It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Errors in Christianity/Christians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
First I'd like to apologize to the administrator who deleted my previous posts regarding this topic. I violated the TOS.

The topic was about a member on this board who attempts to bring down islam and other religions in every way he can, claims he follows christ's teachings, starts every sentence with a lowercase letter, and has a obsessive compulsion of using parentheses around every other word for no reason. You know who you are.

I apologize to the administrator for my previous topics, they did violate the TOS, and it won't happen again.

That being said.. let me begin.

Christians believe in one God in 3 forms, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost/Spirit. "The Trinity".

They believe all 3 forms are *equal*.

Error:
They cannot be equal, and the why is very simple. God, the Father, created Jesus, the son. This automatically shows one being more powerful than the other. In other words, not equal. Where was the "Trinity" before Jesus was born? There was no son, there was the Father, and the Holy Ghost. What is it then? A "twoinity"? The holy ghost is something they say we all have inside of us. It is equal to God? Sick.

They believe Jesus Christ is God in human form.

Error:
Wrong. Jesus couldn't answer the question of Judgment Day. His answer was "The only one who knows about the last day on earth, is my father, in heaven.". This once again shows christians that Jesus is not equal to God. Yet when you ask a christian what he believes in, 99.9% of the time, the answer will be, "I believe in Jesus Christ.". This is disrespect towards God.

They believe God is omnipotent (all powerful) and that Jesus Christ died for our sins.

Error:
They contradict themselves. Please lookup "omnipotence.". God being all powerful, he does not need to sacrifice/inflict pain upon his only son to rid humanity (his own creation), of sin. This is a huge contradiction. Even the bible says that when Jesus was on the cross, he looked up and said "Oh my God, why have you forsaken me?". They say he knew exactly what his purpose was, but that question alone is yet another contradiction.

They believe because Jesus died for your sins, if you're really sorry about a sin you committed, *Jesus* (not God once again), will forgive you, because he loves humanity.

Error:
I go out and murder my neighbor's child. Then later I sit down and think about what I've done, I become really sorry for the sin I commited, and *Jesus* forgives me, because he really loves humanity. Hold up! He forgives me but forsakes the parent who's child I've just slaughtered. Another contradiction.

They believe that Jesus is the son of God and God at the same time.

Error:
God always existed, Jesus didn't. Jesus was born through the virgin Mary. Another contradiction. Yet every christian will say "JESUS CHRIST IS YOUR ONLY WAY TO PARADISE." instead of saying God. So much for respect.

They believe they follow christ's teachings.

Error:
Judging others, bashing other religions (cough cough, you know who you are), masturbation, eating pork (yes, its forbidden, read the bible from the beginning to the end, its there, yes the BIBLE), and tons of others. 90% are sinners. But wait, Jesus died for our sins, so we will be forgiven.

Last but not least, there are those who believe that Christianity is the purest religion that exists in this world, and that Islam is the ultimate evil. Those who get every piece of information about Islam from anti-islamic sites (yes you know who you are). Thou shalt not lie.

Maybe sooner or later they will realise that they live in a christian country that has more blood on their hands than any other.

May God bless..

oops, I meant to say Jesus Christ.

PS: I will not post on this board again. Religious discussions do not solve anything. The only thing I'll say to atheists, is that if God could be proven scientifically, there wouldn't be much of a point in life, whatever you think it's purpose is. Have fun, kids.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a couple of things i need to ask.

I dont hate anybody nor anybody in other religions.

1. do you believe in just the OT or the NT?

2. if just the OT how much of the OT?

answer this and ill try and respond to what youve written.

btw, i do not think all christians are good, infact we have many evil people claiming to be christian as christ promised.

peace.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I don't know man...masturbation is less sinful than sex, and we NEED sex

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   
just in case you are a muslim...

���� Dear Muslim, I do not post these questions as a "proof" that Islam is false.� I do not believe that is possible with a simple list of questions.� Nevertheless, they are here to encourage discussion that the truth may be known .
The Qur'an states that you shall marry only up to four women:� "If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with orphans, marry women of your choice, two, or threee, or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or that which your right hands possess..." (4:3).
If the Qur'an is eternal, having been written on the table in heaven, then the four wife limit was an eternal decree.�
Question :� Why did Muhammad have 12 wives if the Qur'an says to have only four?� Khadija, sawda, Aesah (8 years old), Omm Salama, Hafsa, Zaynab (originally the wife of Muhammad's adopted son), Jowayriya, Omm Habiba, Safiya, Maymuna, Fatima, Hend, Asma (of Saba), Zaynab, Habla, Asma?
The Qur'an says that Allah created the heavens and earth in six days.� "Your Guardian Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and the earth in six days..." (7:54)�See also, 10:3.
41:9 - "Say:� Is it that ye deny him who created the earth in two days..."
Question :� Which should we believe, the Bible or the Qur'an?� The Bible says God created the earth in one day, the xth day (xxx).
41:10 - "He set on the (earth), mountains standing firm, high above it, and bestowed blessings on the earth, and measured therein its sustenance in four days..."
Question :� Does 41:10 included the 2 days of 41:9 above?� If so, why does 41:9 say God created the earth in two days, but 41:10 says that God measured its sustenance in four days?� They are different occurrences.
41:11 - "Then he turned to the sky, and it had been (as) smoke:� he said to it and to the earth:�'Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly..."
41:12 - "So he completed them as seven firmaments in two days, and he assigned to heaven its duty and command..."
Question :� the two days of 41:9 plus the four days of 41:10 and the 2 days of 41:12 equals eight days of creation, not six.� Why is that?
It is a commonly held belief among Muslims that Muhammad was sinless.��
If Muhammad was sinless, then why does the Qur'an state:� "Patiently, then, persevere:� for the promise of Allah is true:� and ask forgiveness for thy fault, and celebrate the praises of they Lord in the evening and the morning." (40:55).
Pickthall translates 40:55 thus:� "Then have patience (O Muhammad). Lo! the promise of Allah is true. And ask forgiveness of thy sin, and hymn the praise of thy Lord at fall of night and in the early hours." The Hadith says, " I heard Allah's Apostle saying." By Allah! I ask for forgiveness from Allah and turn to Him in repentance more than seventy times a day."�
Question :� If it is the common belief that Muhammad was sinless, was do the Qur'an and Hadith contradict that notion?� Which is correct?
The Qur'an says to have no divisions within Islam.� "The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah - the [sic] which we have sent by inspiration to thee - and that which we enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus:� namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion and make no divisions therein:� to those who worship other things than Allah, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them..." (42:13).
Question :� If Islam is the truth, which of the divisions within it is the "most" true?
Question :� Is Islam in a state of sin since there are divisions within its ranks?
The Qur'an says, "And dispute ye not with the People of the Book [Jews and Christians and the Bible], except in the best way, unless it be with those of them who do wrong but say, "We believe in the� revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you," (29:46).
Question :�Isn't the Qur'an here saying that the Muslim is to believe what the Bible says?

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 03:35 AM
link   
It's my understanding that the concept of the Holy Trinity did not even exist until the council of Nicea, in 325 A.D. That would demonstrate that it is a fabrication of the Roman Catholic Church, in it's efforts to twist Scripture and re-write history to suit it's own needs.

Food for Thought,
Deep

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The only thing I'll say to atheists, is that if God could be proven scientifically, there wouldn't be much of a point in life
Why does life have to have a point?!?? We lucked out (or maybe we didn't) when the human brain evolved to where we can ponder those "What is the meaning of life" questions - but our ability to pose those questions is not proof that there are answers to be had.

Man's vanity is to blame for the creation of organized religion, and it is inexplicably, invariably, used to justify the existence of some god or another. Doesn't that seem just a bit juvenile and narcissistic?

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
ermsss
as for me the answer is better we wait for jesus
to show up and solve this matter. so this is the best way,and let us see who will fight the rider of the white horse and who is not. because in revelation do say that most of the king of the earth will fight the rider.then we will see who is the tyrant

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Bostok, athiesm is for stupid fools who take nothing more than a biology class for their "required science".

The universe is a designed, and organized machine, that can not have been made by accident.

Athiests are stupid in the following ways...

They think there's nothing after you die.

They think time is a man-made conception.

They think that the universe could simply have just "Poofed" into existance.

They think that they are smart, because they have a brain.

Well a little insite, is intelligence comes from more than your brain. What distinguishes our brain from a grain of sand?

Or let us say rather, a dead brain from a live one, we can hook a dead brain up to a battery, and pump energy through it, sparking chemistyr, does that mean it is intelligent? Or alive?

No, because we are "infinite" beings, we are seperate from the finite universe, our minds and bodies are prisons, be we can think BECAUSE we are individual things...particles...not because we simply have a mind, that merely limits our perception.

There is no place in the brain that says "Why is an apple red?"

No, there is no such place in the brain, that question comes from something much deeper, athiests, don't realize this...because they take a stupid simple Bio 101 class, and think "Well $hit so that's a brain, well I guess we don't need a soul then to think durr hur hur"

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 04:20 AM
link   
oh my i actually agree with you freemason! wow! is this okay?

lol

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Beef gets banned for calling someone a moron, FM doesn't yet calls millions stupid because they don't agree with him.

Also, the universe was made by the big bang. It wasn't created by some invisible unproven being. And biology isn't all you need for science, you also need physical science and chemistry. Science proves many things.

And FM, can you prove there is something after you die? No.

Can you prove that time isn't man made? It is, for before there was no hour, we made up the hour, the minute, the second. Days are made by the turning of the planet, and years are made by the revolution around the sun. No weeks, months, hours, minutes, seconds made that way. Those are man made.

The universe didn't poof into existence, the big bang created it. Before it was compact into a highly dense ball that exploded. This also explains why the universe is expanding.

And can you prove they aren't smart? Can you prove you are smart because you have a brain? What makes you smart? I.Q? No, someone with 150 IQ in history could have a 80 IQ in math. So IQ isn't what makes you smart. Maybe looking for answers, and questioning those answers is what makes you smart. Maybe wanting proof before they believe it is smart. Maybe not following like a mindless sheep is smart.

What distingushes our brain from a grain of sand? Sand doesn't think, sand isn't living tissue, sand is a type of rock ground down into a fine piece.(sometimes shells, other hard things, but usually rock) Even an athiest knows that.

And Bcoffy, we all know who you mean. But better watch out, he'll sick the voice in his head on you!(he thinks god talks to him)

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well goodbye bcoff/beef et al, it was nice that you could visit and tell us the wisdom that you believe. It is good to see that even the intellectually challanged can make their way in the world.

I am sure that whatever fringe dwellers you hang around with on the net will be happy to have you back again. We are eagerly anticipating that you live up to your word ...

[Edited on 16-2-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
xaos

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
BCoffy, I fear your ignorance of the Bible has come into view. You might want to tuck it back in so that those who have knowledge won't see the glaring slip showing.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yes James I can...

If you cease to exist you become "nothingness"...and since if you are nothingness there is no past//future you never existed...therefore if there was nothing after death you'd be nothing now.

If you don't believe me, science, the almighty savior of "athiesm" already prooved that existance in the "present" is about as laughable as athiesm is.

You need a past, and a future, to exist AT ALL.

Originally posted by Jame the Lesser
The universe didn't poof into existence, the big bang created it. Before it was compact into a highly dense ball that exploded. This also explains why the universe is expanding.

Are you beginning to believe in god? You are so close if you don't think things "poofed in existance"...afterall, where did that hyper-gluon plasma come from anyways?

You say, "The universe was created before the big bang." Well what about where the big bang came from...or where the foundational particles of our universe came from? These are questions where the answer is god, like I said though, doesn't mater if God is a concious being or what, it is the purpose, the why, and the ultimate HOW.

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 15-2-2003 by FreeMason]

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Huh? If you cease to exsit, when would this happen? I have no clue where your coming from. So if I never existed then there is no such thing as time? What????? Time was made by man, the mintue, second, hour, week, month, decade, century, all man made. I am still trying to get rid of this headache you gave me. If I never existed then time is something which proves something????

And science has proven that the present is laughable? How? When? Who was it? So, why is it laughable? Why shoiuldn't one live in the present?

Also, mods, someone even makes an inference about a problem the church has, they threatened to be banned, FM constantly makes fun of atheism, yet has nothing done? How come saying something about the church preists who rape little boys something I get a U2U about being banned if I keep it up yet FM can repeatedly make fun of atheism?

And when did I say the past and future didn't exist? And how does that prove a god exists? Does 1+1=11 where you come from?

And also, how is it me starting to believe in god by believing what science says, the big bang?

The big bang came from a tightly compressed heavely dense ball of matter exploding. And where is the answer god? Alex, I'll take ignorant beings for 500. Question is, What does FM use as a crutch in life? What is god? There you go, the choice is yours again.

Of course, some people do use god as a crutch. Saying reason something happened is because god wanted it to. So blame him for the death of the little girl, not me.(Guy used this as a defense when he shot some kid and killed her)

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't make fun of "athiesm" it simply is WRONG...science even shows this, I keep saying it OVER AND OVER AGAIN, Athiests are in the threshold, they know more than a primitive who believed in god because he couldn't understand anything else, but they don't know enough to realize there HAS to be a god.

I can't sit here and give educate you on quantum mechanics and chemsitry and physics that would take years to prove my point, but you should go into those higher sciences, and you'll be coming out agnostic at the least.

I never once say God is on a throne, or has a specific religion, just that there IS a god, whatever it may be...purpose...why...how...something like that.

LoL you seriously think I use God as a crutch in my life? "Alex, who is an idiot who knows nothing of the natural world around him, and lives in the middle of a city never once seeing a tree more than 10 feet high?" "Uh who would be James the Lesser?" DING DING DING!

I've never EVER said God "wanted $hit" to happen...I only say that GOD IS Creation, or Existance, or what the HELL ever it is we call this place, this house, chair, earth, and heavens....you I think are more "angry" at god, then you are really an athiest, but it figures.

I've never met an athiest who didn't HATE god, other-wise you'd be agnostic, and realize that there can be a god, that even if it is simply the big bang, THAT IS GOD!

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
bcoffy is a Muslim...isn't he? That's what I thought!

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
And FM, can you prove there is something after you die? No.

Can you *disprove* all of those reports of people who've been clinically dead & brought back from visions? What about many of the "ghost stories" that no one has been able to bebunk yet? If not, don't you ever wonder why such things exist? If you claim that there is *nothing* after death, then you must not have any research into these subjects, because they *are* clues to the greater whole of existance.

Originally posted by James the LesserCan you prove that time isn't man made? It is, for before there was no hour, we made up the hour, the minute, the second. Days are made by the turning of the planet, and years are made by the revolution around the sun. No weeks, months, hours, minutes, seconds made that way. Those are man made.

All you've indicated here that the *measurements* of time are man-made. If it werent' for time, there would be no reactions between atoms & chemicals because it takes *time* for such reactions to catalyse...And this has been going on since the Big Bang. Man didn't *create* time, he only created a method of *measuring* time.

Originally posted by James the Lesser

Even the most prominent physicists claim that they can't *prove* the Big Bang theory...And so it *remains* as a theory. It's only their "best guess". But still, don't you wonder what created that *initial mass* that eventually started the Big Bang? Sounds like you're taking the *narrow view* to me...

Originally posted by James the LesserMaybe looking for answers, and questioning those answers is what makes you smart.

this is the only thing that spererates us from the other species on this planet: The ability to create questions that may or may not have anything to do with the real world. For example, even as smart as dolphins are, has anyone been able to find out if they've asked themselves, "Who made the water?" Humans are the only species that have done this questioning...Haven't you ever asked yourself, "What gave us humans, out of all of the other species, the *ability* to question ourselves in this manner?"

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
bcoffy i found errors in your errors

christians-some don't eat pork
-some worship on saturday
-i think you need to get your facts straight

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
I don't make fun of "athiesm" it simply is WRONG...science even shows this

I'd dearly love to see some SCHOLARLY proof that science shows atheism is wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join