It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Post Office and Health Care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have a question for the proponents of our Universal Healthcare bill. If our current president admits that private run companies are more efficient and productive than government run programs,[as in UPS and FedEx versus the U.S. Post Office] why are you clamoring for a government run option? These are the same people that have bankrupted medicare,medicaid, and social security.

Without a doubt we need reform in this area, but does a government run option really make any viable sense? How do you see them making this work, if our own president is aware of and using our government as an example of how poorly it runs a business?

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I totally agree with you dude. I mean if the gov't part of mail is doing bad and the private sectors are doing fantastic then why would we scrap the best healthcare in the entire world and force people to get a poop plan

But on a more serious note, this whole thing is unconstitutional anyways.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
After making and reading numerous posts, I am fully convinced that supporters will take even a steaming turd on a platter as long as the insurance companies are destroyed.

Seriously, I believe sooner or later that we will have a government healthcare plan implemented (writing on the wall kind of thing). So if we are going to get it, why not make damned sure it is a good plan? How will you and I know it is a good plan you ask? Easy, our politicians are forced to have it! Anything less is unacceptable.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I agree there should be no difference in healthcare plans for any individual. Are we not all equal? But my argument is with how do these proponents really expect an efficient plan to be run. If our own government admits that they are inefficient and not run well. Are people really ready to put their lives on the line for this?
Yes for some that have no healthcare any is better than none but what about the other 250 million people that are satisfied with their current plans?

respectfully

reluctantpawn

new topics

top topics

join