It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 totally Crazy weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Very interesting and I'm deathly afraid of the puke light. That's been my worst nightmare forever - a way to induce nausea on someone. Great. We're really gettin' somewhere in the world.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The Bat bomb are abandoned in favor of Atom Bomb.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Those are kinda neat.

On the dolphin one, my vague understanding was that they didn't use a dart but rather a clamp. Basically the dolphin is trained to hold the thing in its mouth and tag a clamp on a swimmer's leg if that person is in a certain area. When the clamp is released, a CO2 cartridge inflates a float and a marker (blinky light and/or noisemaker?) is released. Also if need arises, the dolphin is allowed to drag this person around like a toy too. (So Mr. Diver can't get away by trying to remove the thing on his leg.) Thus Mr. diver comes up to the surface nice and quick so he gets to talk with the RHIB patrol. Now if Mr. Diver disagrees they can't exactly easily shoot him (that one Mythbusters episode shows why, non-compressive water stops bullets pretty quick), but RHIB teams usually do have handy little concussion grenades that would use the non-compressive nature of water to give Mr. Diver a really bad day.
So compliance is probably the better option.

Under normal circumstances the dolphin doesn't ever kill anyone (directly), he just makes sure nobody can freely swim around secure areas undetected. And then they are apprehended or dealt with by the human element of the security patrols.

Ah, here we go... Another article, so these details aren't that top secret.
Apparently other marine mammals can do the job too.
Science Daily Apr 11, 2003...

There are probably other more secret missions for dolphins, but that's the security one that I remember hearing of. The reason the PETA/enviro-folks don't like it, is that obviously there's risk that some marine mammals may be treated as potential combatants in future conflicts. It's not always about the activity they're currently doing, even those have risks too.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You left out the directed energy something. It was on ultimate weapons, you point a big dish at a crowd and it emits a energy beam kinda like a microwave. Won't kill you but you can't stand around and just take it. Supposed to be a way to break up a crowd. Was funny watching a ex navy seal jumping around.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join