It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd-looking Military Aircraft in the Alaskan Wilderness

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Just like RAF Spadeadam in Cumbria.The largest RAF base in the UK with an airfield with aircraft parked in dispersals and I think there's even been one waiting at the end of the runway to take off for the last 20 years or so (it might be a Mig of some type?).But as far as I'm aware this airfield has never seen any actual take offs or landings by fixed wing aircraft.

Edit...........found some photos.........

edit on 15-12-2013 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagewerx

Those jets look a lot like Electric Lightnings, from 1950 - 1960.

The airstrip looks like it's seen better days too.

Wonder why those old jets are still there and not in a museum somewhere...target practice maybe?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Actually not Migs or Lightnings but Dassault Mystere 4s.The Russians were invited to the party though as there are a few Su-22s there as well.

It was primarily a missile test site,including the famous Blue Streak missiles and is only a stones throw away from the Solway Firth and the site of the even more famous Templeton family photos.

The purpose of the fake airfield and decoys was a practice target for NATO combat air crews.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

I was told that those are old F-4's from the Ak A.N.G. They are no longer used and it has been way cheaper just to let them sit. It is Alaska after all. Lots of space for the U.S. Gov. to waste.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I was doing some research for an upcoming job and ran across this on bing maps. They have updated the image. The site now has what looks like a full air defense system. There are also what looks like a couple of white vans working on a couple of the off alert planes and I think a "new" control tower. The tower is decorated to not look like a modern control tower but the shadows make it look like its taller than the trees.

Alert craft: 64.040677, -146.370839

air defense installation: 46.011370, -146.204070

New tower: 64.032814, -146.387554

landing pad @ container farm?: 63.980754, -146.357347

containers stacked to hide something: 64.022492, -146.254293

Portable coms tower for 2way radios: 64.021227, -146.253280

Portable coms tower for 2way radios: 64.047990, -146.322961
they are forming a mesh network.

As you look around toggle between the aerial view and birds eye view. The different images show even more improvements.

Got to love our government.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

zorgon
So call up the base and ask for Air Force Photographer Laura and see if you can get the pictures

You have to wonder about her quickly jumping into the fray.
Frankly, I don't believe her story. Which is not to say that something really big is going on there merely something they don't want to discuss and quickly worked to squelch.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I did some more looking around and again on bing maps I found what looks like three openings for underground complex entrances.

tunnel entrances 64.001133, -146.415466

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mcwes3

These targets lie on the edge of the Oklahoma Impact Area.
JPARC

JPARC Proposals.

edit on 15-4-2014 by ajsr71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Is this Blair Lakes Bombing Range reply to: ajsr71

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
NO Blair Lakes is up to the North West of Sullivan Airstrip.a reply to: jkeen579

If these aircraft and the airfield is so secret why go to the effort of trying to conceal
things then paint the top of the Hangars(?) White.

I did email the JPARC
and this was the reply Mr. Johnson,

Thanks for your inquiry. The targets are made out of basic building materials that replicate generic aircraft on a simulated airfield that is used for training. Attached is a photo.

Alaskan Command Public Affairs

edit on 30-4-2015 by ajsr71 because: new picture

posted on May, 1 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Dummy aircraft, buildings, structures made from shipping containers, for training purposes.
Almost identical to numerous site at the NTTR.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I know this is an old topic, forgive me, I joined just to post on this. Read the whole thread and had a couple things I thought I might add... to this long dead topic. sorry again.

1. Mystery plane with blue stripe seen at the Anchorage airport is a Shared Services plane leased by oil companies that operate on the north slope. It is used to take slope workers to and from work. They also have their own gate if I remember correctly.

2. Tundra was mentioned as a reason planes would not be able to sit on the ground in the summer. While that is true the site is also right next to a river, many rivers are surrounded by gravel bars that can extend quite far even if covered by a few feet of sloppy soil. When you get farther away from the river that gravel gives way to the tundra which is a significant barrier to unwanted travel. I'm currently sitting 30 miles away from a road (in a town built next to a river) and I wont be able to access that road until the ground freezes and a winter trail is built.

3. Improved surfaces that don't look like improved surfaces do exist. Being on a gravel deposit left by a river we have a lot of fine dust on the roads. A couple of years ago I looked into dust control, I found that there were a number of binders that would basically glue the top of a loose surface together. Looked into this a little further and found a list of various products, 2 of those were listed as being tested on Fairbanks military bases. I have seen examples of a similar product in use and it sets up amazingly hard.

Anyway there are my 3 cents! I'm always looking for things of this nature to occupy my time at work and really appreciate finding a place where people can have totally different views on a topic and treat each other with some respect wile looking for facts on interesting topics. I might stick around...

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AKrocket

Interesting points!

Actually, most of Alaska's bedrock (at least in the interior) is Schist but it is very deformed and inconsistent. Over the last few million years, glacial activity and erosion have covered most of the bedrock with gravel of varying sizes going down hundreds of feet in places - interbedded occasionally with clay formed by deposition of ancient silt (from glacier runout).

So in most low lying areas gravel is going to be present, for sure.

I can tell you that after all this time I'm no closer to understanding what these are - aside from some kind of fake or inflatable planes. The dimensions don't match anything we know of that has come public in recent years either.

The image does still remain in google earth as the most recent imagery from the site.

My hope was that at some point more recent or even higher resolution imagery would come out that would end the debate but it hasn't that I know of.

If they really are some kind of fake planes, why there?

It is not an active impact zone used for bombing or artillery like some of the surrounding areas clearly are.
There is no other infrastructure nearby or justifiable purpose to construct said "models" in the middle of nowhere.

Also, I now have current maps of the entire range complex and surrounding areas.

The airstrip in question is not part of any of the surrounding impact areas on the entire training site.

The only other logical explanation is that they are actual aircraft or drones of some kind.
If that's true, they are definitely unique as their size doesn't match anything we know of publicly - and that still remains true today.

As far as my posts about being followed and "tailed" by white trucks...

That really did happen and it was terrifying.
After 2 or 3 incidents with the same white GMC truck following me home off the military base, All of that ended and hasn't happened since (amen to that). The encounters were extremely bizarro. In one instance the guy sat there in his truck and filmed me going in to a liquor store acting like I couldn't see him.

That was the same person that I tried to lose one time as he was basically on my tailgate following me home at night from the Army base - super strange guys...

The hacking incident that occurred on my old computer DID happen as well and I still have the logs to this day.
I was hacked in the middle of the day on a Sunday.

Whoever was hacking me, used some kind of internet explorer add-on to navigate directly to my research folder about this thread. The person then opened 3 or 4 of the images I had been working on. That's when the mouse stopped moving on its own.

And this all occurred through an active firewall/security suite guys.
I was using AVG Antivirus at the time so I contact them and they told me that there was nothing they could do.

For posterity, I saved all the logs for future reference. They remain locked away and encrypted.
(Not that they would likely lead to any useful information).

Whoever hacked me did it in broad daylight while I was home because they wanted to scare me.

Cheers!

-ChriS

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
try use bitdefender and malware bytes. Or any other good type of anti-virus.

AVG sucks as an antivirus.

posted on Jan, 20 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: unsteadystate
reply to post by BlasteR

I was told that those are old F-4's from the Ak A.N.G. They are no longer used and it has been way cheaper just to let them sit. It is Alaska after all. Lots of space for the U.S. Gov. to waste.

That is very interesting.

I did some research on this and the USAF did fly F-4's at some point in the late 70's up until 1982 or so - apparently out of Elmendorf AFB and Eielson AFB.

So I guess they could be just "parked" there but this is definitely not normal from what I've been told. Most Air Force jets are decommissioned at a place called the Boneyard in Arizona.

From my recollection, records showed this landing strip as "active" as well for training purposes.
So the question would be why would there be F-4's parked all the way around an active airstrip? That seems pretty odd.

A simple comparison on dimensions would go as follows...

F-4 phantom dimensions (approximate)
Length (Nose to tail): 58'-3"
wingspan: 38'-5"

google earth tells us these aircraft are (approximate)
Length (Nose to tail): 37'-4"
wingspan: 28'-0"

Those dimensions are definitely too off to correspond - even factoring in a 3 or 4 foot margin of error.

Also, the aircraft parked on that airstrip have twin vertical stabilizers that are vertical/canted at an angle - not like the F-4's.

-ChriS

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join