It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Pirates seize ship on Israel's behalf, preventing arms from Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Report: Pirates seize ship on Israel's behalf, preventing arms from Iran

www.jpost.com

Pirates recently gained control over a Russian ship off the shores of Sweden in order to prevent weapons smuggling to Iran on Israel's behalf, according to a report by Russian newspaper Nuvia Gueta.

According to Saturday's report, which Army Radio cited, the Russian ship was carrying a load of X-55 cruise missiles intended for Teheran. Several days after the pirates seized the ship, Russian navy forces gained control over the vessel off the coast of West Africa.

Army Radio said Russian authorities denied the report, saying "the allegations are baseless."

Dmitri Rogozin, Russia's
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hi All,

The news surrounding the Arctic Sea is becoming absolutely amazing. From the very beginning there seemed to be a conspiracy of sorts; as a ship with modern tracking equipment disappeared fro several days; like a ghost in the night.

Now several papers have picked up what I would refer to as a desensitization, or possible disinformation campaign. Not only the Jpost, but also World Net Daily ran a similar story. It's as though they are preparing People for a coming attack. Why all the mystery about this one ship?

Wake Up Stand Up,

Sancho

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.thaindian.com...
Another Paper that picked this story up.

en.rian.ru... To add to the mystery is the crew is still being held in custody; read here

[edit on 23-8-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Ok so it was Mossad, then.

"Pirates acting on behalf of Israel, indeed. About as bloody likely.

Is there anyone out there who believes that some pirates have such a soft spot for Israel they're willing to be caught? Who came up with that phrase? Where did the reporter get it? Not from one of the "pirates", I'd hazard.

I'd imagine a sizeable proportion of the JP's readership nod sagely to themselves and think, yes, Mossad is protecting Israel.

We need rather more detail and a source less of a mouthpiece for Mossad to have a clue of finding out what happened. Curiously, the Russians don't seem to want to say anything, which may mean they got their ass handed to them on a specially engraved commemorative plate.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
OK whoops, missed the Thaindian Times article... but that, again, has this weird phrase,

Men acting on behalf of the Israeli Mossad secret service commandeered the ship

But at least we find out why.

The suspects include a Lithuanian, a Russian, three stateless people, and a Spaniard, the report said, adding that the citizenship of the two remaining suspects had yet to be clarified.

Well there is a class or set of Jewish people who have strong ties to Israel who do help out when Mossad asks. There's a term, a name for them but I forget what it is. So maybe some are not themselves Mossad agents, but local help drafted in perhaps to interpret instructions to the crew.

Which would be coming from, I suspect, the two men of "unknown" citizenship. Yeah right. We have no clue where these guys are from.

I may have shot my mouth off in the first post, but this article bears out my suspicions about a) Mossad and b) the Russians losing face with the Israelis:

Citing Moscow publicist Yulia Latynina, the daily pointed to the surprise visit of Israeli President Shimon Peres Aug 18, a day after the Arctic Sea, which had been missing for three weeks, had been tracked down and liberated by Russian forces off West Africa.

One thing we don't know is: what happened to the arms?

I guess it's a win-win for Israel. If the arms were simply unloaded into the Atlantic Ocean deeps (or into a waiting vessel of some sort, even?) that's a pretty big score and worth giving up some pawns for. If the arms are still on board, it's one import route, and the deal, exposed.

Postscript: having now read the Rianovosty article I'm now inclined to think that there's plenty more to come on this. What will the crew have to say when, or if, we finally get to hear from them? What will come of the "further investigation" the Arctic Sea's going to get when it's back in port? I suspect a few Russian journos are rubbing their hands on this one - it's a juicly story and they'll probably get to cover it without risk to life and limb.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by rich23]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
HMMMM;
shipping missiles by unarmed ships;
if i had a boat i would rob them myself....

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The story is indeed fishy. This ship just underwent serious overhaul in the docks so something (even as large as missiles) could be easily inserted in some dead spot. And pirates hijacking ship full of wood sounds idiotic. Not to mention the fact that ship "could not be found" by Russians, NATO for several days-week; - and this is in European waters that surely are loaded with sensors since cold war and have a lot of ship traffic.
But i doubt that it is Israel (mossad or whatever). Israel would not directly confront Russia, in case that it was Israeli action i guess that ship with crew would probably dissapear without a trace. In reality whoever did it had no fear of Russian federation. And our president just was in Russia and was recieved very well, without any problems. Just check what Russia does to countries that mess up with it.
And those "pirates" are surely nobody's agents. Just for a show. Whoever got the ship did what they wanted and left. Russians are clearly creating a smoke-screen story. Pirates, ecologists, foreign nationalists.... Crappy smoke screen too.
Edit - term for Mossad helpers is sayanim. And it is not nessesery Jews.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Wow now that is interesting. Good find.

Now we are looking at pirate and sea time warfare.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
i have to say, i didnt know a whole lot about this but this has become a most interestiong topic. way too many odd things about this ship. modern tracking equipment, disappearing, reappearing, pirates, no pirates, what the hell? definately seems to be something goin on than more than meets the eye here..

THE LATEST:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.themedialine.org...

seems one of the hijackers has been presumed dead for 3 years..

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
The story is indeed fishy. This ship just underwent serious overhaul in the docks so something (even as large as missiles) could be easily inserted in some dead spot. And pirates hijacking ship full of wood sounds idiotic. Not to mention the fact that ship "could not be found" by Russians, NATO for several days-week; - and this is in European waters that surely are loaded with sensors since cold war and have a lot of ship traffic.
But i doubt that it is Israel (mossad or whatever). Israel would not directly confront Russia, in case that it was Israeli action i guess that ship with crew would probably dissapear without a trace. In reality whoever did it had no fear of Russian federation. And our president just was in Russia and was recieved very well, without any problems. Just check what Russia does to countries that mess up with it.
And those "pirates" are surely nobody's agents. Just for a show. Whoever got the ship did what they wanted and left. Russians are clearly creating a smoke-screen story. Pirates, ecologists, foreign nationalists.... Crappy smoke screen too.
Edit - term for Mossad helpers is sayanim. And it is not nessesery Jews.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

Lets look at another angle, Russia wants the world to know that Iran is backed by Russia. Ergo, let them see some "cargo", meanwhile other missiles enter in different ports.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I see it as two possibilities....

One, it happened exactly as link said, weapons headed for Iran were intercepted.

Two, it is a Russian excuse for off loading weapons they don't want the world to know they are sending to Iran.

Also, I seem to remember a month or two ago reading something about a ship being intercepted to prevent weapons from getting to Iran/syria/hezbolla and Hamas terrorists.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that Mossad did the job, but I certainly hope so. Mossad, as a byproduct, protects all the Castrato governments of Western Europe which are either too feeble or befuddled to do it themselves.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I have asked this in another thread, but nobody answered.

Why ship arms through the North Sea, part of the Atlantic and the Mediterranean when Russia has direct access to Iran through the Caspian Sea?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Excellent question, ArMaP. That's why I doubt Iran was the destination. How about Venezuela? That would rule out Israeli involvement. Whatever the destination, it needed to be stopped. Whoever was behind the "pirates", thanks for growing a pair.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastElitist
How about Venezuela?
Venezuela would be "close" enough for that ship to do the voyage without being refuelled, so it is possible.

Whatever the destination, it needed to be stopped.
Or maybe not, it's also possible that they (whoever they are) want us to think that.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Just to play devils advocate.........

What if they took the long way around to:

Transfer to another ship?
Avoid being noticed as delivering:
missiles/rockets, missile guidance systems, chemical, biological,nuclear weapons....

Remember, it was only supposed to have had wood planks.

I wonder where it's stated destination was ever listed?

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
What kind of newspaper is Nuvia Gueta ? I can't find any information about it.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

The (stated) destination was Algeria.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Why couldn't the Russians have sent such sensitive cargo to Iran via the Caspian Sea? It is a much, much, much shorter trip than sending it out in such a gigantic arc through the Artic Sea, Atlantic, Mediterranean, Suez Canal, Red Sea, Arabian Sea Persian Gulf route.

Through the Caspian its like a two hour trip with a stop for lunch and no nations that could interfere with the cargo.

[edit on 23-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

But i doubt that it is Israel (mossad or whatever). Israel would not directly confront Russia, in case that it was Israeli action i guess that ship with crew would probably dissapear without a trace.

I agree with you.

If it was mossad (or whatever), I'm sure that ship would be laying at the bottom of "Davey Jones' Locker" , in thousands of feet of water where it would never be found or the evidence of who did it.

[edit on 8/23/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This story just won't go away, will it?
Someone definately wants this on peoples' minds.

I agree with the other posters who say Israel wouldn't dare do such a thing.

I think it may have been a Russian False Flag.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join