It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Countryfile, August 23 - Cropcircles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I only caught the last 3 minutes of this but it showed the "Hummingbird" circle including a Cropcircle maker who claims he's doing it for artistic value and that the reason they dont confess is that it loses the arts appeal of mystery.
It'll be avaliable on the BBC iplayer shortly so I'll post the link once its up.
Did anyone else catch it?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
yes i saw the last couple if mins of this myself.
must have been watching top gear then turned over. i have never seen the crop circle either

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Trouble is Top Gear is already up on the iplayer, but this isn't. I am gettiing worried that this might not get put up at all.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Avaliable now with 7 days left to watch. The segment should be the last half of the show, not had chance to watch it all yet.
Im also not sure if its avaliable worldwide or not.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
As Rob Irvin was saying, the whole point of crop circle making is to preserve the mystery of his art and engaging the imaginations of those who view them.

Good job he hasn't been interviewed by the BBC and ruined the whole thing, oh hang on. Anyone would think that he has been commissioned to make these patterns as PR stunts, or that he is trying to sell a book. In this interview his motives become a bit more obvious, Confessions of a circle maker.

For someone that makes these patterns for a living, it would be kind of easy for him to lay claim the more mysterious and inexplicable circles. Perhaps I am being cynical, but the same rules apply to Rob that apply to those that claim that these things are made by E.Ts. Fantastic claims demand fantastic proof. If Rob wants us to believe that he can make some of these huge and elaborate patterns in darkness in one night, and in some cases within the space of a couple of hours; then I want film and photographic proof. Or would that kill the mystery, perhaps not as much as doing an interview for the BBC, but that bridge has already been crossed hasn't it.

The whole thing stinks to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

that was an interesting little piece, funny how they've never managed to catch anyone doing them. I still believe these are man made and the artists interview about maintaining the magic of the circle is very interesting. I think any alien involvement can be ruled out.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I am sooo glad to see at least one confession. I cannot stand to see all the explainations and observations that make claims of intricate alien messages, ect. It is quite obvious that the circles are man made, the fact that it is an actual industry should tell you that something is not right about them, but so many people want to believe that they are a message from another world....

Another hint they are not alien made: why in the name of this universe, would aliens travel all the way to earth in technologically advanced craft ( they would have to be very very advanced, as no one can see them) and draw mysterious circles and pictures in the wheat of wilshire? If life arrives from another world, I am sure they will convene their message without wheat.

edit to add: I think this is possibly one of the most important threads on ATS right now, it is the perfect example of denying ignorance. Star and flag dude.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by ROBL240

I think any alien involvement can be ruled out.

On the basis of some anecdotal evidence of a couple of people coming forward to say they make them?

new topics

top topics

join