It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object in Mars sky ???.. What is it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Genus

My opinion of Skipper is that he his more interested in site visits then anything else, and what he has on his site, "don't forget that a half truth is a whole lie" could also be applied to his site, in which we can find more half truths than anything else.

The "smudged" photos from the Clementine mission, for example, are not real photos, and sometime ago he presented some HiRISE photos with some strange things that were only strange on the lower resolution JPEG version, and his excuse for not using the high resolution versions was "most people will not look at that version".

As I have said in other occasions, I have seen NASA pictures altered, but never in the photos available to the scientific community (and they are also available to anyone), the only altered photos appeared on "public relations" pages, the best example (and the only one I remember) being that a photo of the Moon with the Earth behind in which the Moon was replaced by a greyscale version over the original colour version that showed a brownish hue.

PS: sorry everybody for this slight deviation from the topic.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join