It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X Coordinates Y Coordinates CPS Foreign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

What is this for? It is a sticker on a lamp post in my neighborhood. There are three lamp posts in the subdivision but only one has this sticker.

Printed on it from top left to right is, X Coordinates Y Coordinates and the bottom grid is labeled from left to right, CPS and Foreign

Within the grid are markings, apparently the coordinates. But to what?

Any ideas? Is this GPS tracking or electrical grid tracking? Just curious because I've never seen anything like it before.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

No clue Hazelnut. Nice photo of it though. Very strange indeed. Are there numbers associated with the coordinates?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

It looks like I need to get a better picture that shows what is in the grids, that might help someone determine what it is. I took the pic with my cameraphone while walking yesterday but I couldn't tell what it would look like until I uploaded it.

I'll go take another picture, hopefully one that has better clarity of the grid.

Edit:

The rows from top to bottom are numbered from 1 through 9 and the last row is 0. So each little box on the top row is numbered 1, the next row with 2's, and so on.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I would guess that it has to do with the way it is wired./underground wires and where they go.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

That makes sense. But I wonder why only one pole has them and not the others.

Its probably something really mundane and ordinary. I just thought it was odd and had never seen such a thing. The post itself is some kind of plastic.

I hope an electrician or maintenance person comes on and tells me what this is so I can let it go.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
or it could be something actually quite interesting. like a notice for local law inforcement.. or that these house are being monitored.

or that encrypted. military and goverment communication lines run through here..

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
When I saw the word foreign printed on the bottom, of course I was surprised. Then the first thing that came to mind was foreign troops, martial law, etc.

I took my husband for a walk to show him. He was as intrigued as I am but had no idea what it was for.

The subdivision is five years old. The light posts weren't put in until a little over 3 years ago. I just never noticed it, but it could have been there all along.

It looks like a GPS coordinates map. But why?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
My god people have become paranoid, survailence military law enforcment????
its a pole location marker, so the utility co knows where the pole is on the grid.
Depending on where you live the utility company might have to be able to associate it with a different Coordinate Position System, ie the foreign label.

If there is an breakage in the system they can track it to the nearest located pole, there by knowing exactly where to send a crew.

High voltage lines, in most developed countries, are what is called 3 phase power or 3P, there are three separate lines each carrying a voltage whose wave forms are spaced 120 degrees apart.
Thats why the hot wires are in groups of three.
Example:
here in the states we have 600v 3P 440v 3P and 240/220V 3P
and 208v synthisized 3P.

In the case of 240 3P each of the 3 "legs" carries 120V, plus a ground.
For industrial users, lets say a motor, two of the legs combine to give 240V and the third determines the "direction" of rotation, or flow of electricity.
In the case of a 3P ac motor, you can hook any leg to any terminal and the motor will run, if the direction of rotation is wrong then you flip any two wires on their terminals and the direction of rotation or flow will be reversed.

And to achieve a household voltage of 120V 2 legs are used.

There are connection diagrams for hooking up differnet voltages to a transformer to get different ouptput voltages, but these diagrams are inside of the terminal box and not on the pole.

its a location marker for sure

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks
My god people have become paranoid, survailence military law enforcment????
its a pole location marker, so the utility co knows where the pole is on the grid.
Depending on where you live the utility company might have to be able to associate it with a different Coordinate Position System, ie the foreign label.
its a location marker for sure

Yes my friend paranoid and denying ignorance. I figured it was a marker of some kind.

Out of curiousity, why would a utility company need to associate it with a different coordinate system? Does it have something to do with an automated power grid like this?

top topics

join