It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Aprove New Snooping Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Feds approve new technology to see inside your house.
ap.tbo.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hee Hee hee

Bad news for MJ growers

And how long ago infra red and other sniffing methods were considered illegal unless you have a search warant?

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
For a long time ..the police depatments in conjunction with PGE and PP&L ( the 2 major power companies in the north west) have had a deal where houses that where above average in power use where treated as suspicouse(sp)...then the Tacoma police went to the infrared cameras in helos to pick out houses that where hotter then ones on the street..they used all this to pick out houses that where MJ suspects..But the reality of it was that in instead they found houses with very poor insulation, substandard windows etc...I wonder if this is what is gonna happen again..what a joke

Boomslang

posted on Feb, 19 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
i wonder what'd happen if someone set up counter to this so a very bright and unpleasant flash were to appear when people use it on these houses. if they snoop on me i know i'd be pissed but then i wouldn't cos i wouldn't know it happened. americans security is being threatened by government with no respect for privacy. things can be good but sometimes they take it far. it's unconstitutional but so is not being able to spell constitution. lol

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is nothing new i assure you.

they probably have bugs in your tvs, radios. basically what they
let out in the news they have done years ago without us knowing it.

It will get worse, more attacks, more loss of privacy, when you have a society which
is out of control the only outcome can be martial law.

and if your religious like me, ill bethe first person they go after. In their own words all religious people
who believe in god are fanatics and the enemies.

peace.

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Heres a picture

Here is the qoute of what it does..I got it from cnn

"SoldierVision
Sci-fi's X-ray vision now has a real-world equivalent. The handheld SoldierVision device emits low-power radio pulses that penetrate walls up to 30 feet away, emitting unique patterns as they bounce off concrete, wood, and human skin. SoldierVision analyzes the patterns to create a color-coded "picture" of a room's contents -- unarmed civilians or an ambush, for instance. Built by Time Domain, a Huntsville, Ala., firm that holds patents on several ultra-wideband technologies, the first SoldierVision units were delivered to the Army in October. -- M.M.

COST: $29,500 per handheld
COMPANY TO WATCH: Time Domain
WHAT IT MAKES: Handheld surveillance device

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Mr.E, thanks.

Fascinating device.

top topics

join