It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets fall on Afghan cities as polls open

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Rockets fall on Afghan cities as polls open

www.reuters.com

KABUL (Reuters) - Sporadic attacks hit Afghan towns as polls opened on Thursday for an anxiously awaited presidential election that Taliban fighters have vowed to disrupt, but the United Nations said the turnout was encouraging.

"The vast majority of polling stations have been able to open and have received voting materials," said Aleem Siddique, spokesman for the U.N. mission in Kabul.

"There have been a number of attacks, particularly in the south and east of the country. But we are seeing queues forming at polling stations in the north, also in the capital, as well as, encouragingl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
If you live in afghanistan and you don't know who you are voting for you better figure it out quickly.

This article came on google as "Rockets fall on afghanistan..." However since then there has been an update and the headline is now "Sporadic attacks across Afghanistan as polls open" and the article itself no mention of rockets. However, I did take a screen shot of the original article headline from my google search.

So what did I do, I opened it, realized the headline changed and then went back to my google search, hit the refresh button and what do you know?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-8-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Afghanistan's presidential election has long been viewed by U.S. officials as a key to conferring legitimacy on the Afghan government, but Afghan President Hamid Karzai and his powerful warlord allies have planned to commit large-scale electoral fraud that could have the opposite effect.

The 2004 election was also fraudulent, and only the individuals who are American puppets are permitted to commit fraud in the election.

new topics

top topics

join