It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answering a theist on aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
At one point in my life, I have been asked what I would think if an alien race came down and told us about god. I have an answer. There are many things to take into consideration with this. Perhaps they are JW like aliens, perhaps they are the few remaining believers of their species and the rest are atheistic. Do they have evidence? What if they are only technologically advance but not advance common sense wise. What if they stole the ship or reverse engineered it. Most of all, why would an alien land here just to talk about god? Wouldn't it be more like a first contact kind of thing. Also, I can assure any theist that if aliens land here to talk about god, you wouldn't like it either. They could have a different god and that would lead people away from YOUR religion.

TL;DR: if aliens land here to talk about god, there are many things that have to be taken into consideration before jumping to conclusion.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by otto octavius]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by otto octavius
At one point in my life, I have been asked what I would think if an alien race came down and told us about god. I have an answer. There are many things to take into consideration with this. Perhaps they are JW like aliens, perhaps they are the few remaining believers of their species and the rest are atheistic. Do they have evidence? What if they are only technologically advance but not advance common sense wise. What if they stole the ship or reverse engineered it. Most of all, why would an alien land here just to talk about god? Wouldn't it be more like a first contact kind of thing. Also, I can assure any theist that if aliens land here to talk about god, you wouldn't like it either. They could have a different god and that would lead people away from YOUR religion.

TL;DR: if aliens land here to talk about god, there are many things that have to be taken into consideration before jumping to conclusion.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by otto octavius]

Yeah like how about showing us the proof of god being the first question to ask them!!
DUH!!!

[edit on 19-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I'm quite sure we will try to establish a relationship with the aliens before going into details of religion.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
why would an extra terrestrial opinion of god be any more valid than an earthly one ?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Some might think that because they are so technologically advance, they would be right about everything. This was to prove that the idea of god from an alien might not be right under some circumstances.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by otto octavius
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Some might think that because they are so technologically advance, they would be right about everything. This was to prove that the idea of god from an alien might not be right under some circumstances.

If they can prove it in understandable terms that would be fine. But there's much more important topics to discuss with them first.

top topics

join