It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans have no guts.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
heelstone says "Your reply to my post makes zero sense in the context of what I typed. You're just spouting off a line because you cannot in any logical way defend the continued actions of the United States military in Iraq."

You said Americans act like theres some big threat coming out of the Middle East.
My reply that Americans are like the big elephant afraid of the proverbial mouse backs up exactly what you were saying you MORON. If you are going to be against the war like me, at least have a brain. I want intelligent people on my side.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Just because I quote you doesn't mean I'm disagreeing with you, are you a paranoid schizo

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm not American, but the title of this thread is quite annoying. Americans have no guts ? Actually it should be some Americans have no guts. Bush for example. He'd never in a million years go to Iraq and fight with the US troops. But I do know of many Americans who are honourable and strong-minded people who do have guts.
Just a point.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nemesis9
heelstone says "Your reply to my post makes zero sense in the context of what I typed. You're just spouting off a line because you cannot in any logical way defend the continued actions of the United States military in Iraq."

You said Americans act like theres some big threat coming out of the Middle East.
My reply that Americans are like the big elephant afraid of the proverbial mouse backs up exactly what you were saying you MORON. If you are going to be against the war like me, at least have a brain. I want intelligent people on my side.
The method in which you replied was vague enough for me to reason you are just tossing out some pro-war rhetoric. To try and decipher your thoughts beyond the words presented should not be required.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone

The method in which you replied was vague enough for me to reason you are just tossing out some pro-war rhetoric. To try and decipher your thoughts beyond the words presented should not be required.

Sorry, didn't mean to flare up at you, it's just the thought of someone marking me as pro-war inflamed my emotions. Perhaps we understand each other a little better now. Ah, but words are not always perfect

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Point well taken Pisky, lots of Americans do have guts. But guts are kinda rare in Washington these days

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Americans DO have guts. And I can prove it with my 12-gauge shotgun....

I love it when punks talk big sitting behind a computer. Especially when they are so secure they don't even give a legitimate location.

Heel, where have you been? You been in the woods away from a TV, paper or book the last 14 years or so? Hussein was a threat, and was a legitimate target. Hussein was connected to terror (funny how whenever that info surfaces, it is always pushed back to the last page of the paper and then forgotten), aw heck, I don't have time to recap over a decade for you. Glad to see you're awake from the coma, though. By the way, if you planned on putting teh WTC on any sight-seeing trip, forgetaboutit!

Gotta go to bed. Gotta do the lawn tomorrow. Which reminds me, check out the Lawn conspiracy! Yet something else while you were in the coma.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Dont take the rremark about the shotgun so seriously it was tongue-in-cheek, just like my whereabouts. If ya wanna know, I'm in AZ.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
By the way, for the overly serious, the shotgun joke was meant to be a JOKE. Americans do have guts, LITERALLY, as in a shotgun would prove it you blew their ACTUAL guts out. Duh, ya get it?
Can you even grin. Geez..

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Ok, I gotta know, you're in AZ, so what's with the Easter Island statue avatar? Figured you'd have a meteor crater photo or something.

You anywhere near Flagstaff?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
music playing in background:Blackmoore's Night:Greensleeves

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
Stop generalizing. It all depends on the individual.

That individual is Bush. He dived into the war head first. John Kerry said Bush is mishandling the war, and he should be ousted from office.

The UNITED NATIONS weren't prepared and apparently neither was Bush's America. :bash:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Ok, I gotta know, you're in AZ, so what's with the Easter Island statue avatar? Figured you'd have a meteor crater photo or something.

You anywhere near Flagstaff?

The Easter Island thing is just an interesting thing I've read about. The link to mysterious places is my tribute to them for allowing me to download the image free from their site.

I'm in the Phoenix area, my folks are from GA.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by nemesis9]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
We want them to return because the sacrifice isnt worth the prize.

Price of Both Iraq and Afghanistan war is 50 billion dollars + the death of the countless Foreign forces(Mainly American) + death of wrongfully accused Iraqi Civillians abused,tortured,killed and/or raped at jails.

Democratic Iraq, nor thier oil and subservience, in the minds of Americans, is not worth the price.

Democracy in the middle east is near impossible.

Bush's US intervention is impossible(Kerry stands a better chance, just because he is not Bush and has no relation to Bush Senior), but a UN resolution would improve things

But Americans are waking up to the fact Iraq, like Vietnam, is not worth the price being paid.

Lyndie England video interview agrees, not to mention the video diaries of the other soldiers. It's a shame that Rumsfield approved the pics. This inflicted national shame on the American soldiers ordering them to pose for pics. As was the story by the deposed Lyndie England.

At first I was against the Kosovo bombings inflicted by NATO's resolution process, but after seeing the whole picture there was no other way.
Iraq see's the US led coalition as the war in kosovo; whereas, the americans compare it to Vietnam.
Both are horrible scenarios

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Surfer, I'm not getting what you are saying. Please explain. I see this "war on terrorism" being the same thing as Viet Nam. It will move from country to country with no resolution. Another war of attrition. Why don't we see huge protests? The Net. We're talking here instead of protesting on the streets, like that would work. Sounds a lot like the "war on drugs" that Regan had, Columbia, Niceragua, El Salvador, etc. Did that solve anything? Ask your parents.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

... guts are kinda rare in Washington these days

Now that is very true. You can add honour to that list and humanity.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Intrepid, the flare ups in central America were Cold War conflicts, not so much drug wars, although drug trade funds the communist groups. Ironic that the dopers fund those against their country, huh?

You have quite a point, that if the W.o.T. isn't pursued more aggressively and decisively it will cost much more in lives and money than need be, and will bounce all over the world.

<< 1  2   >>

join