It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAS HIKE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Here where i live there is goin to be a 30 cent hike at midnight tonight somthing is brewing.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Quick, where are you?

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
No kidding. It went "down" here by almost 7 cents last night.

And how would you know?

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I live in North Carolina. But all those barrels of oil that cost a butload are finally shippin ova here and they will go up. Its pretty much a strong rumor now.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but the physical location of the oil has very very little to do with the price at the pump... That price is set by market demand, independent of the cost of the oil as it comes out of the ground.... The price is being artificially inflated to cash in on our collective unease...

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It's just going up because they anticipate a rise in cost, which could or couldn't happen. Parts of this country has been very cold also - that plays into it (heating oil)

BUT, it is rather dam high right now, isn't it?!? I'm paying about $1.65 a gallon - wtf is up with that? My daily commute is over 60 miles! This stinks, bob is irate!

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 05:37 AM
link   
we're averaging a$1.73 per!!!! premium is like 1.90. we went down at the start of the year it was like 1.23 in some places, then 1.40 which was reasonable. now it's just outta control.

i'm kicking myself for buying my gas guzzling ford...i'd rather kick some one else though. if it doesn't get better by spring, sistah will be using her bike to get back and forth to work. btw, i'm in Indy for those that don't already know.

[Edited on 14-2-2003 by Saphronia]

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Buy a bike.

There are very few people I've met who actually ~need~ a car.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   
yeah, Saph, I'm driving my wife's car that isn't as bad on gas as mine to and from work. But she drives a Saturn

I'd love to be able to get to work w/ out a car Lupe, trust me.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Lupe, go buy a map. You will be amazed at how big the U.S. really is
And before you say something irritating like "use public transportation" you should know that we are not a huge metropolis with busses running down every street.
Sometimes I really have to wonder where your logic comes from....
Would you ride a bike 60 miles round trip a day to go to work?

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
chill.
I was just baiting the pro gas lobby.
so far your the only one who took it.

but on that subject, I car pool. Cycle or use public transport anywhere else I need to get.

I do understand that this is impossible for many people.

Although I'm not quite sure why some people get round this impossibility by purchasing 30ft wide gas guzzling 4 wheel drive off road people movers with Bull bars and a winch in a city that consists mainly of nice flat roads and the odd puddle.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I agree with you on the SUV idiots and I'm glad you at least understand that it's not realistic for all of us to bike everywhere. (I drive a honda 4 cyl by the way) And I am by NO means a "pro gas" lobbyist. I am waiting with baited breath for my first fuel cell car actually

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101
Buy a bike.

My thoughts exactly.
Well done Lupe.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
tomorrow's prices likely won't be very pretty...

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I live in the 'burbs and work in another suburbian area about 35 miles away from home. I can't take a bus to get groceries, run errands, go to work etc. I'd freeze to death these days on a bike and it simply wouldn't make it through the snow. There is simply no public transportation available to me unless I want to drive or walk 6 miles or so to get a bus stop - which then only takes me into the city - which isn't where I work. I don't know why everyone gets on the SUV owners. I use more gas due to my commute and I know SUV owners that have smaller commutes than I, drive less and therefore 'offend' less. Aren't I a bigger problem?

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You guys still got it good.

$1.65/ gallon = $0.36/l
$1.73/ gallon = $0.38/l
$1.90/ gallon = $0.42/l

In Aruba it's (calculated to dollars) : $0.81/l

In the Netherlands (calculated to dollars): $1.37/l

new topics

top topics

join