It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racketeering 101: Bailed Out Banks Threaten Systemic Collapse If Fed Discloses Information

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
In my opinion, this falls under the US Patriot act and demands investigation by the Justice Department and Department of Defense. They are using Non-Political Terrorism to cover criminal behavior and generate fear for coercive purposes.

USA PATRIOT Act: "activities that (A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the U.S. or of any state, that (B) appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion, or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping, and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S."

In the spring of 1975, the Law Enforcement Assistant Administration in the United States formed the National Advisory Committee on Criminal Justice Standards and Goals. One of the five volumes that the committee was entitled Disorders and Terrorism, produced by the Task Force on Disorders and Terrorism under the direction H.H.A. Cooper, Director of the Task Force staff.[42] The Task Force classified terrorism into six categories.
• Civil Disorders – A form of collective violence interfering with the peace, security, and normal functioning of the community.
• Political Terrorism – Violent criminal behaviour designed primarily to generate fear in the community, or substantial segment of it, for political purposes.
Non-Political Terrorism – Terrorism that is not aimed at political purposes but which exhibits “conscious design to create and maintain high degree of fear for coercive purposes, but the end is individual or collective gain rather than the achievement of a political objective.”
• Quasi-Terrorism – The activities incidental to the commission of crimes of violence that are similar in form and method to genuine terrorism but which nevertheless lack its essential ingredient. It is not the main purpose of the quasi-terrorists to induce terror in the immediate victim as in the case of genuine terrorism, but the quasi-terrorist uses the modalities and techniques of the genuine terrorist and produces similar consequences and reaction. For example, the fleeing felon who takes hostages is a quasi-terrorist, whose methods are similar to those of the genuine terrorist but whose purposes are quite different.
• Limited Political Terrorism – Genuine political terrorism is characterized by a revolutionary approach; limited political terrorism refers to “acts of terrorism which are committed for ideological or political motives but which are not part of a concerted campaign to capture control of the State.
• Official or State Terrorism –"referring to nations whose rule is based upon fear and oppression that reach similar to terrorism or such proportions.” It may also be referred to as Structural Terrorism defined broadly as terrorist acts carried out by governments in pursuit of political objectives, often as part of their foreign policy.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

You truely show your colors.

You are part of the problem, not the cure. Go ahead and generalize your attacks, it's what you do.
By making light of a threat before it happens, you are letting it happen. You want these extremist ruling all, I guess you are one.
I will not play.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Tree hugger .com for your back up?

Right.......................you are lost.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000

You truely show your colors.

You are part of the problem, not the cure. Go ahead and generalize your attacks, it's what you do.
By making light of a threat before it happens, you are letting it happen. You want these extremist ruling all, I guess you are one.
I will not play.

LOL. Yeah, all that DOCUMENTATIOn about the Apollo Group. ON the face of it, they are pro Oxygen -- which might make fires burn hotter (oh my!).

The Apollo Group is a spring rain compared to the Tsunami of the Fed and Banksters that we are here discussing... it's only rational to run from the person threatening with a sub machine gun, when the path to safety is being guarded by some kid armed with a spoon.

SOMEONE is definitely going to be ruling us -- they have been. On the right, we have the Big War Profits crowd, the for Profit Health Care and Big Pharma, Big Energy, Big Agra, Big Banking -- free market this and that, which usually consolidates to a few multinationals due to regulations that bar entry but do not protect the public and to government subsidies and to the ending of Monopoly busting. On the Left, we have environmental activists -- who I know some personally and most are poor (we have no secret hand shake and we don't have a different truth in private than in public), and we have Union organizers, who are losing an uphill battle -- we are down to something like 7% unions from 40% when America was its most prosperous (mere coincidence -- right?).

WHERE are the dangerous Liberals? WHAT is their diabolical threat? HOW do they make all this money -- the Carbon Credit company of Al Gore, what has that made so far? Without wealth and power and a track record of death and pollution -- how will they harm me? Where is Al Gore's secret Volcano hideout and death beam the right has been alluding to?

I'm not going to take you seriously. And I don't expect to change your opinion. YOU are part of the problem -- and the fools who followed Glenn Beck were the foot soldiers for George Bush. Obama did not make this financial collapse -- he's the guy with the broom. Go find some other suckers to take the bait.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000

Tree hugger .com for your back up?

Right.......................you are lost.

Treehuggers are disparaged by a million people who pray for Armageddon and worship at the alter of Corporate Rights.

I merely pointed to their comments on Glenn Beck -- because few have bothered to even comment on his rantings.

If you want more -- try to find someone who isn't so damn ignored by rational human beings. I also cannot find an article from the Rolling Stones, Slate magazine, and Vanity Fair. Of course, all the well written screeds I read are Liberal -- maybe I'll muck around with the Washington Post or Wall Street Journal -- nope. I guess even the MSM hasn't picked up Glenn Beck from the end of their ten foot pole.

You could also rebut the comments of TreeHugger -- but that would require making more crap up, wouldn't it?

>> Let's not derail this topic anymore. Bring up your own conspiracy thread about the Apollo Group, and all the Glenn Beck fan club can echo their fears back and forth about Unions, people who like trees, and peace-mongers.

I'm going to refrain from responding to you, mainly because I give you another focus to ignore whatever it is you are running from inside yourself.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
That does it, I'm going to get some empty jars and start stockpiling cash for when the banking systems finally fall so I'll still have money at hand. Of course, it will probably have to be converted into a different currency by that time.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

....reciprocal justice between man and man; and the punishment of a member who should move for such a law ought to be DEATH."

And I know just the means of death for them. Put them in a pit, and bury them in the wealth they love so much- whether it be actual paper and coinage, or even fake currency people have made with appropriate 'messages' on them. Then dump in gasoline, and heat to about 500 degrees.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I vehemently disagree that Obama is the "man with the broom". If he were, he would NOT HAVE VOTED FOR TARP, appointed Tim Geithner as Sec Tres, or accepted the amount of campaign contributions that he did from Goldman Sachs (more in fact than John McCain received from that institution). Given that evidence, I must conclude that BHO is simply a better looking, better spoken, and better tanned version of the leaders we have been saddled with for generations.

Top Contirbutors to Obama

Something must be right with this post because we have both left and right derailing it. I do like Glenn Beck, but mainly as an entertainer. He makes me laugh. I figure that PNAC and the Apollo Alliance are probably two sides of the same totalitarian coin. If you dig deep enough I believe you would find that at the deepest levels the funding sources are the same for each.

If Barak Obama was "the man with the broom", he would have immediately upon taking office turned that lunatic attorney general of his loose on Wall Street (i know he served as counsel for some group or another but that's a dog I could easily see turning on the hand that feeds him).

The banksters need to feel the wrath of anti-trust litigation, RICO charges, and as that one poster said make some good use of the Patriot Act against some real terrorists. The O admin has done nothing of the sort. We have a couple of sacrificial lambs in the hedge fund world (Madoff and Stanford), a settlement by UBS, and nothing else I can really think of in terms of enforcement.

BTW vitriolandangst, I've been an avid reader of the Market-Ticker since July of 07. As a matter of fact I found the link to the article from the OP on the Forums there.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The majority of the people just choose to not see the "Emperor has no clothes."

But wait, will a child speak up and shout "Hey the emperor has no clothes, he is naked."

Is this what is actually takes for people to stop BSing's themselves?

People want to believe their 401k's are safe and any other type of investments. People think they only have one option, because that is the only way they know or have ever known. It's not.

I understand keeping a positive attitude, but just as the OP posted it's hard to keep a smile up when your getting it, in the behind, constantly.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

All your points about Obama -- are true.

You know who I voted for in the Primaries? Dennis Kucinich.

You know who, with the media and the Banksters -- had no chance in hell of getting elected? Dennis Kucinich.

I didn't say that Obama wasn't influenced by Wall Street special interest -- they were going to give the Democrats money because THEY are the ones that were going to win the election.

If you want a survey of someone who couldn't mail an envelope without a lobbyist crony -- that was John McCain.

The Democrats ALWAYS get handed the broom. It's not that they might not be complicit -- they just have to raise the taxes and pay to clean up the party. Then the Republicans after a decade, can come back and scream about the spending, while they cut taxes and run up the credit card.

YOU have a hangover -- it doesn't mean Obama doesn't also get drunk.

>> Nobody who doesn't have their hands in the pockets of Special Interests is going to get to a high rank in Washington -- unless they are already a billionaire and can fund their own election. Over half of Obama's funds were from private citizens, giving $200 a pop.

The next runner up to Obama was Hillary Clinton. I would have sold my house and left the country -- if it was Hillary or McCain as president.

And we had Sarah Palin -- another Dominionist who prays for the end of days as a backstop to corrupt old McCain.

I was only cheering on OBAMA because I was ready to crap my pants over his opposition.

>> Does everybody here have to lose perspective of how corrupt our system is? Obama is the nicest and most decent Mob Boss we could expect. He is Tony Soprano who at least has a heart and some loyalty.

All things being equal, he is the best we could hope for. FDR was also from the Country Club of robber barons and he eventually moved to ally himself with the people. I'm hoping for the same from Obama if they don't do a JFK on him.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Good points, after McCain voted for TARP I ended up voting libertarian though at one time in my life I really hated Bob Barr.

Well, if he is going to side with the people he better hurry up. The system as it stands will collapse. The only question is will those that have repeatedly raped us get away before it does. Right now it looks like they will.

I personally am prepared to deal with the pain of economic collapse if it means my children will not have to pay for the sins of my parents and myself.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Good find, Starred nad flagged.

The administration will go along with this, even though there was a lawsuit which the Feds lost and by which they should be releasing information. Some other members and myself stated the Feds, and those in power will try to stop this some way, either by declaring "it is a National Security issue hence can't be disclose", or some other excuse.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Now for every one of you who are Pi$$ed off..Heres what you do.
If you have ANY holdings in these institutes walt right over there and close your accounts. Find a nice little small local branch bank and make sure they are not owned by a larger holding firm and use that bank. I pulled all of my business accounts and personal from Bank of America I use a small bank ,drive 1 mile further did my part. What are you going to do? Just sit here and be a key stroke warrior? Do something!

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane

Good points, after McCain voted for TARP I ended up voting libertarian though at one time in my life I really hated Bob Barr.

Well, if he is going to side with the people he better hurry up. The system as it stands will collapse. The only question is will those that have repeatedly raped us get away before it does. Right now it looks like they will.

I personally am prepared to deal with the pain of economic collapse if it means my children will not have to pay for the sins of my parents and myself.

>> If it's any consolation, most of the Progressives and Dems I know are nervous about Obama.

Very disappointed by the continuation of the illegal wars and Bush anti-Constitution policies and of course the Patriot Act.

This is mitigated by the fact that we didn't expect to magically get out of this mess or deal with the corruption that permeates Washington with one little vote.

>> Nobody, can explain, however, his covering up and refusing to prosecute the war crimes -- likely, Dick Cheney's private assassination squad that is still active, might have an influence on a few things. But we don't really know.

We just can't join the ranks of the Tea Baggers -- the people who were happy with Bush and are somehow totally freaked out by the same policies with an ethnic Democrat. It's a whole lot of "wait and see."

>> I'm more on the side of "Obama is a decent guy, but owned by the same old crooks" perspective.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Regarding the Fed, Banksters, Congress & all the others complicit in this economic mess....We The People still vastly outnumber them and while venting is cathartic, drastic measures must be employed in order to get them to listen to us.

Please read Larry Flynt's (yes, that Larry Flynt!) letter that was recently posted (I saw it via a link to Huffington) where he calls for action by exercising non-action. He (and many others by the way) are calling for a national "do nothing/buy nothing" day/week.

No buying
Do not go to work

Basically, let's shut everything down for at least a day, or longer if possible.

The idea is to show these crooks that collectively, we have a lot of power. Remember, there is 300+ million of us and if 40-50% (or more if this can gain traction) of us decide to purchase nothing and not go to work, they will have to pay attention. And if they don't, we do it again. And again. Until they get the point and start listening.

If you must buy something on that day (if such a day happens) then make a purchase with a mom & pop, local business...you get the idea. Stock up a little before hand if necessary, using local business if possible and just stay at home with your family....

This is a great non-violent way to exercise the one real power we still have left. The power of non-conformity, non-compliance. Remember, these crooks are trying to get us to go back to our spend-crazy ways in order to "boost the economy". But what they really want is to start the massive flow of dollars back into their coffers.

I for one, am sick of this insane treadmill going nowhere....spend, spend, spend...they get rich, we get broke, and each time we end up with less and less to show for our compliance. Remember, the definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting a different result.

I say, let's have a complete or near complete stoppage of everything in this country and remind these elites who is really in charge! This is something that we have ability to accomplish and it only requires some coordination. I think that folks in this country are angry enough to finally act as one and send a powerful message to those that think they are in charge that they work for us, not the other way around.

Personally, I don't mind a revolution as long as we have exhausted all other means to exact change. This is a start, a step and it's going to be difficult for them to brand us "terrorist" when we are simply doing nothing.

And if they still won't listen, well..."Now soldiers, march away: and how thou pleasest God, dispose the day." - Henry V

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Isn't this cutting off the nose to spite the face? The banks are toast in systemic collapse. Is what is hidden really dangerous enough for self-destruction to keep the secret?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

It is true that it is in my Sig, but at this moment I feel like singing it.

Trillions for banksters, suit wearing gangsters, globalist gluttony, common man's misery, Only at the end, did most see the trend.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

This is just as important as any thread i have seen on ATS! Star and flag this EVERYONE! This has to be put in front of EVERY person that is affected by this threat! These fools think throwing around threats to keep sucking our money out of our pockets is going to fly!?! WE THE PEOPLE need to make a stand! "they" keep assaulting us one attack after another and we have no recourse???? Are we not the ones that give them this power?!? Do we keep talking about these attacks on us like they are going to get away with it!?! We need to create our own think tanks on how to make a real impact on what is being done to us!!! They roll out swine flu and we sit back!!! They steal our money and we sit back!!! They take our children and we sit back!!! They start wars for profit and we sit back!!! They poison our food and water and we sit back!!! They poison our air with chemtrails and we sit back!!! They commit murder on 3000+ on 9/11 and OKC bombing and we sit back!!! They hijack our MSM and we sit back!!! WHEN DO WE STOP SITTING BACK????

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoOkStErX2
Regarding the Fed, Banksters, Congress & all the others complicit in this economic mess....We The People still vastly outnumber them and while venting is cathartic, drastic measures must be employed in order to get them to listen to us.

Please read Larry Flynt's (yes, that Larry Flynt!) letter that was recently posted (I saw it via a link to Huffington) where he calls for action by exercising non-action. He (and many others by the way) are calling for a national "do nothing/buy nothing" day/week.

No buying
Do not go to work

Basically, let's shut everything down for at least a day, or longer if possible.

The idea is to show these crooks that collectively, we have a lot of power. Remember, there is 300+ million of us and if 40-50% (or more if this can gain traction) of us decide to purchase nothing and not go to work, they will have to pay attention. And if they don't, we do it again. And again. Until they get the point and start listening.

If you must buy something on that day (if such a day happens) then make a purchase with a mom & pop, local business...you get the idea. Stock up a little before hand if necessary, using local business if possible and just stay at home with your family....

This is a great non-violent way to exercise the one real power we still have left. The power of non-conformity, non-compliance. Remember, these crooks are trying to get us to go back to our spend-crazy ways in order to "boost the economy". But what they really want is to start the massive flow of dollars back into their coffers.

I for one, am sick of this insane treadmill going nowhere....spend, spend, spend...they get rich, we get broke, and each time we end up with less and less to show for our compliance. Remember, the definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting a different result.

I say, let's have a complete or near complete stoppage of everything in this country and remind these elites who is really in charge! This is something that we have ability to accomplish and it only requires some coordination. I think that folks in this country are angry enough to finally act as one and send a powerful message to those that think they are in charge that they work for us, not the other way around.

Personally, I don't mind a revolution as long as we have exhausted all other means to exact change. This is a start, a step and it's going to be difficult for them to brand us "terrorist" when we are simply doing nothing.

And if they still won't listen, well..."Now soldiers, march away: and how thou pleasest God, dispose the day." - Henry V

I agree civil disobedience is a good idea. We need to be organized for it to work. Do you have a link to this information that you can share? (couldn't find anything on huffington post)

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'll tell everyone right now....I don't give a DAMN about the freakin banks that do nothing but STEAL from us. STEAL.

Who in the hell is making all of this money off of us? We pay interest on things we buy....but NOOOOO...that's not good enough right???

Let's just give them TAXPAYER MONEY while we all LOSE OUR JOBS and STRUGGLE to put food on the DAMN TABLE. They don't give a **** if your child goes hungry. THEY DON"T CARE.

I"VE HAD IT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sick of our GD corrupted government...I'm sick of the banks...I'm sick and tired of corporations destroying any chance the middle class has of surviving!

Why haven't you!!!

WHY!?!?!?!!!!?!?!?!?

NO more damnit. MERCY.

IT'S TIME TO MAKE A STAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join