It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be government take over of hospitals in the U.S. ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If this government healthcare bill gets passed by the democrats I truly believe America's hospitals will end up being taken over by the government mark my
words. If a hospital needs hi tech specialized equipment such as a MRI machine will the hospital be denied the MRI machine even though it is needed?

I do not trust anything this administration says and watch at the last minute before the healthcare bill that Congress tries to pass, if they don't try to slip in an extra 350 pages into the bill. This way at the last minute the Weople do not have the time to read what congress slipped into the bill.

Further more it takes a rocket scientist to dissect what is meant by the gooply gop written in the existing healthcare bill in other words the average citizen does not understand what is written or the true meaning of what is written in the existing 1100 page bill. Can you say tax code. Our government still can not give you a straight answer of what the specific meanings are in the tax codes when filling out you taxes to be filed. ^Y^

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'm still amazed that people want the same people who brought us the housing mess to bring us this magical healthcare system that will solve all our problems. If people are complaining that we're ranked 37th, just wait to see what we're ranked once the gov't gets through with it. Look at what a great job the gov't is doing with the public education system. Once the gov't is through with thier healthcare plan and cap and trade, you won't have too much left over to get anywhere after taxes, but you'll have a healthcare system that'll be a huge red tape mess, yeah something to look forward to.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
If it gets passed? There is no doubt in my military mind that this bill will be passed. And that there will be a public option why? Because the congress people want it to they are on board and it will be a big middle finger to those of us who went to the town halls and complained it will be our punishment. but that is my opinion

and will they take over hospitals they will have no choice as soon as this bill passes people that donate to hospitals will pull there cash out no money to be made there and the government will have to bail them out imo.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by amari
If this government healthcare bill gets passed by the democrats I truly believe America's hospitals will end up being taken over by the government mark my
words. If a hospital needs hi tech specialized equipment such as a MRI machine will the hospital be denied the MRI machine even though it is needed?

I do not trust anything this administration says and watch at the last minute before the healthcare bill that Congress tries to pass, if they don't try to slip in an extra 350 pages into the bill. This way at the last minute the Weople do not have the time to read what congress slipped into the bill.

Further more it takes a rocket scientist to dissect what is meant by the gooply gop written in the existing healthcare bill in other words the average citizen does not understand what is written or the true meaning of what is written in the existing 1100 page bill. Can you say tax code. Our government still can not give you a straight answer of what the specific meanings are in the tax codes when filling out you taxes to be filed. ^Y^

OK for one, it seems you are not very well read on the Government option proposal which is circling the drain.

IF it was past, a board of trustees the same entity that decides NOW would make the decisions you address. Same group that made the decisions today at your local hospital , that is the foundation of all four plans which include a public option.

At the same time you buying in 100% hook line and sinker only betters the healthcare industry.

You should inform your self so you are on the side of AMERICANS which is not the governments way or the Industries way.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Universal health care cannot work in the current conditions of the medical system. Health care is overpriced, so the only way to make medical coverage possible is to reduce the cost of treatments. I think they should have both private and public institutions, but the gov has to make a move to create affordable treatment options and bring the health care prices down.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
You got to be kidding me the government control healthcare and control what the doctors and hospitals get paid. This guarantees that the Weople in this country will have less practicing doctors to go to for their healthcare. Less students interring medical school to become doctors. This will have the whole country rationing healthcare for the Weople.

Lets look at how the government operates today and what shape things are in that they control. Can you say Post Office $Billions$ in the hole, Amtrak, Social Security and Medicare for example that are all in serious financial trouble. The Weoples healthcare system will be in the hands and control of our Communisty Organizer if the government controlled Healthcare plan passes.

If the healthcare system is not broke do not fix it. Hospitals need the latest in Laser technology lets say for the eyes, brain and skin and the innovation to develop such technologies will be deterred by putting the clamps on free enterprise by government control of an industry that is already the greatest healthcare system in the world. No healthcare system is perfect but why does the world come to America for their treatment of ailments? We all know the reason.

You have got a bunch of Congressman that are sitting in D.C. on their pedestals on top of their ivory towers talking down to the Weople and think they know how to run the Weoples lives better then they do themselves. It is all about control. ^Y^

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Let me tell you about public option for healthcare do you realize that private insurance companies go by actuary tables and have to predict what they think their outlay in expenditures will be when it comes to payout for their customers healthcare needs.

You take millions of paying customers out of the private insurance sector and the insurance companies will have to increase cost per customer in other words raise the cost of premiums to cover their losses and expenditures to make a profit. Now you say the Weople have and option and now there is no way the private sector can compete financially because of millions of paying customers being diverted to a government run and controlled healthcare plan. ^Y^

[edit on 20-8-2009 by amari]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
the part that i can't mentally cope with is that I will forced to participate with their health plan or be prepared to pay fines until i break down and sign up.

so what happens when vaccinations are forced on us? will we be fined to participate?, rounded up and held down whilst we are jabbed in the shoulder with the new save all, "vaccination"...

am i the only one that can see this power grab escalating to this point?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well First of all, the bill will be passed that is what they government will do first, regardless of opposition.

This is going to be the "greatest achievement for the Obama administration even if turns into crap.

Now for the take over of hospitals, I will have to say that YES, it will happen, as many hospitals in the nation are privately run and if their source of gouging and reaping profits is ended they will go bankrupt

So the government will have to step in to either bail them out or take over.

So once the bill pass, we should just seat in the front grab our pop corn and see the nation turn more and more into crap.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
our health care is not perfect when we are charged by the hospital $10 dollars for a syrenge they used, or $15 dollars for one tylenol pill....etc

but this is because they have to pay for liability insurance for malpractice suits. so who is to blame?
THE LAWYERS THAT BRING N ANY SUIT THEY CAN GET AND TRY TO GET THE HOSPITALS TO BUCKLE AND SETTLE.

The answer is TORT REFORM.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You have said it all, with all the $Trillions$ of dollars in financial wows our

country is experiencing the timing for introducing this healthcare bill could

not be any worse. Do you realize that over 360,000 homes were foreclosed

on just last month in The United States OF America.

We need to fix our country and not the healthcare system. This

community organizer has his priorities mixed up on how to turn the economy

around. The Weople are not guinea pigs although I think the government

thinks so because we are being experimented on when it comes to our

reactions to what they are doing to us when it comes to their inept mentality

and decisions they are making when it comes to running this economy into

the ground. ^Y^

[edit on 20-8-2009 by amari]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by No Caps No Spaces
our health care is not perfect when we are charged by the hospital $10 dollars for a syrenge they used, or $15 dollars for one tylenol pill....etc

but this is because they have to pay for liability insurance for malpractice suits. so who is to blame?
THE LAWYERS THAT BRING N ANY SUIT THEY CAN GET AND TRY TO GET THE HOSPITALS TO BUCKLE AND SETTLE.

The answer is TORT REFORM.

You are so right and how many attorneys are in Congress can you say 1/3.

Could the government regulate a cap on what is paid out in malpractice suits of

course but they are in bed with the lobbyists.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by amari

it is this country's dirty secret that it is run by lawyers for lawyers.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
If it gets passed? There is no doubt in my military mind that this bill will be passed. And that there will be a public option why? Because the congress people want it to they are on board and it will be a big middle finger to those of us who went to the town halls and complained it will be our punishment. but that is my opinion

and will they take over hospitals they will have no choice as soon as this bill passes people that donate to hospitals will pull there cash out no money to be made there and the government will have to bail them out imo.

Oh how right you are this will have a domino affect in our hospitals but the

Ivory Tower Gang must think the healthcare plan is all in the name of buying

votes for reelection and lets not forget the Pelosi's illegals that need to be

taken care of with the government run healthcare plan. Who will pay for all

of that you guessed it the Weople.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by amari

Yes that is my point also, we need health care reform but our economic crisis right now that is already a full blown depression is not the right time for this endeavor and political game because that is what it is right now.

Looking for votes before mid term elections, that is why this bill is so important even if it turns into crap at the end.

That is how politics are played in this nation at our expenses.

The unemployment numbers keep raising, that means no taxable income to support this bill or any bill right now.

But it will be rammed into our orifices regardless, so hey get ready because the pony show is just going to get started.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by No Caps No Spaces
the part that i can't mentally cope with is that I will forced to participate with their health plan or be prepared to pay fines until i break down and sign up.

so what happens when vaccinations are forced on us? will we be fined to participate?, rounded up and held down whilst we are jabbed in the shoulder with the new save all, "vaccination"...

am i the only one that can see this power grab escalating to this point?

I took the swine flu vaccination in the 1970s and was sicker then a dog. You

must realize this community organizer wants to control every aspect of your

life. He wants to organize and reorganize the Weoples lives including your

children's lives. Doesn't it seem strange that these flu outbreaks can be

predicted so accurately and vaccinations being readied ahead of time. Can

you say drug companies can you say profits.

It will come a time that all of us will have to choose to be vaccinated or not.

This is all I will say about this in fear of being________. ^Y^

top topics

join