It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti War Rally

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
What do you think of the anti-war rally in london tommorrow..
500,000 marching in the streets??
I think it is pre-dated and won't change anything of the forth comming conflict..

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It won't cahnge anything, I feel that they are nuts waht are we gonna do let Iraq blow up the USA?

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Jedi,

The problem is, that's exactley what half the world's nation's wanna see. No one like's the USA. Why, I don't know. We've help more people than prolly anyone else. We've bailed out more nation's then anyone else. We've upheld peace between nation's more than anyone else. All we want is some goddamned peace, but NO one want's to help acheive that. All these other nation's are just greedy selfish bastard's. Hell, I think anyone against the USA should be considered our enemie's and be targeted for war as well. Get in our way, get your arse blown off the face of this earth.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There's another rally planned here in NYC tomorrow. They expect (hope) to have similar numbers marching down 1st Ave to the UN. The trouble is, they haven't been granted a march permit...

...and they think there's some kind of conspiracy to silence their demonstration.

Can anyone come up with the real reason they haven't been granted a permit?

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I mean who wants to waste thier day marching and making a fool of themselves in something that they know s*?t about,If they did they wouldn't be there.

So what if the war doesn't happen and london gets attacked like America,thousands die i'm sure they would want to kill some one then.

Get a Life!

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Those people on NYC should be thrown in prison! This government is trying to put an end to terror around the WORLD for these people. All so another 9/11 event doesn't happen here! These people are a joke. Sympethizer's(SP?), and should be locked away with the key melted and molded into a bullet.

Why anyone is against this war is beyond me. The government is doing this to save OUR arse's....

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
That right is what makes our nation so great. At least they aren't as bad as the idiots volunteering to be human shields...

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Deal
So what if the war doesn't happen and london gets attacked like America,thousands die i'm sure they would want to kill some one then.

Get a Life!

Oh, yeah. I mean, it's not like London's ever suffered bombing before, either. From terrorists or enemy action in wars. The attitude was "oh well, faeces happen"

Interesting point- stuff blows up in New York one day, the head of state's diving for cover all over.
About a year of concerted bombing of our capital- our head of state and his family refused to leave on the grounds they should have to suffer what their people did.

My father remembers London in WWII. Being up close and personal to war is much more a part of British heritage than it is to Americans. Maybe that's why we're not so enthusiastic about it?

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Deal
I mean who wants to waste thier day marching and making a fool of themselves in something that they know s*?t about,If they did they wouldn't be there.

Get a Life!

People do know what they are marching for. Some people aren't as stupid as you say they are. You are the one who doesn't know anything, you are the one who knows 'sh*t' (as you put it) about anything. So I'd shut your little trap and suggest that you get a life.

[Edited on 15-2-2003 by TheCatalyst]

[Edited on 15-2-2003 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   
They know what there marching for?! Let me tell you what they're marching for. They are marching to stop the USA from taking out a threat to their freedom and live's. Won't they feel stupid, if we did stop and decided NOT to kill the terrorist's. Then these same terrorist's that have been allowed to live, all because of these people's own stupidity got the best of them, decide to take out the protester's families? If it happened to them, they'd think differently.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
About than 1 milion persons will march in rome.
Maybe around 100.000 / 200.000 in PARIS.
MARCHS are today organised all around the world.
About 59% americans are against a war in IRAQ without UN 2nd resolution. 79% in england, france : 74%

Public opinion worldwide is really against an unecessary war in IRAQ :
Reasons maybe that :
The 1st IRAQ war wasn't a victory. It causes economic recession in 90's.

SADDAM stay president of IRAQ, anyway.
US-soldier and other nations suffered of what they called "GULF WAR SYNDROME", caused by microwaves UHF-ELF. A major part of IRAQ veteran have contract there CANCER or PSYCHICS TROUBLES.

And

We don't believe (people worldwide who are against war) that make a war in IRAQ is a way to STOP TERRORISM.

[Edited on 15-2-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
is against an "unnecessary" war. The problem is, this war is necessary. The very reasons you gave for being against the war, are the EXACT reasons we need to go back. Saddam was left in power. Most of us knew that was a mistake, but the international community at the time wasn't prepared to make that commitment...(which Russia, France, and others still aren't ready to do). So, 12 years down the road...we're having to go back and finish the job... Don't worry though, no amount of bleeding hearts are going to get in the way this time, I hope... No, this war isn't going to get rid of terrorism...I don't think anyone is touting it as such... What it will do, is topple one more regime that supports it, and provides it a base of operations...and that, dear Nans...is a good thing.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Nans,

I live in the USA. On the new's yesterday I saw that 68% of US citizen's are FOR the war with Iraq. Since the french don't want us to goto war with Iraq, they're lieing to you by saying over half of us are against it. They are not our word, we are, so get your info from us!

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
To NANS,

You don't live in the US do you? You didn't have friends who died as a result of the WTC's did you? You didn't have other friends who were supposed to be there but were late did you? You don't have an uncle who the only reason he wasn't walking through the corridor in the Pentagon that the plane struck is because he over slept and had to catch a later subway into DC do you? You don't live in this country and know that your country men who died in the tragedy have left kids who will grow up without mom or dad or both do you? You didn't watch in terror as the 2nd plane struck and wonder if there was going to be one in your area too, did you? You are not an American, are you? You are not a citizen of the nation that get's in every godforsaken war for other countries but when we would like help, everyone start's hemming and hawing and walks away. Give me one good reason why we should end up being left standing alone when we need help and we are helping civilization be better off without a terrorist supporting country having WMD's? You know, maybe it is better that we stand alone. The perfect song for this nation is by Disturbed. It's called "I Stand Alone." Listen to it. It reminds me a lot of this nation. Seems the only true allies we have are the Brits, the Ausies and the Kiwi's. Well, they were right there for us after 9/11. Take your self-righteous, comfort loving, conflict avoiding, self and stay put in your country with it's nice, safe, trouble free life. Oh, and maybe your country shouldn't call us when you need help. Maybe we should have a hands off approach when other nations need us. Save us a lot of hassel, lost lives, expenses, and grief when we have to send out the telegrams letting Mr. and Mrs. Jones know that their only son was killed fightin for the safety of a thankless "allie" who won't be there for us when we need them. Or maybe the telegram will tell Mrs. Smith that she is now a widow and will have to raise Josh and Sarah Kate by herself cause our allies didn't come through.

regs out...

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Interesting!

I lost people i worked with at the WTC,so maybe im biased..Not all people want to go to war and i respect that..

The point i was making was that a rally/protest will not achieve anything..

Have you lost anyone by an act of terror.You know who im talking to..........No...... say no more..

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Let people have their protests...ultimately what is happening has the propensity to get quite 'Global' and so those marchers are going to be affected by whatever happens...they have a vested interest and so therefore should be allowed a voice and an opportunity to vent that.

You say it will not achieve anything...cool...then whats the big issue??

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
...oh, and for those who look at someones 'location' in their side-profiles, see they aren't from the USA and then ASSUME that person didn't know someone who perished on 9-11, then your assumptions could very well leap up and bite you on the butt...as not only Americans died that day...though I wonder sometimes if anyone remembers otherwise...

[Edited on 15-2-2003 by alien]

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Seems the turnout was bigger than expected, the police say 750,000 but the organisers are saying in excess of 2 million.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hmm... There could be one very potential outcome to this many people protesting... BOOM!

Yep, perhap's a terrorist could be among the rank's of protester's and blow them to high hell.

Shall we stop the war after that? Will the survivor's comtinue to say "please stop" with there left eye hanging out and their twitching like crazy wishing they were one of the 'lucky' one's that died and didn't have to suffer?

Gee, maybe that's all that is needed....

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
As i previously posted i respect their opions if thats want they want to do then so be it..

I'm not American and i work in London , the people i knew were English.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join