
Damn I'm good.
Hey, I was just asserting my independence.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by AccessDenied]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I thought this subject had been covered before but maybe this is a good way of bringing something unexplainable to people who wouldn't normally give the time of day to!

I remember before, during and after birth ...I also remember little bits throughout my life!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a good thread to open this subject up a bit more!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

there are many people like myself and randyvs who have put their experiences on ats
Search is your friend

As I say in the above thread.....I remember chosing my mother...I remember being in the womb and being born....cant get earlier memories than that can you ??

[edit on 23-9-2009 by zerozero00]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I moved to Dallas when I just turned 3. I remember just walking down the street and seeing people ride bikes. That's all really. The strange, but understandable part was that when viewing this memory years later, I can notice the perceptive/perspective differences. My perception was not yet solidified. Everything was wavy to some extent and much more vivid. Also, I notice now looking back how larger than life everything seemed.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
My first memory that I can put a time frame on is when my older brother was going to go to school for the first time. I was a little over 2 at the time. I was dressed in those pajamas that have feet and I was standing by the kitchen sink. The sink was way above my head. I was crying because my brother was getting to do something that I wasn't going to get to do.

I have other memories about my baby blanket, a stuffed bear, and my high chair but I can't put them in a time frame.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join