It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Errors in Christianity/Christians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cjm273
Thw word atheism really means "against God", if you don't believe in God why do you call yourself an atheist.

'Atheism
1Disbelief in or denial of the existence of God or gods.
The doctrine that there is no God or gods.
2Godlessness; immorality.'
[fundy preference
]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[French athéisme, from athée, atheist, from Greek atheos, godless : a-, without; see a-1 + theos, god; see dhs- in Indo-European Roots.]

'Atheist
One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.'

Nope.. can't see any words in this definition that say 'one who opposes or is against god'. :shk:

Try this in future to see what words really mean.
dictionary.reference.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
but it doesn't sound like you're interested in hearing answers my friend. You pose very little in the way of questions except rhetorically. BCoffy, if I misunderstood your beliefs and told you that you were wrong because:

Error 1 - Inaccurate interpretation yadda yadda

Error 2 - Oversimplified example skewing the facts blah blah blah

Error 3 - Close minded comparison to my perceptions yakkity yak

Then what kind of response could I expect?

Put down the verbal gun, ask your question with an open heart and use those ears. You may be surprised that the answers you do get.

Oh, since it doesn't look like it has been addressed yet, Matthew 27:46 included Jesus saying "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" which is a Psalm. Jesus was sing Psalm 22:1 (a song of David about hope, trust and faith if anyone takes the time to read it past this first line), which had significant meaning to the people there. One person said, "He's calling Elijah." Ding! Bingo, he's doing God's work. They then got a sponge, put it on a stick and gave him something to drink.

Deny Ignorace.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
A religion based on previous religions can NOT hold itself as the one true religion.

Yes, that quote I provided does show one of the many errors in the Bible. Hey, I'm not saying it's not a good book (no pun intended), but I am saying that it is not the Word of God. Wow, that was a lot of negatives. Oh well.

There are many errors in the Bible. There's a prophet who said that the Nile was supposed to dry up. Sorry, but I don't think the biggest river in the world is going to dry up.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Over a millenium of Catholic dogma has hurt all religions, I do admire how this Pope has apoligized for the sins of the church among other things.

The biggest problem I see in some Christians is their closed mindedness, they just seem unable to see the big picture and get stuck on meaningless ideals.

The big question to me is who was Jesus?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join