It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone else see "The Mentalist" last night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Generally speaking, I know that above-board mentalist acts are composed primarily of trickery. (Cold reading and the like). This forum is comprised of individuals that are intelligent and talented, and I was just wondering what your take on that show was.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
what channel was it on? Will it be on again? Sounds like the South Park episode of the cold reader and then kyle became one

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It was on CBS. I didn't watch, but the previews looked interesting- the mentalist (whose name i don't know) was driving blindfolded through the streets of New York on a scooter, then transferred feelings between two good looking women.

other than that, i dont know how it went.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I saw some of it. That twin thing confused me. What was he trying to do? Because he poked the one twin on her right side and the other one screamed "Ow!" and grabbed her left side as though that side was in pain... I don't know, I had the volume down so I just noticed that.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If I remember right, He successfully predicted the order in which 5 firefighters would come down the pole, read the mind of a lady who was still in love with her first love, and told her that he was still interested, too, He transferred the sense of taste between two guys, One tasting different kinds of soup, and the other was just tasting water, he transferred feeling between a set of twins (the blonde girls), and rode the scooter through NY traffic blindfolded. (I missed the last two.)

Provided that the chosen members of the audience weren't plants, he's pretty amazing. What I was seeing wasn't cold reading. Besides, he did too many different things for it to be cold reading. Transferring sensations doesn't fall under the cold reading umbrella, and the only way that he could have faked the mind reading thing is if she (the audience member) was planted beforehand. Too many specifics.

Certainly interesting.

top topics

join