It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Havasu, Arizona UFO Video (MUFON) - Loose Balloon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Interesting find, thought I would share... Defately got me, but I wonder how many other people report sightings such as this one and think they are the real deal.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

Here you go, it was a UFO balloon that got away.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd1282480dcc.jpg[/atsimg]

Click on the link for the full answer to what this was.

I don't know why the link won't work right visually. When I preview the post it is right but when I post it works but won't display right - Mod? I've had this happen on another one recently. The code is right.

Everyone just click on the first line of text and it will take you to the answer to what this is from the person who lost this expensive balloon thats in the video.

[edit on 8/23/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This is one of the clearest "wtf is that?" that I have seen!

I can hear some people go - they have tossed and photographed a mexican hat AGAIN??

That is, till you see the comair go by in the background...

Thanks OP! Good find! S&F!

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Charismagic

Click on the top line in my post and you may want to retract your post.

That was a balloon that got away from the owner. Click the link.

Link

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de6458f81fcd.jpg[/atsimg]

Mod - something is up with the posting of links. Is it because the file name is so long or because it is from youtube?

[edit on 8/23/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
lol, guess I shoulda done the google first... too bad its nothing conclusive

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmayhew01
I could see some interpreting this as a weather balloon of some sort, but based on its movement and general nature I would say it doesn't fit the profile.

So, aliens generally fly like a loose balloon, so it doesn't fit the profile of a loose balloon?

[edit on 8/23/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

That was worth posting
It took me multiple searches to come up with that. So many balloon sites and posts its a maze.

It is the motion you want to look at. No controlled craft would move like that and it had to be a balloon.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

That was worth posting
It took me multiple searches to come up with that. So many balloon sites and posts its a maze.

It is the motion you want to look at. No controlled craft would move like that and it had to be a balloon.

Wish you would've waited a while to post the balloon link. Would've been good to see the posts 'analyzing' the footage and declaring it genuine.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

We need to be more diplomatic about this. People learn to think more critically with practice and experience.

When we criticize we just cause them to think we have ulterior motives.

I'm here looking for real cases and sorting out the cases of mistaken identity is part of that. That's what many of these are is just mistaken identity. When we get too critical it looks like we are just here to debunk or make fun of people. I understand why they think that.

I used to get angry but realized that the more things that are posted the better our chances of finding cases of value.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

And a great approach towards other members here on ATS... it is critical thinking and civility, which I would argue ultimately contributes more to the study than having arguments... Thank you for such an approach!

[edit on 23-8-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You're right, as usual, Blaine. I just get sick and tired of people shilling obvious balloons, wildlife, and other terrestrial objects as UFOs.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Wish you would've waited a while to post the balloon link. Would've been good to see the posts 'analyzing' the footage and declaring it genuine.

I don't understand why someone like you would even come here.

I guess just to discredit the entire subject and belittle those who believe in it.

Well, you're the one who's wrong and you're the one who will someday have to face that.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Before I remove my tin foil hat I would like to say something. I can see why this was mistaken as a UFO, because it is a balloon that looks like a UFO. It is made to look like a flying saucer.

(Takes off Hat)

However, people are often guilty of mistaken identity.

Grandfather Fatally Shoots Grandson in Deer Hunting Accident

TOWN OF SAXEVILLE, Wis. — A grandfather fatally shot his 18-year-old grandson in northwestern Waushara County during the opening weekend of Wisconsin's nine-day gun deer-hunting season, a warden says. David R. Ruck from the Saxeville area died at a Neenah hospital after he was shot Sunday morning, Sheriff David R. Peterson said. "My heart goes out to the family and to the community," said Tim Lawhern, conservation warden and state director of the Hunter Education Administration. Deputies responded to a report about 8:40 a.m. that a hunter had been shot on private property in the town of Saxeville. Ruck had been shot in the upper leg and inner groin, Peterson said, adding that the shooter said he mistook Ruck for a deer. The sheriff's department and state Department of Natural Resources were investigating. The gun deer season opened Saturday, with an estimated 630,000 hunters participating. No statewide deer kill figures were reported Sunday.

I suppose if a man can mistake his own grandson for a completely unrelated species than many many cases could also be of mistaken identity.

Many, not all.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Does the balloon have lights as well.
Careful observation of the flight means something out of control.
A similar flight pattern was observed in a Mexico sighting sequence.
And lightning rings were observed in that flight as well.
Then perhaps there was control but this looks different.
And a jet is putting up a smoke screen for the rescue team.

And a lightning ring would be a nice touch for a balloon but unlikely.

ED: Get the rest of the film for the rescue. We know how its done.
ED+: In all cases we never recover the craft or balloon.
I doubt we ever see the craft. The balloon recovery might even
say editing was done, oops here's balloon we just saw flying around.

[edit on 8/29/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

[edit on 8/29/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

top topics

join