It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think guns should allowed to be sold to citizens?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I just wanted to know if you think that it is alright that in America you could go off and buy guns? I dont think this is right ecause most likley murder would be reduced if it was stopped.

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by AD5673]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
I just wanted to know if you think that it is alright that in America you could go off and buy guns? I dont think this is right ecause most likley murder would be reduced if it was stopped.

How old are? Have you taken any classes on the constitution? If so, what were you taught?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yes, because banning guns would not lower the murder rate. Most gun deaths are accidents and suicides.

More people are murdered by knives, strangulation, or get beat to death than die with guns. A hell of alot more. Banning guns just makes the govornment more powerful, robs us of a constitutional right, ect.

Gun deaths get more press than other types of murders because they are more sensational and dramatic. Nothing terribly flashy about getting beat to death with a lead pipe or strangled. Thus, the media will probably ignore the details of such crimes, and only mention them in passing.

link   
No i havent taken any classes on the constitution, I thin it's wrong to own guns though! You could just go out side and shoot someone if youre pissed of at them. Do you know how much violence there is like around projects? It's because of guns. I dont live in the projects but i live in Brooklyn, New York, and i know!

link   
The people who want to murder using guns will always finda way to get a gun...that is what a black market is for.

The Constitution guarantees the Right to Bear Arms, no?
Has something changed that I missed???
Why should this be changed: to make it more difficult for the majority of good people who want guns?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

It's because of guns. I dont live in the projects but i live in Brooklyn, New York, and i know!

And, how many of those guns do you think were LR+EGALLY purchased?
So, by your plant, those people would still have those guns

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Again, how old are you?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Im young. Im 11. I still think guns shouldnt be allowed in the US. This is one of not many countries allowing guns to be purchased. I think that crime would be reduced if guns were not allowed to be purchased.

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by AD5673]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If you dont like guns, then dont own one. But dont go aroud telling people they cant.

I grew up in some of the worst neighborhoods in California. #holes, all of em. Most murders and rapes were done with knives. Shootings occured. And guess what they shot thier victims with?

BANNED ILLEGAL GUNS. FULL AUTOS, UZIS, THE WORKS.

Obviously, banning those weapons and making them illegal didnt stop anyone from getting killed. california has one of the highest murder and crime rates in the country, and also has amongst the strictest gun control laws. Gun control hasnt lessened the crime there.

I have owned guns, and still do. And I am still yet to go out and shoot anyone. Nor have I been tempted. if im pissed at someone, i can think of hundreds of ways to get even and satisfy my sadistic tendancies. Shooting people is not one of them. i reserve my guns for shooting a potential attacker or rapist. Someones who is trying to harm me.

So, i dunno where youre comming from. people shoot people and kill them because they are criminals with no respect for life. Not because they have guns.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I don't have time to explain U.S. history to you, but it is obvious you are in dire need of several hours worth of lessons, not from a public education teacher, but from a constitutionalist such as me. I will tell you that there are numerous threads here where I explain this. Not only me, but many other people have helped clarify it. Your brainwashing by teachers and media into thinking that guns are evil and human morality is relative rather than gun usage is relative and humans murdering other humans regardless of the means coupled with your total lack of education on the founding document of this nation leads you to come to this conclusion, not facts. Get the facts. It'll make more sense.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I don't have time to explain U.S. history to you, but it is obvious you are in dire need of several hours worth of lessons, not from a public education teacher, but from a constitutionalist such as me. I will tell you that there are numerous threads here where I explain this. Not only me, but many other people have helped clarify it. Your brainwashing by teachers and media into thinking that guns are evil and human morality is relative rather than gun usage is relative and humans murdering other humans regardless of the means coupled with your total lack of education on the founding document of this nation leads you to come to this conclusion, not facts. Get the facts. It'll make more sense.

I know U.S. history pretty well. Im not stupid! And why is everyone going like crazy on me!?!!?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
AD, you need to ask the Polish what they thought of gun control under the Soviet rule. Were able to ask them what they thought, the Jews that were slaughtered after Hitler had their weapons taken away would tell you that you are a fool.

I will merely tell you that the founding fathers said that it is our responsibility to own weapons so that if one day we have to take back the country from tyranny and arbitrary rule we will have the means.

Which do you think knows better, whoever is suggesting these ideas tha tguns are bad to an 11 year old who should be playing outside instead of screwing around on the computer or the Founding Fathers of this nation?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Your brainwashing by teachers and media into thinking that guns are evil and human morality is relative rather than gun usage is relative and humans murdering other humans regardless of the means coupled with your total lack of education on the founding document of this nation leads you to come to this conclusion, not facts. Get the facts. It'll make more sense.

Yes! Well said TC! But, please go easy on him... like you recognized, it's not his fault that he has such an understanding. I was once brainwashed by similar ideas, too. I was in school during the Columbine thing and everyone was awash in how guns are bad and dangerous, but nobody was really talking about the oddities surrounding the whole disaster.

A good reason why we have the right to bear arms as guaranteed by our Bill of Rights is for our own self protection. Not only from the government, but creeps who want to take advantage of innocent people. One of the first things that Hitler did when he took power was "give all ze gunz to me!", and that is a very good example of how an unarmed population is equal to a vulnerable one.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I know U.S. history pretty well. Im not stupid! And why is everyone going like crazy on me!?!!?

Im sorry if you're referring to me... I didn't know you were so young. I am very sorry for being rude to you about your Earth being so young theory earlier, as I was not aware of your age.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
AD, I have been studying the constitution and American history in regards to the constitution, and the words of the Founding Fathers longer than you have been alive. You are 11; how well can you know the U.S. history as they haven't covered the whole thing yet?
By the way, buddy, nobody is going crazy on you, its just the thread displayed a significant lack of understanding and child-like view of the topic. Honestly, it caught me off guard, that is what compelled me to ask your age and education level.

You'll gather the info, and to be honest, you are too young to be concerned with such topics on the computer. You should be out playing stick ball or soccer, getting strong and fast! There'll be time to type on the computer, such as me, when you're old , slow and with many injuries!!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

No i havent taken any classes on the constitution, I thin it's wrong to own guns though! You could just go out side and shoot someone if youre pissed of at them. Do you know how much violence there is like around projects? It's because of guns. I dont live in the projects but i live in Brooklyn, New York, and i know!

Then you also oughta know AD that the mafia would have a field day in supplying illegal guns to anyone who wanted them and this would increase there power and money....the black market would just love for guns to be illegal.....they already love ;the fact that drugs and prostitution are illegal ....dont give em our guns ,,,,,then the only people with guns will be the criminals...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
AlnilamOmega, you are correct, and I don't mean to be harsh, not at AD anyway.
I tell you who I'd like to get harsh with, though, is the moronic controllers of the moronic education system! My son is 13 and has a decent understanding of the constitution and several other things, but no thanks to the education system. It is incredible how miserable it is. In some ways, such as computer understanding, they are doing great, but it seems in everything else they are failing us.
Meanwhile, they feed our kids with social engineering garbage. I got a dose of it in elementary school and JR high, and its gotten even worse nowadays, from looking at the books and curriculum!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yes, I do believe it's right, and it's also a right.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Well, I just spent five minutes typing up a response that you really would not have liked, because I felt you made a very ill-informed statement on a hotbutton issue. Now that I have gained a bit more insight with regards to your opinion, I have decided to refrain. With a bit more world experience I think you will see how a statement like the one you made can be seen as "trolling" or "flame-baiting."

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Meanwhile, they feed our kids with social engineering garbage. I got a dose of it in elementary school and JR high, and its gotten even worse nowadays, from looking at the books and curriculum!

Now TC ..I dont always see eye to eye with you on alot of things but your right on here......they took corporal punishment out of the schools and put ritalin in .....and brainwashed everyone into believing that spanking your kid turns them into sexual deviants and they ban books like Tom Sawyer and Farenheit 541 and weve got to wonder whats going on!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join