It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American presidents, as I see it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
In my lifetime I have seen a wide array of leadership below the border. This is how I would gauge it.

1- JFK, tough time to be president, did it well. I think if he lived Viet Nam wouldn't have been what it became.

2- Jimmy Carter- shaky foriegn policy but did well at home.

Both would have helped their country with a 2nd term.

3- I really don't have a 3, just ones that don't need to be shot. Those would include Regan, Clinton and Bush sr. Gotta put Ford in here as well.

Those that should be shot in order,

#1 for the firing squad:
LBJ
Nixon
Bush, the sequel.

That's the way I see it, how do you?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
JFK....I wasn't born yet for him but from what I read, the only reason that the USSR put nukes in Cuba is because they thought he was weak. So I would count that as a strike against him.

Carter was one of the worst presidents ever.

Ronald was a top 5 president IMHO.

Clinton I didn't like on a personal level, gave military secrets to China (should be in prison for that one), not to mention lied under oath - though I do agree that his sex life is none of my buisness.

Bush Sr was a good president.

Firing squad list for me would start with L. Johnson and Carter

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
JFK....I wasn't born yet for him but from what I read, the only reason that the USSR put nukes in Cuba is because they thought he was weak. So I would count that as a strike against him.

Carter was one of the worst presidents ever.

Ronald was a top 5 president IMHO.

Clinton I didn't like on a personal level, gave military secrets to China (should be in prison for that one), not to mention lied under oath - though I do agree that his sex life is none of my buisness.

Bush Sr was a good president.

Firing squad list for me would start with L. Johnson and Carter

You have just quallified for the republican party medallion. Don't listen to the history books that read like an episode of South Park " move along nothing to see here."

You have to understand that I'm looking at it as an outsider, objective.

Reading your response I see that you are buying into the propaganda that says that if it ain't " we're #1" it don't work. That don't work.

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by intrepid]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'm not too informed on the US presedencies over time as i live in Aus... We did learn a bit about the cold war and the presidents but most other than JFK were only mentioned in passing... JFK was a great pres, pity about the grassy knoll....

Bush Snr... well i dont like what i know about him but he did an alright job coz the USA still had friends afterwords...

Bush the sequel on the other hand... well i dont think shooting him would be sufficient... i think we need to tie him to one of his missiles and launch him

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
"Bush the sequel on the other hand... well i dont think shooting him would be sufficient... i think we need to tie him to one of his missiles and launch him"

Please specify a target, we might actually hit a planet that doesn't appreciate trash.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
You have just quallified for the republican party medallion. Don't listen to the history books that read like an episode of South Park " move along nothing to see here."

Sorry - I don't watch south park more then a few times a year. I am not a Republican, I am conservative. Their is a big difference.

You have to understand that I'm looking at it as an outsider, objective.

That is all well and good. But I could just as quickly point out that you quallify for the Democratic Medallion. And seeing that you are a Canadian, you are most likely going to have liberal stances in most cases.

Reading your response I see that you are buying into the propaganda that says that if it ain't " we're #1" it don't work. That don't work.

What? I don't understand this - please clarify.......

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by intrepid]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
"Reading your response I see that you are buying into the propaganda that says that if it ain't " we're #1" it don't work. That don't work.

What? I don't understand this - please clarify"

Right, if you were not told it, you can not think it. You are taking whatever your gov. says and it's truth. Challenge it man.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Right, if you were not told it, you can not think it. You are taking whatever your gov. says and it's truth. Challenge it man.

Sorry, but I am not a brainwashed American, sorry to break it to you. I never believe that the US is "always right" or is "always the best." That is just plain silly. I don't take whatever the gov. says as truth - I mean come on, your talking to someone on a conspiracy website!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
It's much more than that, but that is good to hear, I'm just not buying it from your previous posts.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   

It's much more than that, but that is good to hear, I'm just not buying it from your previous posts.

I too see this, i am not pointing fingers thats not my style but your previous posts about the current Admin tend to make you out as a guy who believes what the govt says is the truth, o.k maybe there is 1% truth from any govt but thats not enough.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

I too see this, i am not pointing fingers thats not my style but your previous posts about the current Admin tend to make you out as a guy who believes what the govt says is the truth, o.k maybe there is 1% truth from any govt but thats not enough.

Fair enough - I do tend to side with the Bush admin because in most cases I believe they are right. I believe that this war in Iraq was needed. Even Clinton had Iraq as a target, he just didn't have the balls to do it because he knew it would cause problems politically, as it has for Bush. As for "the truth" from the Gov, they lie, always have and always will, regardless of political side. But saying that 9/11 was staged, or allowed to happen, or whatever is just bogus, IMHO.

So in this regard, I am guilty as charged. Now if we are going to talk about where I believe Bush DID lie, it would be in his embelishment of facts and half truths. Case and point was the intel that said Uranium was going to be sold from somewhere in Africa (sorry - I can't think of it off the top of my head) to Iraq. That was preatty clearly not true, even to me. But my defence for his action is that regardless of if they had WMDs or not, they were a threat to the US because they would use them if they could get them.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
1. Harry S. Truman - served his country during World War I, fighting in France. Earned the rank of captain. Helped Turkey and Greece. Created the airlift fot the Berliners. Opposed North Korea.

2. John F. Kennedy - served his country during World War II, fighting in the Pacific Ocean. Earned the rank of Lieutenant. Had sympathy for the Berliners. Opposed the USSR (everybody knows how). Was ready for a nuclear war with the USSR.

3. Franklin Delano Roosevelt - Thanks to him, America recovered from the Great Depression in a matter of only 12 years. But he didn't oppose Stalin.

4. Abraham Lincoln - Gave liberty to slaves and unified the country.

The worst US presidents:
George W. Bush
Richard M. Nixon

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well, I would hasten to add that Canada (eh) has its own disgraces. Trudeau and his league of FLQ supporting cronies that undermined the Canadian (not Canadien) people and I might add that I voted FOR the separation of keybec (are they still holding referendum after referendum?) Love it or leave it, I left.
Further, did anyone ever justify making roadsigns bilingual when they make road signs different shapes to aid the color blind? I know it cost taxpayers millions... and why bilingual when Canada is a melting pot like America with multi-nationals? All to appease the french and you know what I think they can do about that... never mind lol I left because I didn't want to get into it.
Parlei vouz Francais?
I used to be a reserve element and was willing to fight and die for my country, (which included Quebec) however, I doubt I'd fight to protect a system that brought me up and educated me speaking English then told me I couldn't have this or that job because I wasn't bilingual. ... french immersion my a$$, subversion is more apt. AAARRRGGGHHHH! ok I'm all better now

P.S. nothing personal
and for those wondering how Canada got named, they put all the letters in a hat and drew them out one at a time ... "C" eh, "N" eh "D" eh

[edit on 28-7-2005 by keybored]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Oh, we don't need to go there. There are some past Canadian PM's that I would personally love to beat with a large stick. Topping that list would be Mulroney.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
LOL now thats Mulronic. I got a tip for ya, America has bigger trees

I had been across Canada and at the time, I know the sentiment changed the further West you went, you must be West of Ontario I take it.

The thing that really irks me, is that I was told by a French person that what they are doing is called a silent war, undermining from within.
Can you remember the Diefenbaker dollar? When the Canadian dollar was worth $1.07 American? Trace the devaluation and you'll see where the French influence came in... but, lets drop this, it saddened me to leave in the first place. Having said that, God Bless America! ... If only we all believed in God...

new topics

top topics

join