It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan to Launch Pre Emptive Strike on N Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
GO japan lol. do they have nukes?? or any WMD's

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Dont know if they have nukes, although last month they did announce that they "lost" 200 kilos of Plutonium, enough to make about 25-30 warheads....

We do know they have a good assortment of American supplied equipment, and likely have some very high output conventional weapons, such as fuel air explosive weapons (FAE).

It is also known that Japan has spent considerable money on HAARP/Scalar weapons development, and that alone makes them as dangerous as any nuclear power.

Combine with the fact that Japan hasnt rattled its sabre in the last 50 years, and it likely means business when it does, I take that as a sign that things are about to get nasty....

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Japan just stated that if North Korea even fuels its missles, it will consider that an act of war.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Japan is widely regarded as a nuclear state because they have the capability to produce nuclear weapons at any time they wish

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   
China's ambassador to the UN, Zhang Yan, said on Thursday.

"The only correct and effective approach... is through constructive dialogue and consultations on the basis of equality," he said.

The Chinese and their sens of humour, they are so funny sometime.

North-Korea is a cavern age country who's threatning the whole Asia, but we have to speak with them on the basis of equality.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I think Japan should have nukes. China has them, N. Korea probably does also. So does Russia. Japan having them would bring balance, I think, and deter N. Korea from doing anything stupid.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Other than the fact that North Korea is communist, what's their beef with Japan - or vice versa? Is Japan just afraid that North Korea will strike them to drag the US into it?

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Its a fashion thing.

didn't you hear?

Global thermo nuclear warfare is the new black.

[Edited on 14-2-2003 by Lupe_101]

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
That Kim Jong Il is such the trend setter. Where did I put my aquanet anyway?

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If nukes actually start to fly, I'm going back to the basic CBR wardrobe...

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
To answer the question what is North Koreas beef with Japan, well... the last time Japan *visited* Korea in the 30s, they kicked Koreas a@@ all over the pacific rim, and almost totally decimated their male population.... I would imagine there is still some hard feelings on this... Also, North Korea sees Japan as an extension of America, and therefore a viable and legitimate target.

Japan most likely IS a nuclear power, as they have the technology and nuclear material readily available (drudgereport 3 weeks ago posted a story that Japan *lost* 200 kilos of Plutonium in nuclear fuel reprocessing)

However, Japan doesnt need to be a nuclear power. It is known that Japan began investing in research towards HAARP weapons in the early 80s, in a joint venture with several Australian firms and with the US DARPA program. They have fully developed HAARP installations in Japan (successfully tested at Pine Gap in Australia). Development of these weapons was likely to counter pressure from China with similar weapons.

The Japanese also likely realize that should an all out conflict occur, HAARP weapons will be used far more extensively, and with more lethal effect than nukes, therefore, I believe they have funneled far more development money into this research than into nukes. (Along with the fact that HAARP equipment is much harder to detect and classify as a WMD)

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 01:04 AM
link   
dragonrider is certainly correct about the "beef" - although there are ample records of more recent events: spy-ships, abductions,missile tests. The level of hatred for the Japanese on the Korean peninsula -either side of the parallel -remains pretty high. There may be economic reasons too.
Japan is non-nuclear: it has slowly begun expanding beyond its traditional "self defence" status with AEGIS capability and a strengthened air force. In the past - for reasons to do with WWII and -no doubt - because it made good sense to let the US tax-payer pick up the tab - the Japanese have steered well-clear of WMD but given the nature of the country I suspect they could be a major nuclear power at the drop of a hat if they so decided - despite current major economic problems.
This " pre-emptive threat" is a "wildcard" comment in now way indicative of an official position; but it does reflect a growing "hawkish" position on the part of the Japanese right.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I agree with Estragon that Japan has steered clear of WMD due to WWII and the view that Japan would be considered an international threat if they had such weapons (and would likely loose military, political, and economic backing from America.)

However, it is known that Japan has developed "dual use" technology, IE, technology that has legitimate industrial use, but is readily converted to military applications. Although Japan likely doesnt have any assembled nukes, I am sure they have components readily available.

Also, this is one reason Japan has invested and developed so heavily in HAARP weapons, as they can be passed off as research projects with no publicly revealed military abilities.... although they certainly have many...

I do disagree with Estragon about Japans intent on thier declaration of pre emptive action.... I believe the Japanese have carefully considered this action, and are fully prepared to back words with action if needed. There is a likelihood that Japan is being put up to this by America, although they wouldnt need much goading as it is in thier own interests to do so.

top topics

join