It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth cant be billions of years old...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The Earth cant be a billion years old because there would be billions of humans on Earth. In 1900 there were about 1 billion people on Earth. One hundred years later it is nearly 10 billion people on Earth. If humanity is eve maybe 40,000 years old there would be nearly 60-100 billion people on Earth. I dont have a link or anything i just thought this up in my head about the Earth's population. What do you people think?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
humans have only been on earth around 1 million years so the age of the planet has nothing to do with the population really.

if humans had developed societies like today for all these years that 60-100 billion might be a possibility but we would have to have developed on the moon, under water, under ground, on desert, in forest, anything because we couldnt maintain such a population without developing everything.

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by namehere]

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by namehere]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Do you understand what im saying? If humans have been around for a million years then there would be more than just about 10 billion as there is now! There would be 100 billion of us maybe!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
One very simple thing that you are forgetting in your flawed calculation are the cost of lives incurred by the wars that have happened over time. Such people who have been killed would have a profound effect on your multiplication estimates

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
As we humans advance technologically, strides in specific areas enable us to support a larger population for longer and longer amounts of time.

Healthcare and medicine, more efficient ways to produce food, etc.

Way back in the day, people died because from various things (sickness, malnutrition, animal attacks, wars) before they reached the procreating age. More and more people today are making to the age where they fornicate and increase the pop.

Furthermore, our population is growing at an exponential rate so if the number was 1 billion in 1900 and 10 billion in 2000, it will take way less than 100 years for us to see another 9 billion increase, but getting to that first billion took thousands.

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by hopblaze]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
The Earth cant be a billion years old because there would be billions of humans on Earth. In 1900 there were about 1 billion people on Earth. One hundred years later it is nearly 10 billion people on Earth. If humanity is eve maybe 40,000 years old there would be nearly 60-100 billion people on Earth. I dont have a link or anything i just thought this up in my head about the Earth's population. What do you people think?

well theres always the good old ....War ....Famine....Disease and of course a population can only grow fast when it becomes efficent at growing food and providing health care....which hasnt been for very long......i just dont see how this has anything to do with the age of the earth.....?
It could be that multiple civilizations have come and gone from the earth. The earth in time wipes all evidence clean that they existed....even the greatest features geologically change and erode and the greatest of structures will crumble into nothingness.

The earth is very old indeed.....ancient in fact about 25% the age of the universe ,which at last count should be right around 17 billion years old.
The earth has got to be at least four to five billion years old....

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Right. That, and the fact that the human population has only just begun to increase rapidly (in relation to their age). Check the chart:

Most of the other people summed up why this is happening, and saved me a lot of typing.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
One very simple thing that you are forgetting in your flawed calculation are the cost of lives incurred by the wars that have happened over time. Such people who have been killed would have a profound effect on your multiplication estimates

WWI. WWI, Vietnam War, Spanish Civil War, Korean War, Desert Storm... and much more wars have been in the last century.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Epidemics and Government poulation control methods...
Simple.... hahaha

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yes still if there were massive amounts of people dying a million years! Think of it! 1,000,000 years! Thats ahell of a lot. The human population would be mush bigger than it is now if the Earth exists for Millions of years. Humanity has been around ever since the Earth was created or as other belive formed.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Ad5673 How do you explain fossils that date backmillions of years, or how about the geological evidence??????

oh i think you should read "Inherit the wind"

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

WWI. WWI, Vietnam War, Spanish Civil War, Korean War, Desert Storm... and much more wars have been in the last century.

I'm patient... so I'll respond to this one, but I hope I am not talking to a wall. You're also forgetting that there were lots of big wars before the 19th Century. You're also forgetting that there were lots of wars that were engaged by other nations aside from the United States. The United States is not THE WORLD

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
i like the way you think omega!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

what i would ask you to AD5673 is a google search on the black plague or the flu that struck after wwi and check the statistics on how many people were killed by theese terrible epidemics.....i think youll be surprised...!

i believe said flu killed 18 million people world wide

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yes i know what the black plauge is and what the flu is! But the fossils thing you have absolutly no proof that there are millions of years old! That fossil would probably not even last a million years

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega

I'm patient... so I'll respond to this one, but I hope I am not talking to a wall. You're also forgetting that there were lots of big wars before the 19th Century. You're also forgetting that there were lots of wars that were engaged by other nations aside from the United States. The United States is not THE WORLD

Those wars arent only involving the U.S. They involve lots of countries

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yes i know what the black plauge is and what the flu is! But the fossils thing you have absolutly no proof that there are millions of years old! That fossil would probably not even last a million years

*sigh* do you know how things become fossils?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
look, i know y you dont like the idea of the earth being millions of years old..... it screws with your religion and the lame theory of creation!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warhappy
look, i know y you dont like the idea of the earth being millions of years old..... it screws with your religion and the lame theory of creation!!!!!!!!

your probably right warhappy but AD is very young so we must remember to try to help him understand and not be to hard on him...

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Your right Watch iam srry aboutmy last remark ad!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join