It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nobel Prize winner and UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Linus Pauling was an American chemist, peace activist, author, and educator. He was one of the most influential chemists in history and ranks among the most important scientists in any field of the 20th century. Pauling was among the first scientists to work in the fields of quantum chemistry, molecular biology, and orthomolecular medicine. He is one of only 4 individuals to have won multiple Nobel Prizes. He is one of only two people to have been awarded a Nobel Prize in two different fields (the Chemistry and Peace prizes), the other being Marie Curie (the Chemistry and Physics prizes), and the only person to have been awarded each of his prizes without sharing it with another recipient.

For a scientist of his achievement to take a serious interest in UFOs and, according to documents, consider a formal study of the subject, it's quite significant.

Here's a more detailed account of Pauling's interest . . .

. . . and the very well thought out agenda he had in mind.

Document continued.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

The population of world is finally awakening.... All I can hope for is to see disclosure during our lifetime....

Thanks for the info S+F

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

Fascinating topic, thanks!

If we could get some serious researchers in the UFO field with his credentials, the field would gain a lot more respect. Well I guess nobody quite has his credentials, they are quite unique, however I would like to see the field attract better researchers.

His game plan looks well thought out as you'd expect for Pauling, though how he expected to get more information on classified military projects is unclear, as that information is intentionally kept secret and there are unpleasant consequences for revealing it. I guess it would take an insider with the necessary secret clearance to evaluate cases of possible secret military project sightings.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Who knows why he never followed through and it's regrettable that he didn't, but looking at that agenda, it's pretty clear it wasn't because he suddenly determined UFOs were all a bunch of nonsense.

He even considers ancient alien visitation and alien seeding of the Earth in 1966! That's a few years before von Daniken's Chariots Of The Gods was published.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by fls13]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

Interesting stuff, thank you for sharing..

Linus Pauling, Cartagena, Colombia, November 1983.

Here are the documents from Paulings' "A Scientific Study Of Unidentified Flying Objects":

Courtesy of: paulingblog.wordpress.com...

It is SO GREAT to have a REAL professional show interest in this VERY real field that is ufology. I have nothing else to provide, as the link you provided should explain it all. Never-the-less, it is people like Linus, Friedman, etc that make strong statements that ufology is NOT a "joke" science or phenomena.

[edit on 8/27/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I'm old enough to remember Pauling when he was still quite active publicly and was strongly advocating people take vitamin supplements, especially vitamin C. He lived until he was 93, so he was certainly on to something. The guy was obviously an active thinker what with that, his peace activism and chemistry work as well as his interest in UFOs.

I hear many people call for more scientific study for UFOs but the calls are vague. Pauling has left a clear game plan and his status in the world of science is analagous to the greatest of sports hall of famers. That simple document is something to rally around.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Wish I could find the actual paper I'm after.
In short it says that, The higher a person is educated, there is more interest in UFO's
Basically that the smarter a person is, the better the chances, that they are open to the idea of life elsewhere.
Same study went with religion too, higher education/ less religon
Makes a person wonder about the public learning system, are they really dubming us down to the point of "not understanding" seems so?

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
Wish I could find the actual paper I'm after.
In short it says that, The higher a person is educated, there is more interest in UFO's
Basically that the smarter a person is, the better the chances, that they are open to the idea of life elsewhere.
Same study went with religion too, higher education/ less religon
Makes a person wonder about the public learning system, are they really dubming us down to the point of "not understanding" seems so?

When I was a little kid, I know I was proud of myself for knowing the planets in our solar system . . . . although I learned it on my own and not from school.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Anthony Bragalia just posted a blog on this subject. It's a great read and he goes into a lot of detail. He was also nice enough to tip his cap to me for tipping him off on this. Thank you, Anthony!

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I haven't had as much time lately to continue my UFO research / software project (which annoys me), but this is a very interesting lead. Thanks FLS!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
We need young scientists to study UFOs.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by max36
We need young scientists to study UFOs.

You're absolutely right, even if they do it on the side as a hobby, every contribution matters.

new topics

top topics

join