It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try This Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Simply repeat the word Melchizedek over and over for 30 seconds. As you do it consider the thoughts and ideas that run through your mind.

Is is possible a word carries weight? Could it more more than the sum of its phonemes? Could the syllables o a word have some kind of power such as those used in spells?

This started because I found the word to simply appear strange. It was mentioned in the bible and it didn't seem to fit. It reminded me of the name of one of Superman's enemies Mister Mxyzptlk.

After looking up the word in the dictionary with the phonetic spellling, I found myself repeating the word over and over. I began to feel a series of sensations including becoming light headed. I closed my eyes and had the sensation I was growing very tall. These are a couple of sensations. I don't want to predispose you into feeling anything. As a matter of fact, I am trying to find out if I predisposed myself with the power of suggestion.

Please give it a try. It will only take 30 seconds of your time. Let me know what happens.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Did not feel a thing. Were u doing it in silence or wat?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I haven't tried your experiment yet but I will soon (have to get off the computer atm) but your post got me thinking about the power of words. I found this on another site:

G-d created the world with words. According to Kabbalah, words and letters are the actual building blocks--the raw material--of creation. Everything has a name in the Holy Tongue, and each letter of that name is a channel for a specific Divine energy. The energies of these letters and the way they are combined determines the particular unique characteristics of everything in existence.

And the name apparently translates as the words 'king' of 'righteousness'.....it could be the power of the word 'king' that produced the growing sensation in your mind.

Just thought it was an interesting possibility.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
How do you pronounce this word, If anyone knows it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by born2BWild
How do you pronounce this word, If anyone knows it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I just came across a website called www.oneworldgov.org... and if you enter the site and click on the personal development web page on the left, the page talks about some woman named Suzeranda Melchizedek who "channels" spirits? According to the site: "Her gift from God is to be able to speak to anyone "on the other side." WTF!!! Anyway, if you go back to the home page and scroll down, there are three boxes, click the one on the left (blue box with United States at the top) and follow the link. The page is talking about amending the constitution for a one world government!!! In the middle of the page, there is a link to "Renew America Together" which takes you to a .gov site!!! Its weird that you brought up that last name and then I come across this one world government website and she has the same last name? Why are there links to government sites while people are talking about constitutional amendments and channeling spirits? There is also a link to some person called Master Kuthumi which is more channeling crap...Is this proof that our gov't wants a one world gov't or what? All you internet detectives get on this...

[edit on 20-8-2009 by all4freedom]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

I did it, didn't feel a thing. I think just repeating that one word over and over again is kinda like meditating, you're focused only on that one thing. Maybe that's why you had strange sensations.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I think you are right about repeating a word is like meditating. What got me started was reading a post about a guy named Drunvalo Melchizedek. He supposedly has these steps for a meditation that guarantee an OBE.

I've been meditating for 4 months with little success.

Thanks for the post on the kabbalah stuff. I'm going to have to do more thinking about the power of words and the sounds they make.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It didn't have any effect on me, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.

How many seconds between each saying of the word?

Did you close your eyes?

What did you think about?

Did you say it out loud?

[edit on 8/21/2009 by Alexander the Great]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Yep, I certainly believe words have weight! I believe we call that certain part of our school lessons 'Spelling' for a reason

Choose your words carefully, and the pen is mightier than the sword, are just two phrases that come immediately to mind when thinking about this concept.

Words are very powerful IMO and if more people were aware of the power behind everything they cast out there, then those that sprout may start to doubt! lol sorry bad rhyming.

What also fascinates me is how you can focus on a word for too long and even if it is spelled correctly, it begins to look wrong....

Peace

new topics

top topics

join