It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found something VERY disturbing here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Is ATS working for third parties and scrutinizing those investigating 9/11?

Too many threads I read about 9/11 had this notice at the bottom:

"Due to member demand, this thread is under scrutiny"

First I thought it's fair enough, someone may be upset about the subject but it doesn't make sense that every thread related have this notice?

You can do a search on this site for the term "thermite" for example. I did and I opened the first 10 unique threads, they all had the scrutiny mention.

Is someone or a group of people flagging every thread on the subject to ATS staff?

Moreover many of those threads have no usual infighting and are very well written.

So instead I tried to search for the term "Hitler", usually a lot of people are offended :

Surprise surprise... NONE of the threads were under scrutiny.
Even a thread called "hitler was the best thing that happened to the jewish"

This worries me and all those doing too much work trying to get to the truth may put themselves at risk (if ATS decides to share data with this 'member'). BEcause someone is obviously trying too hard to single out every 9/11 posts and ATS is willing to help.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by TheOracle]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It's because every 9/11 thread used to have people just bashing each other and people getting banned for their behaviour frequently.

The notice appears on every single 9/11 thread to remind people that they're being monitored for their behaviour and language.

It's not a big conspiracy, it's a matter of respect and decency.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I'm sorry but the OP brings up a valid point. you may be right but since you are not a mod of any kind you are not in the know for sure and maybe we should let a mod sound off?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
To be in the know, all you have to do is read the sticky at the top of the 9/11 forum. He states very clearly his reasoning why every thread is under close scrutiny. A little bit more news would be that every thread is spidered and brought up in google results so that anyone will be able to scrutinize.

Honestly, if it were a big conspiracy, would they really tell you by putting that at the bottom of the thread? Thats like letting the perps know they are running a sting operation on them.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by No Caps No Spaces

I may not be a MOD and the OP may, in your opinion, have a valid point.

But this SAME question has been brought up 100's of time before.

And do you know what??

The answer never changes

So yes.... wait for a mod if you like, or just read what i wrote and let it sink in... up to you.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

There are many different threads just on this topic alone, about the moderating and monitoring of 9/11 threads themselves.

Here is one from 2006 :

**POLICY STATEMENT FOR THE 9/11 FORUM: ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ**

While blupblup and I may not be Moderators, we have been around long enough to have seen, known, and heard of the infighting about this topic.

It is a highly charged and highly controversial topic, just based on the events, whether you agree with the official Government version, or whether you have a "conspiracy theory" about who did what and why Cheney pulled the master set of puppet strings on the event, or whether Bush is Emperor Palpatine and Cheney is Darth Vader (this is absurd of course you know, Bush is Vader and Cheney is Palpatine
) is irrelevant.

The fact is that the event, was a heinous event, it makes people gnash their teeth on both sides, and because humans being human, they tend to want to stab each others eyes out when they disagree, and the Adminstration of ATS took it upon themselves to monitor that forum area more so than others, because of this type of reaction.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
....and it's automated, I'm pretty sure....keywords and such....seems to me that ANY thread with 9/11 in it will trigger that banner....even before, logically, any human being has had a chance to see it...computers are great. They can even babysit us.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

If you mouse click over the flashing

"Due to member demand, this thread is under scrutiny"

it takes you to the relevant thread explaining why it's there.

This appears on all 9/11 forum threads.

In the future if you have questions about ATS please feel free to ask yours in the The ATS Issues Thread

Closed.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
My apologies to Jack for reopening this thread but one last thing needed to be said. This came as a result of a constant and outrageous lack of decorum. 9/11 is not the only forum that we have had to implement this. Check any thread in Secret Societies and you will note the same admonition at the top of the page. No conspiracy, just a reining in on the bickering.

top topics

join