It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ideally, who would you like to see as Pres?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Is there anyone Republican or Democrat you would like to see as president and why?

I'd kinda like to see Powell in there.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I agree Powell would make the best bet on the Republican side. I would really like to see Jesse Ventura be voted in, about time we had a no bullsh*t president! I have yet to see ANYONE on the democrat side that has any chance at getting elected, or who wouldnt totally destroy the country if he got in

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I still Love Ross Perot.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I agree Ross Perot is a good choice, but I believe he has a black eye with the American public. I could see him as the financier/running mate for Jesse Ventura however

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
i dunno what about ultra phoenix

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
All these celebrities seem so knowledgeable in all things political these days, they should run for pres.

Powell, rather than Cheney will probably be the GOP candidate after Bush. I�ve also liked �the straight talk express� and wouldn�t mind a McCain/Powell ticket. The other team has no QB, issues, or sense � so I don�t care for any of the dems.

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Bob, I have to disagree on McCain... he is a democrat in republican clothing, and is a sleaze... check his voting record, he is right up there with Feinstein and Daschle. I think electing him would be about the same as electing Gore.... besides the fact, I understand that Powell cant stand him

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I really couldn't support any of those people mentioned so far...I'd still have to keep my vote as "No Confidence".

All I really know is that I wouldn't want to have the job...A guy would have to be mentally unstable to *want* a job that puts that kind of pressure on him. Have you ever compared photos of Presidents between Inauguration Day & his last day in Office? Four years looks to age the man ten years in the process!

I don't *want* the job, but if it was thrust onto me, I'd do the best things I could think of for the nation...

1) Disband the Federal Reserve, return this country to a gold-backed economy & put the power of "coining" our money back into the hands of Congress (Where is started & where it never should've left).

2) Serious downsizing! The government is way too big & has its hands in too many pies...Including pies that the Constitution granted to the States & the People. Yes, this includes abolishing the Income Tax...It was Amended into the Constitution as a *direct contradiction* to the Constitution itself. I'd see about putting in another Amendment that cancels it. What? You don't think that can be done? How about "The Prohibition" Amendment & the Amendment that cancels it? After downsizing, the government wouldn't be *nearly* as expensive to keep it running, so the extra funds wouldn't even be missed...But I'm pretty sure that the People have been missing it *a lot* over all of these years. Let 'em keep it! After all, they worked for it & earned it.

3) Repeal all previous "Emergency Actions" as produced by prior Presidents...Due to this problem, America has been in a *constant* "state of emergency" for longer than I've been alive!

4) Declare a National Holiday to give all of the Working Joes another paid day off from work! I might even require that Unions are mandatory for any business that has over 200 employees. *Somebody* has to keep unethical business practices in check!

5) Step down from Office & let the Vice President carry on from there...The *job* of President sucks, but the retirement benefits are pretty d@mn good! As long as I survive long enough to step down without being Impeached, I'll get to collect on those benefits!

I know, I know, you're going to say, "But MDS, there's so much more that needs to be done! You've barely scratched the surface!" True, but I think the points I've covered would be *more* than enough to cover a four-year term...And I'd at least be getting things back on a track that this nation should've never gotten derailed from. Other people can pick up from there...

PS: If there's anyone here who'd like to debate over who I'd appoint for my Cabinet, feel free to put on a pair of boxing gloves & "debate" over it amongst yourselves...Let me know of the results afterwards...

[Edited on 14-2-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Feb, 13 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
MidnightDStroyer,

Love your views man...wish it was that easy.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
...I never said that it would be easy...

Look again where I pointed out what type of stress that the Office puts on those who occupy it...That's why I wouldn't *want* the job...

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I would actually like to be president (due to my education record/lack of being in an influential family it will never happen) I dont have enough time to describe what i'd like to do, but surprisingly my ideas are similiar to yours

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I am totally disillusioned with the Republican party; the last time I saw such a bunch of spineless 'YES' men who didn't give a damn about anything else except placating the boss, I was in Tokyo!
There is truly not a matching set of balls in the Republican party, on the national stage, exhibited by anyone. Even my friend Pete King ( R-NY-Congress) did something this week I've never seen him do: spout the company line.
Same thing with Richard Shelby, who I thought was a respectable 'America first' not 'Republican first' senator, he's selling us out on the 9/11 investigation.
Sadly, while I can't endorse Democrats across the board, I think we ALL have to OPPOSE Republicans across the board because they are selling out the country at every turn by blindly supporting Bush like Brown Shirt Fascists.
Give me JFK or Graham from Florida: both are proven, vote closer down the middle than anyone on the GOP side, have strong pro-business ideas that reflect solutions to the situation we are in - not an idiotic Regean repeat of voodoo economics like what's tanking the country now, are fiscally conservative, favor broad group tax cuts and are Clinton school on foreign policy - which is to engage the issue & immerse the best minds available on the problem - not run away from it and hide like the Bush strategy.
A Kerry/Graham ticket would be unbeatable.

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm all for Powell. Love to see some more diversity in the presidential area.

Is it just me or do we not elect anybody but white Prodistants?(sp?) I mean Kennedy was Catholic (but look what happened to him)...and that's it! That's it! All white, and all but one Prodistant.

And people say that the elections are rigged...GEE DO YA THINK! OF COURSE THEY ARE!

Now "who is rigging the presidency" is the question. I think we should find out. We should once and for all have a "free" election. One where nobody cares what other people think, and vote in the person who is right for the job.

That's the problem. Too many people are afraid of loosing their position by crossing some group because he voted for someone who wasn't white, or wasn't prodistant.

Like I said before, America is in need of some serious changes, before it's too late. And ladies and gentlemen, it's almost too late.

There is going to be a lot of bad shoot comin' over the horizon. If we are not strong enough when the shoot settles around us, we are goin' down. You can kiss goodbye to America. *blows a kiss* Goodbye land of the free, home of the brave(and ignorant).

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Powell....he is wise man!

posted on Feb, 14 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Has anyone read the book Votescam??? If so, please post a review... I need to order it.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Well, who ever you collectivly choose, you better get him in there, REAL QUICK!

top topics

join