It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA fat-shames in "Save the Whales" campaign

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I can't believe I just went to a Feminist site... still shocked.

But yeah, PETA does more harm then good, I don't get who their marketers are, or who comes up with the idea of making fun of what 90% of america...

The thing is, we've all seen that girl at the beach, about 300 pounds. In a two piece.

As Brian said best "Looks like a walrus flossing".

Yeah, umm... it's not pretty. Although, maybe a few hundreds years ago yeah... but different times.

Still don't think this is out and out a good method.

I don't know alot about PETA, but they do alot of damage to their own cause.

You can't really humiliate people for physical characteristics, to get them to do something...

Maybe you can.

I'm shocked that I do but I agree 100% with republican08.

PETA is harming their own cause using advertising tactics that will only generate backlash from the public.

While I like that they care for endangered species and animals in general they just have to take it too far.

Edit Add: Nobody is going to stop me from enjoying the occasional cheeseburger from time to time.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Oh PETA...just sucks. All PETA wants here is attention, that has always been their goal, attention, no matter how or what they do to receive it. It angers the normal human, and the extremist "sell your soul to save a rat" do have so much fun when the stones start getting thrown. To them they just want a few more souls at the end of their camp.

I actually hope these feminists & PETA take each other out. But i'd still wish for feminists to come out on top, at least they put human life before that of an animal.

On the vegetarian side of things, what do they feed the dogs, cats etc in their care? Seriously, no meat for the carni's or omnivores? The animals in PETA's care can't even stand these cult nuts.

[edit on 8/20/2009 by qonone]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
wellll
not ingesting corpses does lower cholesterol, cancer risk, obesity, and many other bad things. and you dont need to kill millions of animals for food. and it saves land and water, that can feed more people. and it stops the spread of food borne pathogens in food and on factory farms.
but apprently this billboard is hurting soem feelings, so i guess getting all pissy at PETA is ok, since the fat chicks feel bad, but not bad enough to chance their eating habits.

I am just amazed by your (?) I don't even have a word for it. So everything will just be fine and dandy if fat women stop eating meat? HAHAHAHA Sorry. Did anyone ever stop and think maybe these women are eating fatty food cause there is no other option? Not everyone can afford to buy high priced fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. Most can't even afford to buy those big juicy cuts of meat. Go to walmart and watch what sells in the food aisles.It is boxed, packaged, processed , cheap food. High in fat, high cholesterol,hydrogenated soybean oil(I'd like to add that farmers also give soybeans to fatten up cattle). Most food available , that is affordable, is heavily processed. It's like blaming global warming on a cow that farts. It just has no other option.LOL

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by glevel

LOL. Why hasn't peta gone after the countless animal cruelties in District 9? Instead they go after women. Good God these people are dumb.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have zero doubt that if it were a man in a bikini with his blubber hanging out, no one would oppose it. It is truly comical on two levels: PETA portraying a woman in a two-piece bathing suit when she has no business doing so, and feminists yet again taking offense to something that could be argued on many different levels, targeting fat people or woman.

I think PETA should have put a Seagull picking out a fish from her blubber, but that would be hypocritical now wouldn't it. Not to them, no. Obviously logic doesn't apply to PETA. An animal can eat meat, or in the case of the example, fish, but a Human can only eat vegetables.

They praise life of animals, but not humans? Not plants either? Doesn't ALL life have value? Should we not eat plants too because it eats and breathes as well? Should we figure out a way to use photosynthesis to produce our own food?

My stance on this is simple: both sides should shut up, feminists even more so however.

If the people of Jacksonville, or anywhere for that matter, truly wish to lose their weight, they will find a way. They are aware of their own weight problem and how unpleasant it is, so advertising a vegan lifestyle is redundant.

As for the feminists...

I don't even know what to say. They are obnoxiously similar to the NAACP.

Enough said.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

well if you lied the first time, why sohuld anyone believe anything you are saying now?
and the vast majority of people, meat eaters and vegetarians included, have a diet that is complete #. its entirely possible to be 100% healthy when not eating meat.,
and more importantly, you arent involved in MURDERING livestock ona daily basis.
but hey, why bother to care about other creatures if you dont even care about yourself enough to eat a healthy diet.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

grats on being a typical uneducated interent poster.
its far cheaper to buy veggies and other staple foods and prepare your own meals, if you think otherwise you are wrong. a meal at mcdonalds cost like 8 bucks, and you eat 1 time. for that 8 bucks i can cook for 2 days worth of food.
and i wouldnt know anything aobut waht sells at walmart, since i refuse to go in to the place. but again, if it is what your into, im sorry.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by carnival_of_souls2047

after a while heart dieseas will stop you from enjoying that cheesburger without anyone else needing to interefer at all

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by qonone

The animals in PETA's care can't even stand these cult nuts.

The animals in PETA's care end up dead. As one PETA meber said to me "I rather see horses extinct than owned by humans!"

PETA is not about animals it is about property ownership, however if they tried to tell the American public they were going to take their homes away from them they would get no where. Instead we have the "save the....." used to take away private property rights piece by piece and the gullible public falls for it every time.

I loved the purposed law in Tennessee that would allow complete inspection of your home on a surprise basis if you owned a pet. That such a law would be given serious consideration in the USA would have made my grandparents ill.... Come to think of it it make me ill.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
PETA needs to get a life! This is just wrong IMO. I know a few vegetarians who ARE overweight so this is just crap IMO.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm a huge animal lover.

Broiled, grilled or slow roasted.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/be123f4ae191c4db.jpg[/atsimg]

As my favorite food guy Anthony Bourdain says, "Mmmmm... tastes like it died screaming."

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I just love how PETA stereotyped a whole segment of the population with their assumptions people are fat because they eat meat and overindulge. Believe it or not there are overweight people who are vegans and vegetarians.

The billboard reminded me of being in elementary school where insensitive juveniles made fun of the chubby kid. The saying was children can be so cruel, those kids are grown up with children of their own and they're still cruel.

There are other reasons as to why people gain weight such as problems with the pituitary gland, thyroid gland, liver, systemic yeast infection, Adenovirus-36, medications, certain cancers, chemicals added to the food supply, among innumerable other causes which have nothing to do with eating meat or overeating in general.

To refer to a fat woman as a whale or blubber is shameful considering they claim they're for the ethical and humane treatment of animals. Hmm I suppose it's easier to be ethical and humane with animals than people?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
this is OLD
and meat is still murder and yes, you are a terrible person if you dont understand that simple concept.
and regardless of waht you all say indefense of your gluttonous ways, its still 100% not needed in 2009. you can live off of healthier, cheaper, and evnrionmentally freindly food that isnt a corpse.
and imo, the only people who will take offense to this are fat meat eaters.
scared of the truth when it looks at you hard.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

same piece of land can grow 10 pounds of vegetation that the same piece can grow 1 pound of meat on.
ecoli and salmonella are caused by crosscontamination of feces or raw meats. thats probably the dumbest argument ive seen so far aobut not eating meat.
ground water is polluted beyond repair already, doenst matter if its emat or veggies growing there at this point.
and the carbs in fruit are healthy. something you dont knwo much about based on your avatar photo.

I seriously doubt the Scottish Highlands, the same place where flocks of sheep graze, could support much crop at all. Stop pushing an agenda nobody is interested in. We like meat. It tastes good.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
As a fat man I have to take exception to this. It is sexist in the extreme. Fat men in swimsuits look just as bad as fat women do. PETA you should be ashamed.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
As a fat man I have to take exception to this. It is sexist in the extreme. Fat men in swimsuits look just as bad as fat women do.

As to who looks better or worse in a swimsuit is a matter of personal opinion but yes one can look at their billboard as being sexist to the max.

PETA you should feel ashamed.

I doubt they feel ashamed even if someone of their members were alienated by the billboard.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Chai_An]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join