It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was NIST Itself Directly Involved In The WTC Destruction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Why did NIST Lead Engineer John Gross LIE?

Apparently NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) had good reason not to test for explosive or thermite residue in the WTC remains. The NIST investigators themselves had an extensive experience in explosives and were required by law to test for explosives in their WTC investigation. But they did not.

NIST lead engineer Forman Williams is an expert on the deflagration of energetic materials and the ignition of porous energetic materials.

Nano-thermites are porous energetic materials.

Williams is also the most prominent engineering expert for Military Industrial Complex contractor Popular Mechanics, the foremost propaganda mouthpiece for the 9-11 perps and a favorite of our own pseudoskeptics and shills.

Science Applications International (SAIC) is the DOD and Homeland Security contractor that supplied the most investigators to the NIST WTC investigation.

SAIC has extensive links to nano-thermites.

Was NIST itself directly involved in the deliberate destruction of the World Trade Center?

SAIC was also the firm that investigated the 1993 WTC bombing.

Is this another classic example of the primary suspect investigating itself, and conveniently covering up its own crimes?

The Top Ten Connections Between NIST and Nano-Thermites

Kevin R. Ryan, 7-02-08

“Was the steel tested for explosives or thermite residues? … NIST did not test for the residue of these compounds in the steel.”

NIST Responses to FAQs, August 2006
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has had considerable difficulty determining a politically correct sequence of events for the unprecedented destruction of three World Trade Center (WTC) buildings on 9/11 (Douglas 2006, Ryan 2006, Gourley 2007). But despite a number of variations in NIST’s story, it never considered explosives or pyrotechnic materials in any of its hypotheses. This omission is at odds with several other striking facts; first, the requirement of the national standard for fire investigation (NFPA 921), which calls for testing related to thermite and other pyrotechnics, and second, the extensive experience NIST investigators have with
explosive and thermite materials

One of the most intriguing aspects of NIST’s diversionary posture has been their total lack of interest in explosive or pyrotechnic features in their explanations. Despite the substantial evidence for the use of explosives at the WTC (Jones 2006, Legge and Szamboti 2007), and the extensive expertise in explosives among NIST investigators (Ryan 2007), explosives were never considered in the NIST WTC investigation. Only after considerable criticism of this fact did NIST deign to add one small disclaimer to their final report on the towers, suggesting they found no evidence for explosives.

source

Perhaps there is good reason for NIST John Gross to lie to us.

SAIC was responsible for evaluating the WTC for terrorism risks in 1986 as well (CRHC 2008). SAIC is also linked to the late 1990s security upgrades at the WTC, the Rudy Giuliani administration, and the anthrax incidents after 9/11, through former employees Jerome Hauer and Steven Hatfill.

source

Jerome Hauer was the guy with Dan Rather live on TV on the morning of 9-11 feeding us the 9-11 OFFICIAL STORY. Hauer and Steven Hatfill were both experts on Anthrax.

SAIC is also directly involved with other primary suspects of the 9-11 crime.

Many NIST employees directly involved in the WTC Investigation are experts in nano-thermite technology.

In any case, it is important for those seeking the truth about 9/11 to consider what organizations and people had access to the technologies that were used to accomplish the deceptive demolition of the WTC buildings. It is also important to recognize the links between those who had access to the technologies, those who had access to the buildings, and those who produced the clearly false official reports.

To that end we should note that NIST had considerable connections to nano-thermites, both before and during the WTC investigation. It is therefore inexplicable why NIST did not consider such materials as an explanation for the fires that burned on 9/11, and long
afterward at Ground Zer
o. This fact would not be inexplicable, of course, if those managing the NIST investigation knew to not look, or test, for such materials.

source

Hratch Semerjian, was promoted to acting director of NIST in November 2004, and took over the WTC investigation until the completion of the report on the towers. Semerjian is closely linked to former NIST employee Michael Zachariah, perhaps the world’s most prominent expert on nano-thermites.

Anybody wonder why our own fabulous ATS duhbunkers deny nano-thermite at the WTC so strongly?

Is this now their Primary Mission?

Why did NIST engineer John Gross feel the need to lie and deny proven WTC molten steel? Yep, the U.S. Department of the Interior | U.S. Geological Survey still has the proof of molten metal under the WTC displayed on their very own website.

Images of the WTC Site Show Thermal Hot Spots on September 16 and 23, 2001

Any of you duhbunkers and pseudoskeptics care to defend the lying of John Gross?

National Security?

Perhaps keeping his neck out of a noose was reason enough for NIST Engineer John Gross to lie.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8fb19afbdf4f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
That's great stuff. I was unaware of the DoD-contracted company supplying investigators to NIST's WTC team, as well as any legal obligations in their research. I already knew they recycled many of the same engineers between the NIST and FEMA teams, though, but not the 1993 investigation team as well.

Yes, they and anyone related to all this should be indicted, investigated and questioned.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
great write up. denial is definitely the core issure because the
truth is so self-evident it becomes this primal reflex for the
wingnut bunch to just say no. I don't blame them for not wanting
to know - it kinda ruins the world for you. But once ya know ya
gotta deal with it. Jerome hauer gets more and more interesting.
wasnt he in WTC 7 with Barry Jennings? You nailed it with that
video I hadn't seen b4, excellent!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Awesome post! I think that ATS should put out a book for all the threads concerning in depth research with 9/11 data that has been brought up by the many investigaters on this site. People's eye's may open a little more. Also, people should watch the video's of Sibel Edmonds that were recently released. Yes they are long, but well worth it. With everything combined, anyone denying a cover up, is either an idiot or are ok with what is occurring in the U.S. Government with the other government's of the world.
Sibel Video Desposition

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted by Asktheanimals
great write up. denial is definitely the core issure because the
truth is so self-evident it becomes this primal reflex for the
wingnut bunch to just say no. I don't blame them for not wanting
to know - it kinda ruins the world for you. But once ya know ya
gotta deal with it. Jerome hauer gets more and more interesting.
wasnt he in WTC 7 with Barry Jennings? You nailed it with that
video I hadn't seen b4, excellent!

Thanks. No. Michael Hess, New York’s corporation counsel, was with Jennings, and he was supposed to meet up with Mayor Giuliani in the OEM on the 23rd floor. But Giuliani had beat feet from his bunker when Flight 11 hit the North Tower, because the WTC7 building with its important intelligence offices and critical stored data was scheduled for destruction. The Mayor's Office of Emergency Management (OEM), opened in 1999, was intended to coordinate responses to various emergencies, including terrorist attacks.

Jerome Hauer was with Dan Rather presenting the world with the 9-11 OFFICIAL STORY. Also allegedly inside one of the WTC towers was former FBI Special Agent John O'Neill whom Jerome Hauer had just hired as security chief for the WTC. O'Neill was allegedly killed and his body found on September 12 in the rubble. That seems bloody unlikely. So whoever killed him probably had his body stored somewhere.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I believe NIST did participate in the demise of the WTC and probably with the help of a small group in our military who are experts in demolitions. One only needs to read the NIST report to see they did everything possible to avoid talking about explosions, or demolition. We all know now, that some of the top leading experts in Nano Thermite and Nano Thermate work for NIST. Who else would do a better job of covering up Thermite being found in the WTC dust? NIST is avoiding the critical issues of not answering critical questions and out right lying about there were no explosions at the WTC. This proves to me they were complicit in the WTC destruction. NIST Lead Engineer John Gross looks like a fool telling his lies and his smug looks on his faces says it all.
The people who wrote the NIST reports are traitors to the American people and to the United States and they should be held accountable for their actions. However, we will never see that day will we?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Very good thread: I don't know if it was direct involvement, but there is enough there to wonder about their connections with nano-thermite and the like. It seems to me they were hired for this very purpose. They knew what *not* to look for. They knew what to *hide*

www.911blogger.com...

SPreston, On a related issue : If you get a chance check out the above and Turner Construction. 9/11 blogger dug into that and came up with some things that are cause for concern.

Also interesting, is that the Work Turner Did, on those floors, happened to be or near to the floors where "failure" was supposed to have happened and near where the planes themselves struck.

I believe Kevin Ryan's article on the 10 Top Connections and NIST mentions such.

Notice how NIST never probes Turner Like they should have had it been a serious investigation. I mean, if Turner had done similar work on other buildings it might lead to their failure in case of fire, yet this is never really looked at with any real vigor or energy by NIST.

It could be that their connections with the materials in question, lead them down a path ---away from the materials.---- I tend to think it was intentional.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by talisman]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I tried to Search via the on board search function for my past posts about SAIC, but they did not turn up via this search, when only searching for the keyword SIAC. But when searching with two keywords ( LaBTop SAIC ) it turned suddenly 2 identical threads up by Jack Tripper, aka Lite Trip, now known as CIT's Craig Ranke, where I did repost huge portions of my former posts about SAIC and ONI (the Naval Intelligence Office wiped out by the Pentagon attack.)

The strange thing about that second post, it did not return the original thread where I posted all that info in 2005, even when I use only " LaBTop" as the search term.
And this is not that thread, as I thought first:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I get the feeling already for a long time, that Google has some filtering mechanism in place (specifically at this board even?) which prevents finding some of the most interesting posts from our most busy 9/11 researchers.
It seems it does not search well in the former CIT own forum here.

These are the two pages I found at last :

But the original thread, one of my first posts in threads at this ATS 9/11 forum did not turn up, and I am damn sure that was the first time I mentioned SAIC in there and admiral Bobby Ray Inman, which should be investigated together with a lot of other SAIC members for their participation in numerous famous historic disasters.

Btw, it is worth your time to read those two pages and find a few forgotten things about 9/11. The red text is interesting, where a guy describes the attack plane's trajectory.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The Top Ten Connections Between

NIST and Nano-Thermites
These inexplicable fires are a reminder that the WTC buildings were not simply demolished, but were demolished in a deceptive way. That is, the buildings were brought down so as to make it look like the impact of the planes and the resulting fires might have caused their unprecedented, symmetrical destruction. Therefore, shaped charges and other typical explosive configurations were likely used, but there was more to it than that. Those committing the crimes needed to create fire where it would not have existed otherwise, and draw attention toward the part of the buildings where the planes impacted (or in the case of WTC 7, away from the building altogether).
This was most probably accomplished through the use of nano-thermites, which are high-tech energetic materials made by mixing ultra fine grain (UFG) aluminum and UFG metal oxides; usually iron oxide, molybdenum oxide or copper oxide, although other compounds can be used (Prakash 2005, Rai 2005). The mixing is accomplished by adding these reactants to a liquid solution where they form what are called “sols”, and then adding a gelling agent that captures these tiny reactive combinations in their intimately mixed state (LLNL 2000). The resulting “sol-gel” is then dried to form a porous reactive material that can be ignited in a number of ways.
The high surface area of the reactants within energetic sol-gels allows for the far higher rate of energy release than is seen in “macro” thermite mixtures, making nano-thermites “high explosives” as well as pyrotechnic materials (Tillitson et al 1999). Sol-gel nano-thermites, are often called energetic nanocomposites, metastable intermolecular composites (MICs) or superthermite (COEM 2004, Son et al 2007), and silica is often used to create the porous, structural framework (Clapsaddle et al 2004, Zhao et al 2004). Nano-thermites have also been made with RDX (Pivkina et al 2004), and with thermoplastic elastomers (Diaz et al 2003). But it is important to remember that, despite the name, nano-thermites pack a much bigger punch than typical thermite materials.
Here are the top ten reasons why nano-thermites, and nano-thermite coatings, should have come to mind quickly for the NIST WTC investigators.
1. NIST was working with LLNL to test and characterize these sol-gel nano-thermites, at least as early as 1999 (Tillitson et al 1999).

2. Forman Williams, the lead engineer on NIST’s advisory committee, and the most prominent engineering expert for Popular Mechanics, is an expert on the deflagration of energetic materials and the “ignition of porous energetic materials” (Margolis and Williams 1996, Telengator et al 1998, Margolis and Williams 1999). Nano-thermites are porous energetic materials. Additionally, Williams’ research partner, Stephen Margolis, has presented at conferences where nano-energetics are the focus (Gordon 1999). Some of Williams’ other colleagues at the University of California San Diego, like David J. Benson, are also experts on nano-thermite materials (Choi et al 2005, Jordan et al 2007).

3. Science Applications International (SAIC) is the DOD and Homeland Security contractor that supplied the largest contingent of non-governmental investigators to the NIST WTC investigation. SAIC has extensive links to nano-thermites, developing and judging nano-thermite research proposals for the military and other military contractors, and developing and formulating nano-thermites directly (Army 2008, DOD 2007). SAIC’s subsidiary Applied Ordnance Technology has done research on the ignition of nanothermites with lasers (Howard et al 2005).
In an interesting coincidence, SAIC was the firm that investigated the 1993 WTC bombing, boasting that -- “After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, our blast analyses produced tangible results that helped identify those responsible (SAIC 2004).” And the coincidences with this company don’t stop there, as SAIC was responsible for evaluating the WTC for terrorism risks in 1986 as well (CRHC 2008). SAIC is also linked to the late 1990s security upgrades at the WTC, the Rudy Giuliani administration, and the anthrax incidents after 9/11, through former employees Jerome Hauer and Steven Hatfill.

4. Arden Bement, the metallurgist and expert on fuels and materials who was nominated as director of NIST by President George W. Bush in October 2001, was former deputy secretary of defense, former director of DARPA’s office of materials science, and former executive at TRW.
Of course, DOD and DARPA are both leaders in the production and use of nano-thermites (Amptiac 2002, DOD 2005). And military and aerospace contractor TRW has had a long collaboration with NASA laboratories in the development of energetic materials that are components of advanced propellants, like nano-gelled explosive materials (NASA 2001). TRW Aeronautics also made fireproof composites and high performance elastomer formulations, and worked with NASA to make energetic aerogels.
Additionally, Bement was a professor at Purdue and MIT. Purdue has a thriving program for nano-thermites (Son 2008). And interestingly, at MIT’s Institute for Soldier Nanotechnology, we find Martin Z. Bazant, son of notable “conspiracy debunker” Zdenek P. Bazant (MIT 2008), who does research on granular flows, and the electrochemical interactions of silicon. Zdenek P. Bazant is interested in nanocomposites as well (Northwestern 2008), and how they relate to naval warfare (ONR 2008). MIT was represented at nano-energetics conferences as early as 1998 (Gordon 1998).
Bement was also a director at both Battelle and the Lord Corporation. Battelle (where the anthrax was made) is an organization of “experts in fundamental technologies from the five National Laboratories we manage or co-manage for the US DOE.” Battelle advertises their specialization in nanocomposite coatings (Battelle 2008). The Lord Corporation also makes high-tech coatings for military applications (Lord 2008). In 1999, Lord Corp was working with the Army and NASA on “advanced polymer composites, advanced metals, and multifunctional materials” (Army 1999).

5. Hratch Semerjian, long-time director of NIST’s chemical division, was promoted to acting director of NIST in November 2004, and took over the WTC investigation until the completion of the report on the towers. Semerjian is closely linked to former NIST employee Michael Zachariah, perhaps the world’s most prominent expert on nano-thermites (Zachariah 2008). In fact, Semerjian and Zachariah co-authored ten papers that focus on nano-particles made of silica, ceramics and refractory particles. Zachariah was a major player in the Defense University Research Initiative on Nanotechnology (DURINT), a groundbreaking research effort for nano-thermites.
6. NIST has a long-standing partnership with NASA for the development of new nano-thermites and other nano-technological materials. In fact, Michael Zachariah coordinates this partnership (CNMM 2008).

7. In 2003, two years before the NIST WTC report was issued, the University of Maryland College Park (UMCP) and NIST signed a memorandum of understanding to develop nano-technologies like nano-thermites (NIST 2003). Together, NIST and UMCP have done much work on nano-thermites (NM2 2008).

8. NIST has their own Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology (CNST 2008). Additionally, NIST’s Reactive Flows Group did research on nanostructured materials and high temperature reactions in the mid-nineties (NRFG 1996).

911review.com...

[edit on 28-8-2009 by impressme]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

9. Richard Gann, who did the final editing of the NIST WTC report, managed a project called “Next-Generation Fire Suppression Technology Program”, both before and after 9/11. Andrzej Miziolek, another of the world’s leading experts on nano-thermites (Amptiac 2002), is the author of “Defense Applications of Nanomaterials”, and also worked on Richard Gann’s fire suppression project (Gann 2002). Gann’s project was sponsored by DOD’s Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program (SERDP), an organization that sponsored a number of LLNL’s nano-thermite projects (Simpson 2002, Gash et al 2003).

10. As part of the Federal Laboratory Consortium for Technology Transfer, NIST partners with the Naval Surface Warfare Center at Indian Head (NSWC-IH) on Chemical Science and Technology (FLCTT 2008). NSWC-IH is probably the most prominent US center for nano-thermite technology (NSWC 2008). In 1999, Jan Puszynski, a scientist working for the DURINT program, helped NSWC-IH design a pilot plant to produce nano-size aluminum powder. It was reported that “At that time, this was [the] only reliable source of aluminum nanopowders in the United States” (SDSMT 2001), however, private companies like Argonide and Technanogy were also known to have such capabilities.
Among an interesting group of contractors that NSWC-IH hired in 1999 were SAIC, Applied Ordnance, Battelle, Booz Allen Hamilton, Mantech, Titan, Pacific Scientific Energetic (see below), and R Stresau Laboratories for “demolition materials” (NSWC 2000).
A tragic coincidence left William Caswell, an employee of NSWC-IH, dead on the plane said to have hit the Pentagon (Flight 77). He had for many years worked on “deep-black” projects at NSWC-IH (Leaf 2007).

911review.com...

Here is the proof that NIST knew how to go about covering up the crime of the century.
This is not my assumptions; this is good researched material anyone can cross reference and dig you will find this is all true. As I said in my earlier post, the people who wrote and compiled the NIST reports need to be investigated for treason. NIST helped the criminals by canceling the truth and deceiving the American people. What angers me the most is we all just sit here and see the truth staring us in the face, and there is NOTHING we can do! NOTHING! They got away with it and they were paid millions of dollars by your tax dollars to write a report of lies and they laugh all the way to the bank. Do not DARE question NIST on demolition, or nano-thermites, or Thermate because, YOU will be considered a terrorist.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by UFORacer56

thanks uforacer! I'm listening now. The woman introduces sibel edmonds as sible edwards, lol. ya, good idea about the 9/11 research, it would be great to see a thread of all the parts together.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

posted by bsbray11

That's great stuff. I was unaware of the DoD-contracted company supplying investigators to NIST's WTC team, as well as any legal obligations in their research. I already knew they recycled many of the same engineers between the NIST and FEMA teams, though, but not the 1993 investigation team as well.

Yes, they and anyone related to all this should be indicted, investigated and questioned.

Do any of you duhbunkers and pseudoskeptics out here in ATS Land believe that NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) and SAIC (Science Applications International) should NOT be investigated for collusion and involvement in the obvious demolition of the WTC Towers?

It was blatantly obvious to those with eyes wide-open, even media journalists on the day of 9-11. So why did NIST disobey the law? Who forced the media journalists to change what they reported on 9-11? Why would you duhbunkers and pseudoskeptics be in favor of that?

Explosives Hurling Multi-Ton Steel 600 Ft Onto Other Buildings

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5b62bca8b49.jpg[/atsimg]

Many of these world's foremost experts on nano-thermite technology and explosives at NIST, should have immediately initiated an investigation into the liklihood of explosive use on the towers, as US law required them to do, since millions of people worldwide recognized demolition on the very day of 9-11, including many media journalists live on TV and many NYFD firemen and many NYPD policemen and many WTC 1st responders.

Why were the WTC 1st responder 503 testimonies and 19,000 pages of eyewitness statements of explosions and demolition of the Towers denied by the 9-11 Whitewash Commission and ignored?

Demolition Explosives 7-10 Floors Ahead Of The Collapse Wave

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b817965410cc.jpg[/atsimg]

Science Applications International (SAIC) is the DOD and Homeland Security contractor that supplied the most investigators to the NIST WTC investigation.

SAIC has extensive links to nano-thermites. SAIC was also the firm that investigated the 1993 WTC bombing. SAIC was also responsible for evaluating the WTC for terrorism risks in 1986, linked to the late 1990s security upgrades at the WTC, linked closely with the Rudy Giuliani administration, and linked to the anthrax incidents after 9/11 through former employees and anthrax experts Jerome Hauer and Steven Hatfill. Why is this obvious collusion not investigated and prosecuted?

Was NIST itself directly involved in the deliberate destruction of the World Trade Center?

Top-Down Explosive Demolition And The After-Effects

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/12aad2082430.jpg[/atsimg]

Are any of you duhbunkers and pseudoskeptics out here in ATS Land calling for indictments and arrests of the NIST and SAIC Co-Conspirators? They do work for the American people and shouldn't they be honest and work for justice for us? Why should we have to sit back and take it? Why do you duhbunkers defend them?

Why Did John Gross Lie And Why Do You Duhbunkers Allow It?

[edit on 8/29/09 by SPreston]

top topics

join