It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a river below the Sphinx?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I am doing some searching on if there is any reason to believe there was a river that runs below the Sphinx. I found an article that leads to this idea as well as my mother is saying in her OBE during her NDE that she stood by this river that was running below the Sphinx. She said she was told to not touch the water because it was pure.

Now I am not making any claims as facts...but would love to hear thoughts and mabey more info if anyone has any that there may be an ancient water way below the Sphinx.

Here is the link I just got done reading that gave the same thoughts...

dialspace.dial.pipex.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This links talks about how they are having to place pumps around the sphinx to keep the paws dry from water coming 'up'....but they just call it ground water.

www.drhawass.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This link talks about water pockets found...or detected at least...

towers-online.co.uk...

In 1987 a Japanese team from Waseda University (Tokyo), under the direction of Sakuji Yoshimura carried out an electromagnetic sounding survey of the Khufu Pyramid and Sphinx. They reported evidence of a tunnel oriented north-south under the Sphinx, a water pocket 2.5 to 3 m below surface near the south hind paw, and another cavity near the north hind paw.

This link shows what may be water ways that went under the pyramids and lead out to the Nile? Not sure if I am reading that right...would love to hear thoughts on this link!

earthmilkancientenergy.com...

[edit on 21-8-2009 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
well there is clearly a river right next to the sphinx (about 2000 feet due east). the elevation level from river to sphinx is about 6 meters.

now it is a well known fact that there is underground water attendant to rivers.

what is most likely happening is a collection of subsurface flows passing the sphinx causing damage.

you can clearly see a drainage pattern due south of the sphinx in the topography. link

look at the topo lines and how they form what could be arrows pointing to the west. when you have a series of pints in concurrent topo lines you know this is a valley or drainage, whereas if it were pointed in the other direction it would be a ridge.

because of the type of local geology my bet is that there is a decent amount of subsurface flows that accumulate in this area which are causing the damage noted.

it could also very easily be subsurface flows attendant ot the river already present.

regardless i doubt that it is a 'unknown' or 'undisclosed' river.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Thanks for adding that great info Animal. I agree...I dont think the odds are great for finding an unknown river or spring under the Sphinx...but Im also thinking I wouldnt be too surprised to hear of such a thing to be true these days.

I think if there is anything of importance below the Sphinx, its going to be very deep down in the Earth.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

i could see that, there being something deep down below the sphinx.

as i said there is going to undoubtedly be sub-surface flows attendant to a river, be it from a drainage entering the river whose potential we see in the local topography, or simply subsurface flows along the rivers path.

these subsurface flows could very likely overtime infiltrate any structure or structures below the sphinx and their inundation could impact the sphinx.

therefore this issue of underground flooding around the sphinx could potentially be the tell tale signs of something 'unknown' below the sphinx.

new topics

top topics

join