It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Says He Was Proponent for Military Action Against Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

China doesn't need to use nukes to ruin us. Since they own us all they have to do is declare the U.S. dollar worthless and quit buying our bonds. That would destroy us right there without a single shot having been fired.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I wonder what this thread would look like if the title was:
"Bush refuses to take military action against Iran despite pressure from administration officials"

What if Bush wasn't the war monger he's made out to be?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Iran is tough and culturally unified. If the United States wants defeat them militarily...they'll have to wait until they have an atomic "Islam" bomb...then set the whole country on fire with our own weapons; while they are at it take out Syria too...

The only possible way to get them to see the correct path is to be able to promise and deliver nuclear annihilation.

Since this world doesn't have the stomach for real life things, it probably won't happen.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by RRconservative

Too bad Cheney didn't have the power everyone thought he did. I'll gues we will just continue to ask Iran nicely not to proceed with their nuclear program. Works everytime huh?

Iran will get nukes. Get used to it. We can't control the world and we shouldn't.

Uhmm, no they will not. That much has remained clear regardless of who is in charge. They will not be allowed PERIOD

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by A Fortiori

China doesn't need to use nukes to ruin us. Since they own us all they have to do is declare the U.S. dollar worthless and quit buying our bonds. That would destroy us right there without a single shot having been fired.

That is the biggest load of rubbish I have read all day. The US at China's mercy, Plllllease!

The more likely scenario would be for the US to make the dollar worthless and viola, China has nothing.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

It doesn't work that way anymore.

With China as an ally if the US threatens to attack Iran all the Middle Kingdom had to do is call in the debts the US owes it and we are up shats creek without a poodle.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

We usually don't agree on anything but you are right on the money with that.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Since Iran was left alone, let's not judge Cheney right now, as the show isn't over. It was only the second act, and we're now in the third.

I would suggest that since we DIDN'T take out the Iranian nuclear program, weeks, months, or even years from now, it very well may be argued by military strategists and scholars that humanity wouldn't have lost hundreds of thousands, or even millions in the following years because of the reluctance to take them out. Prudence requires vision.

Iranian Islamic fanaticism is the problem. And we all know that Islamic fanatics, such as those who control the government of Iran, have no problem at all with the dying part - IF - they can kill masses of non-Muslims, especially from the great SATAN.

I think Cheney had it right.

But you know what? We're sure as hell going to find out. Pretty soon.

Nice guys always get their ass kicked.

The SOB's get things done. Even the hard things that no one else has the balls to do.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by dooper]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

HERSH: I’ll make it worse. I think he’s put people left. He’s put people back. They call it a stay behind. It’s sort of an intelligence term of art. When you leave a country and, you know, you’ve driven out the, you know, you’ve lost the war. You leave people behind. It’s a stay behind that you can continue to contacts with, to do sabotage, whatever you want to do. Cheney’s left a stay behind. He’s got people in a lot of agencies that still tell him what’s going on. Particularly in defense, obviously. Also in the NSA, there’s still people that talk to him. He still knows what’s going on. Can he still control policy up to a point? Probably up to a point, a minor point. But he’s still there. He’s still a presence.

Pretty worrying when he likes to continue to be involved.
thinkprogress.org...

But really, is it a surprise to anyone?

remember the nukes that got flown across the country?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join