It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Crop Circles???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
nukunuku ill start you off with the easiest plain jane form of a crop circle the plain ole circle itself. First pic yourself up an 8 foot 2 by four and a metal stake ( wood will work ) place the stake in the ground in the center of where you want to make the circle. Then drill a hole in one end of the 8 ft 2 by four and tie a string through that hole then tie the other end of string to the stake. The length of the string will depend on how big you want the circle. Now drill two more holes in the 2x4 , one in each end ( you can use the first one you drilled if you made the hole big enough ) then take a rope and thread it through both of the holes you just drilled so it makes like a purse strap. Make sure you make the rop long enough that you can hold on to the rope and stand on the 2x 4 in the center. Now you should have a 2x4 with a handle tied to a stake , so stand in the center of the 2x4 and push it forward knocking down the straw ( hay , corn whatever ) in front of you then step on the 2x4 , keep repeating this process and the stake in the middle tied to the 2 x 4 will keep you going in a circuliar pattern making a perfect 16 ft diameter crop circle. You just keep mashing it down as you take a step.............

By the way why do i suspect you asked in order to mess with one of your friends heads? as in p[laying a joke on them??????????????????

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Do you mean aside from several documented interviews by people who admit to doing them. Off the top of my head I don't know thier names. Also, the fact that I've seen documentaries of people showing how they make them by using a rope and a couple flat boards. Come one, I'm not a total closed minded person, but face facts here. If you can't admit that they are all manmade, then you should at least be able to admit that some are. But for arguments sake I'll post a few sites that I can find on man made circles:

www11.brinkster.com...

www.sciam.com...

www.thekeyboard.org.uk...

www.unmuseum.org...

www.forteantimes.com...

I think this should do for now but if not let me know and I'll find more. Enjoy

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Here are some anomalies/characteristics and comments of my own pertaining to some of the Crop Circle Phenomena since 1979.

l. The subject of Crop Circles is given "very short schrift" in the US Press and is NEVER covered seriously by reporters ------when the subject of CROP CIRCLES ever does come up, it is treated generally as "filler" at the end of a boring news day, it is ultimately always in the form of snide derision and never as a "serious look" into the Phenomena.

2. CROP CIRCLES only seem to appear in the Northern Hemisphere in socalled developed countries (i.e. Russia, Germany, UK, France) between May and September and in the Southern Hemisphere between November and March with very few exceptions: the SUN may have something to do with this phenomenon.

Perhaps other "less developed" socalled 3rd world countries also have these CIRCLES appearing in their own wheatfields, but they are not reported as frequently or noticed as often by the "researchers" into this phenomena----the vast number of examples occur in fields of countries with NUCLEAR weapons, generally--at least in the modern history of the phenomena.

3. The "obviously" hoaxed Crop Circles (many of them beautiful and clever, many of the tawdry) do NOT show "microwave cooking" of the "internal stems" of the plants (e.g. Rape-Canola or Wheat stalks etc.), but they DO show lots of footprints leading to and away from the site in the dirt and in the field itself. Oddly perhaps it is ONLY the HOAXED FORGERIES that get on the press. Often the UN-HOAXED phenomena are OFF LIMITS (i.e. marked off by the Army etc. in the interests of "national security" both in cases in the US and in the UK. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

4. Ref: The un-Hoaxed Crop Circles are actually often "radioactive" (especially towards the center) and DO show clear evidence "microwave cooking" of the "internal stem cell structures" in almost every case: the mlecular structure of the plant has been "cooked" as if by MICROWAVE heat: apparenly some kind of "remote-heat source is at work here: an no foot prints to and from the site on the plants or on the dirt (until very human visitors come and wreck the site).

5. Ancient "burial" mounds in the southern part of the UK (e.g. Stonehenge) seem to BE ACTUALLY BUILT ON TOP OF OR INCORPORATE what we today call CROP CIRCLE DESIGNS -----which suggests that the ancient Britons (2300 BC) who were responsibile for the overall initial layout of Stonehenge (although later expanded over 1000 year period) knew of these Crop Circle Formations and used them in a religious manner

6. The RADIOACTIVE remote microwave-cooked CROP CIRCLES are being studied by the Military in the US and abroad: especially the effects of the "energy" on both the plant and the soil left after a CIRCLE "appears".

7. The curious crop circle like designs of Rose Windows and other church/temple/mosque designs (including ancient CELTIC, ARABIC and HINDU designs) seem borrowed from the designs we see in the fields: as if our ancient ancestors were no stranger to them, and they regarded them as spiritual signals "from heaven" or "the gods".

HAS ANYONE ON THIS THREAD EVER SEEN A COMPENDIUM or AN ENCYLOPAEDIA OF ALL THE DESIGNS PHOTOGRAPHED FROM THE AIR SINCE 1970? THERE MUST BE AT LEAST 7500 DIFFERENT DESIGNS TO DATE (I think two or three appeared just this week in the UK)

It would behove any serious modern researchers to classify these DESIGNS ACCORDING TO SIZE, SHAPE, LOCATION, COMPLEXITY TIME OF EVENT, and BY TYPE etc. (circles, stars, hexagrams, planet designs, DNA spiral designs, that Curious KEY or F looking design sticking out of some of them etc.)

The unhoaxed examples seem to be some kind of language as opposed to a "natural" occurance from wind or solar flares etc. (too many perfectly etched straight lines in coded formations, often repeated in complex sequences---in other words, a MIND behind these somewhere).

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
first off ive seen about 10/20 college students that tried to make a decent crop circle in the discovery documentary with the rope/board and they tried to replicate all the weird measurements that are found in the "real" circles. Not only did it take whole night to make (and it was very simple indeed), to get the correct readings they had to create a huge flashy explosion in the middle of the field. Now that was pretty noticeable.

And of course i am aware that some of the circles are man made, but these circles and the ones im talking about have little in common. I dont mind people making the circles if that is the only way for them to make a buck, its like alien hoaxers that are trying to get into the news. So if you belive they made all of the circles you might as well belive that all the UFO material is real. And of course you know the first circles date back hundreds of years?

And excuse me, but the sacral geometry behind the circles takes a lot of time and effort to measure, i doubt it that few punk kids are capable of making the really big, complex ones, i mean come on, some of this things are huuuuuge. I would have problems replicating them on my computer, and they made them 50 metres wide in the middle of the night on a field and with some rope? I dont even want to talk design, its fabulous and to me it shows intelligence, imagination and a sense of humor, that not many humans posses.

you people just cant accept the facts....and the facts are no one has been able to make a convincing one to fool the crop circle researchers
but hey, belive what you will

and as for natural phenomenon, i doubt nature paints star charts in the fields, i mean a snowflake design i could buy, but a lot of this stuff is just too wicked.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Take a look at those websites I gave you....there are some very large, very detailed man made crop circles there. So, no I don't have to accept that there is a big difference in the man made ones and the supposed alien made ones. The bottom line is I don't need to prove that there are massive, beautiful, detailed, ornate, man made crop circles because the proof is already out there. You, on the other hand, have No Proof of any alien made crop circles so the burdon is with you, not me.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
theconversation.org...

[edit on 23-6-2004 by nukunuku]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Take a look at those websites I gave you....there are some very large, very detailed man made crop circles there. So, no I don't have to accept that there is a big difference in the man made ones and the supposed alien made ones. The bottom line is I don't need to prove that there are massive, beautiful, detailed, ornate, man made crop circles because the proof is already out there. You, on the other hand, have No Proof of any alien made crop circles so the burdon is with you, not me.

of course the burden is with me as most of people always take the easy way

but the truth in this case is not as obvious as you would have us belive, becouse you are simply ignoring all the proof that theyre not human made, and that is you burden, you are not able to accept the things that are out of your understanding and you have a much longer way to go than i.

belive what you will but your conclusions are not based on solid evidence, the truth is nobody knows who or what makes them, but even scientists agree that the subject is much more complex that you make it appear to be.

so go do your homework and come up with some solid proof that guys with microwave ovens are running around cooking the crops and then bending them with ropes and boards, and that they can do a 50 metre pattern in under 20 minutes. Until then, you are just being ignorant

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Nukunuku wrotes:

"...you know i cant understand why people like you are on this tread, you dismiss everything that is out of reach of your conciousness without any solid proof, there are many more proofs that humans dont make them than there are that theyre human made. But you really should go talk about WMDs, terrorists and boring like that becouse your mind is better suited for those topics ".

i fully agree Nukunuku
very well sayed

[edit on 23-6-2004 by kangaxx]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
# i edited the previous post by accident

oh well some linx to prove my case:

theconversation.org...

www.principalityofcamside.cc...

www.principalityofcamside.cc...

www.greatdreams.com...

hi kangaxx

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Darn! And we were having so much fun making those circles in Hootersville!

You're right, of course. Advanced stellar civilizations would have more to do than run in circles around farm fields at night chopping cotton and corn for rural graffitti.

Maybe these are teenagers out for a night on a planet after the prom on Alpha Centauri IV. Kids! What can an alien parent do?

Robert Walker O'Neal
onealclan0.tripod.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
ahhh sarcasm, the last resort

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
why would they make crop circles in the first place?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
why would they make crop circles in the first place?

Which "they" do you mean?

I guess you mean aliens. Landing spots for circular based craft most likely. UFO landing physical trace cases and Africa's fairy circles also match up good to crop circles that have the similar physical characteristics. There are at least a few complex design circles that have other physical characteristics to them, but they're rare.

If by "they" you mean man, its just for kicks and to fool people.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
You mean they use them to signal a landing spot for another craft of they are made when they land there?

I'd say they have an advanced enough navigation system to be able to coordinate each other without making these circles,if it is them of course

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
How long have these crop circles been here? Hundreds, thousands of years? If they are used for navigation purposes to land thier spaceships, then what the heck is taking them so long?

Like I said before, I guess with all the man made ones, that must have thrown off thier calculations. They're gonna be pissed when they land in a garbage dump site becuase a few kids got liquered up and busted out a crop circle that read "ZZ Top" in some Iowa corn field.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
You mean they use them to signal a landing spot for another craft of they are made when they land there?

I'd say they have an advanced enough navigation system to be able to coordinate each other without making these circles,if it is them of course

I would suspect landing a circular craft on the ground would leave a circular impression. Some just so happen to land in fields. I don't think any are used for signaling/navigation. Most complex designs are human made, IMO. The more primitive, the more likely to be a UFO landing zone.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Some? If some land in fields that means that some land in other areas. If that's the case, then where are the other landing areas that can match the formations in the fields? And do you mean to tell me that something large enough to land and make those large formation wouldn't be heavy enough to make a severe indentation in the earth?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Maybe the crop circles hold some secret we haven't figured out yet... could have to do with mathmatics.

As someone already stated, as some circles are hoaxes there are others where the physical propeties of the crop, in the area of the design, was altered.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Some? If some land in fields that means that some land in other areas. If that's the case, then where are the other landing areas that can match the formations in the fields? And do you mean to tell me that something large enough to land and make those large formation wouldn't be heavy enough to make a severe indentation in the earth?

There are thousands of documented UFO landing zone trace cases which take place outside of crops. None are designs/patterns and usually are circular or have deep impressions that would reflect landing supports being stuck into the ground. In many such cases radioactivity is far stronger in the alleged landing zone and sometimes the chemical properties of the soil is altered.

This is similar to the african fairy circles which in recent scientific studies defied natural explanation. Plants refuse to grow in the circles even after decades have passed.

I will say the best place to make a design for humans to see would be in crops and not just on regular earth or grassy spots. The design would last longer and be more noticeable due to the deep demarkation left by the switch from flattened and non-flattened vegetation.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Of course, they could mean an infinite number of things. But what we do know is that there is evidence of mand made circles, and no evidence of alien made ones. And don't tell me that some have different radiation levels and that some have different bending points in the actual crops, because that means nothing. There is absulotely nothing that proves aliens created them. But, if you want to go on faith alone, then by all means go ahead! I can't tell you what to beleive. I just don't like it when people say that there is evidence of aliens creating these things when there aren't. I am an opened minded person and am willing to admit that anything is possible, even the existence of aliens. So, when the aliens make thier presence known and tell us that yes, it was them that did these crop circles then I will b ethe first to admit that you all were right and I was wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join