It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Freepers cause the demise of Nick Berg?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
signature
Repugnants: I deeply hate them...and I'm proud of the hate.

Hate hate hate. The pot calling the kettle black.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
No, see. I can justify the hate. Its based upon the repeated evils of the repugnants. Its based upon Shock & Awe. Its based upon the 2000 Elections. Its based upon the rapes, bribes, and murders of the repugnants. Its justified and ancient.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
DU folks aren't rabid?

Shoot, I think there are as many zealot numbskulls at DU as their are in Freeperland.

There are civil and nice folks at both believe it or not.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You suckers really like to detract attention away from the topic!

These coincidences involving the Berg family have got my full attention! Michael Berg is labeled an 'enemy' by this right-wing group. He's obviously anti-Bush, anti-war and anti-BS! His son is later beheaded after being held by Iraqi police and questioned by the FBI. US officials are now claiming that he was told to leave Iraq and that they even offered him a plane ticket home (a month before the video was posted).

We need to create a timeline of our own because this isn't adding up!

My questions: Was he held by US forces for 13 days? Were they aware of his plan to return to the States March 30? When exactly did they advise Mr. Berg to leave Iraq? When exactly did they offer him a plane ticket home? Why are there discrepancies with the 'official' story and his parents recollection? Is the video of his beheading dated? (I haven't watched it) ........the list goes on and on.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Bangin, as usual, you are on point. We have left the topic. I think someone needs to look into this because it is my sneaking suspicion that the freepers are indirectly involved in this murder. The second website I gave you all was very thorough about the habits of the freeper and their cult-like vindictiveness to anyone who opposes Bush. I think we're on to something here. If Isee anymore on this, I will post it here.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
My questions: Was he held by US forces for 13 days? Were they aware of his plan to return to the States March 30? When exactly did they advise Mr. Berg to leave Iraq? When exactly did they offer him a plane ticket home? Why are there discrepancies with the 'official' story and his parents recollection? Is the video of his beheading dated? (I haven't watched it) ........the list goes on and on.

I saw the video. Its strange, Its five minutes or so of a speech. Yet, as i watched, somethng popped up as strange.

1) The guy was wearing a prison jumpsuit like the ones in Gitmo.
2) The hands of the killers were pinkish in color. When was the last time you saw an Arab with pink skin?
3) The guys standing around seemed restless and fidgetty.
4) When they went to cut his throat, he wasn't fighting as they held him down.
5)The tape was clearly edited.
6) The guy was reading from some documents but everytime he flipped a page he always seemed to be on the last page page he flipped from.
7) No blood. After the guy got his head cut, there was no spray of blood on the walls or nothing.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I saw the video. Its strange, Its five minutes or so of a speech. Yet, as i watched, somethng popped up as strange.

1) The guy was wearing a prison jumpsuit like the ones in Gitmo.
2) The hands of the killers were pinkish in color. When was the last time you saw an Arab with pink skin?
3) The guys standing around seemed restless and fidgetty.
4) When they went to cut his throat, he wasn't fighting as they held him down.
5)The tape was clearly edited.
6) The guy was reading from some documents but everytime he flipped a page he always seemed to be on the last page page he flipped from.
7) No blood. After the guy got his head cut, there was no spray of blood on the walls or nothing.

First, I'm down with a timeline, that could help us out.

Secondly, why was it he was held by us and offered an out in the first place?

Third, do you have a link to the video? I can't find it.

Thanks
KJ

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Octavia Nasr debunks Washington's Al-Zarqawi & Al Qaeda claims in Berg Beheading Case
Posted May 13, 2004 07:30 AM PST

NASR: Yes, and if you listen to these voices that we're hearing on Arab networks, Iraqis are condemning this execution. And they're saying these are foreigners. These are not Iraqis. They do not represent us and so forth.

Now, of course, the original claim was that Zarqawi is the actual man who performed this execution. Our experts listened to the accent, as you said, and they determined the accent is not Jordanian...

O'BRIEN: He is a Jordanian who is working supposedly, allegedly, at the behest of al Qaeda in Iraq. So go ahead.

NASR: Right, he is very close to bin Laden, and works, you're right, as an agent of al Qaeda in Iraq. Now, the accent is not Jordanian so that takes the Jordanian element out of the story immediately.

O'BRIEN: Interesting. All right, now one final thought here. You did a very careful translation of your own, of the statement. And in it, you see no reference to al Qaeda. And yet the official U.S. government translation does. Explain how that happened.

NASR: Oh, I find it very interesting, because out of the blue, there is a mention of al Qaeda on the U.S. government translation. It says: "Does al Qaeda need any further excuses?" Any speaker of the Arabic language is going to notice a difference between the word al Qaeda, which means "the base," and al qaed, which means "the one sitting, doing nothing."

My translation says: "Is there any excuse for the one who sits down and does nothing?" Basically they're telling people, you have no excuse for not doing anything, for not acting and defending Islam and so forth. Whereas the U.S. government translation has this factual error, I'm sure it's an honest mistake, but basically it sort of adds al Qaeda to the statement, which is not on the statement.

Words "Al Qaeda" not actually in the beheading tape. The accent is wrong for the real Zarqawi (who should limp from his artificial leg even if reports of his prior death are wrong). The Iraqis are saying these were "foreigners" carrying out the beheading, and as we see in the tape, they have white skin, as white as Nick himself. And weapons experts have identified the AK-47 carried by one man as the "Gilal", the Israeli-made variant of that weapon.

Now, who could those foreigners be, I wonder?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Berg had told friends he was arrested by Iraqi police in Mosul because he had an Israeli stamp in his passport. In e-mails released by his family, Berg wrote about his experiences in trying to track down and later meet an in-law in the Mosul area.

Freeper Alert

In Mosul, police chief Maj. Gen. Mohammed Khair al-Barhawi insisted Thursday that his department had never arrested Berg and maintained he had no knowledge of the case.

"The Iraqi police never arrested the slain American," al-Barhawi told reporters. "Take it from me ... that such reports are baseless."

Freeper Alert

Since Iraq remains under U.S. military occupation, it seems unlikely that the Iraqi police would have held Berg, or any other American, for such a length of time without at least the tacit approval of U.S. authorities.

"The Iraqi police do not tell the FBI what to do, the FBI tells the Iraqi police what to do," Berg's father, Michael Berg told the AP. "Who do they think they're kidding?"

Freeper Alert

The younger Berg told his family that U.S. officials took custody of him soon after his arrest and he was not allowed to make phone calls or contact a lawyer, his father said.

Kimmitt said U.S. forces kept tabs on Berg during his confinement to make sure he was being fed and properly treated because "he was an American citizen."

But the three FBI visits suggest American authorities were concerned about more than Berg's well-being. They may have had their own suspicions about what the young American was doing in Iraq.

Freeper Alert

Two e-mails Berg sent to his family and friends show he traveled widely and unguarded throughout Iraq, an unsafe practice rarely done by Westerners.

Shortly before Berg's disappearance, he was warned by the FBI that Iraq was too volatile a place for unprotected American civilians and that he could be harmed, a senior FBI official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Wednesday.

Officials said the U.S. government warned Berg to leave Iraq, and offered him a flight out of the country, a month before his grisly death.

www.cbsnews.com...

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by Colonel]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Nice find, Colonel!

NASR: Oh, I find it very interesting, because out of the blue, there is a mention of al Qaeda on the U.S. government translation. It says: "Does al Qaeda need any further excuses?" Any speaker of the Arabic language is going to notice a difference between the word al Qaeda, which means "the base," and al qaed, which means "the one sitting, doing nothing."

My translation says: "Is there any excuse for the one who sits down and does nothing?"

That is a huge mistranslation, if true! I wish there were some Arabic speaking members on ATS!

worldwatcher recently noticed the transcript says they offered to trade Mr. Berg for prisoners at Abu Ghraib but US refused! I didn't think this could get any more interesting!

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What really could be happening here is this:

1) Getting Americans enraged to continue with the war
2) Divert our attention from the sex pics (at such an opportune time when the world was revulsed by them)
3) Hurt a anti-war guy

Really, what would Al-Queda have to gain by doing this when the whole world was hating "The Great Satan" after those prison pics? We were already shooitng ourselves in the foot.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
"CIA did it to take the heat off the Pentagon"--NBC reporter
Wed May 12, 2004 23:17

"...the CIA did it to take the heat off the Pentagon"--NBC reporter stated tonight prime time news, continuing, "...a story that will not die easily here in the Arab world".
NBC Nightly News with Tom Brokaw, May 12th

Thus said the reporter from NBC News already "innoculating" the public against this reasonable "conspiracy theory" being promulgated by more questioning minds in both America and overseas. BUT IT MAKES ALL THE SENSE IN THE WORLD!

The previous article posted, "Fishy Circumstances and Flawed Timelines" is worth reading, especially the numbered observations at the close of the article. But there is more to add:

1. Both Drudge and Aljazeera report that "��A body found on Monday by US military patrol along a roadside over the weekend was identified as Berg's."

ALJAZEERA
english.aljazeera.net...

Read up on the true mystery. This just gets deeper and deeper.

disc.server.com...

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

worldwatcher recently noticed the transcript says they offered to trade Mr. Berg for prisoners at Abu Ghraib but US refused! I didn't think this could get any more interesting!

Negotiating with terrorists is not part of our arsenal, nor of many countries' aresnal. Even if we would consider such a trade, the timeline doesn't work. It was way too soon to even consider a trade; most likely they didn't even have a good knowledge of who Berg was at this point.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
You know what's funny, Jobsecky? You're here talking about terrorists and "evile-doers." On top of this page I see:

ATSNN: English Words Heard on the Nick Berg Beheading Video!

Maybe, the freepers did do it.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

On top of this page I see:

ATSNN: English Words Heard on the Nick Berg Beheading Video!

Maybe, the freepers did do it.

Yeah, sure. I saw a list of their enemies. Grandmas for Peace is on the list, too. Maybe they will be targeted next.

The book isn't closed on that particular assertion, colonel. Last I heard, after passing the audio through some professional editing/recording software, the only English words that turned up was the word "huh". All the rest is Arabic.

You really should work on your spelling, too, especially when it comes to a persons' username.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Whatever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join