It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A vibration or something else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It's a sensation I felt last night while meditating whilst lying on my back last night, and at least one other time before. It is not something I would categorize as a vibration nor was it anything like what I would expect either from the word vibration or from the talk on these boards.

It was a wave-like sensation that started in my chest slow and heavy, it moved up to my head then back again. It continued back and forth getting faster and lighter going up in frequency until the feeling passed completely; though I suppose that describes "vibration" quite well, it certainly wasn't what I'd been expecting.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I had similar experiences in periods of deep meditation while using solfeggio harmonics. I used to find them a bit disturbing but now they feel very soothing to me. But once I let them flow I experienced something that felt very wrong. So I dont know what to call it but it is something meaningful.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i would describe the feeling i get as a shiver(but not a cold shiver) but I can feel its movements all over, not just a fleeting thing!

odd i know

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hmm, I have used harmonics in the past, and haven't used them in nearly a month now. I don't remember if I ever felt this during those sessions though.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I experienced something very similar to this while listening to binaural beats once. I nearly separated from my body too, I'm pretty sure.

My heart felt very strange, like it burst with emotion. It created waves of emotion and energy that rushed down my legs, with a ripple effect.

I'm not exactly sure what it was.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It sounds like your kundalini is awakening. Was it almost like a slithering sensation?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by meremortal
i would describe the feeling i get as a shiver(but not a cold shiver) but I can feel its movements all over, not just a fleeting thing!

odd i know

Not odd at all, I get that feeling most of the time; it usually runs from my lower spine, wraps around and ends in my chest and it's always a very good feeling. As well as a tingling sensation throughout most of my body.

I've only decided to ask about this one because it was something new.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I HAD THE SAME THING! its you about to have an out of body experience, at least thats what my research concluded to. iv been trying to have another one but its been difficult, my mind is focused on that feeling all the time lol.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Was it almost like a slithering sensation?

Maybe, I don't remember any particular movement other than the back and forth between my head and chest.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well, from what you're describing it's between your heart chakra and your crown.... So, I'm not sure what is going on here. Generally your kundalini will move from the base of your spine to your crown.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
SAME HERE! Except it's only in my hands and when I concentrate on something... I don't know what it is, but as soon as I get my 20 post I'm gonna post a thread on it.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Hmm, well when I meditate I don't typically do any focused chakra "work" I did for a while, but between the 13 or so different methods I've found I've decided to focus on the experience of meditation as a whole for a while. Letting whatever feelings and inspirations may come do so without trying to exert control before I have a better understanding of them myself.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Forget everything you've learned. It's time to reopen your mind to things you were denied the right to learn in your method of schooling. Your body is full of electrical energy perhaps the air has some too. Keep meditating and don't give up. Eventually you will understand everything.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
As you relax you'll experience the sensations more intensely and then as you relax fully and there is less resistance (ie. better conductor) they will largely abate.

When it's maxed out, to me it is a mild "sizzling" rather than something that I can make out as periodic.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Hey

The Vibration you have felt may been a signal that you were nearing astral projection. Many projectionists will attest to the vibrational state that must be attained when attempting to project. It resonates within the entirety of your body as you were describing, and it happens when you are in a clean and pure state of meditation.

I would suggest reading up a little bit on Astral Projection. You might find that with practice and determination you will be able to enjoy a new, blissful state of relaxation and revelation.
Crystalinks - Astral Projection

That may be a good place to start
peace, love, and may pleasant resonances bring you to harmonious cosmic balance

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AzraelTheBold

What does it mean if I can, while reading these posts, just still myself a little bit, attend to it and bring on the feeling without meditating? I estimate that the frequency is about 4Hz when I am just walking about but much higher after some willful meditation.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AzraelTheBold

Bookmarked for later read. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
No problem

Now, as for being able to feel the vibration in everyday activity, I'm afraid I can't explain. I do know that everyone has their own electromagnetic field around them, each with it's own resonance which IS a vibration...but I've never really felt it without any sort of meditation.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Have you ever seen a cardiologist? If you experience palpitations, pressure waves in your chest etc, it might be a good idea to have it checked by professionals.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I have never seen a cardiologist; nor have I ever had any abnormal awareness or feelings in heart rhythm. I can (while meditating) feel my pulse from anywhere in my body simply by focusing on it and have never thought it abnormal.

Thanks though; a little extra worry in my day is just what I needed.

It's never felt wrong, or even disconcerting; if and when it does I'll call my doctor

[edit on 8/21/2009 by eNumbra]

new topics

top topics

join