It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu aside, do you/have you gotten other vaccinations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Mods, if this is the wrong place to put this, feel free to move it.

With all this talk of swine flu and the vaccine and avoiding the vaccine, I am just curious if it's the swine flu vaccine ONLY that you are against or the majority of them all. I know that most of you had no control over what you were vaccinated for as a child, but what about now? For example, if you cut yourself and had to go to ER for stitches, would you get a tetanus shot? If you were tested and told that you have no immunity to measles, would you get the immunization? What about your children? Do you have them immunized? And if you choose not to get yourself or your children vaccinated, do you avoid ALL vaccines or just pick and choose certain ones? Do you get a yearly flu shot?

I am just curious because the swine flu vaccine is severely frowned upon here on ATS and I agree, but I'm just wondering if most of you who are against it are against the swine flu vaccine only or just vaccination in general.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Myself, I've gotten the normal stuff... got the tetanus shot when I had to get stitches, and got the boosters when they told me I needed them, but I don't like the swine flue vaccine simply because I think it's far too new and there isn't enough info on long term effects, plus I don't think swine flu is even as serious as the media portrays it to be. Oh, and I've never had a flu shot. I'm 33 now and I haven't had the flu since I was 10.

[edit on 8/19/2009 by gemineye]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I haven't had a vaccination in years. The last one I had was for meningitis which was a failed experiment. Some nurses did tours around all the schools in New Zealand and jabbed the kids a total of three times. After the vaccinations were complete, vaccinated babies and children still contracted the illness and we had some deaths. It was the biggest waste of time, and left your arm aching for days afterwards.

Last flu shot I had was over ten years ago, and I've had the flu only once since then. People I know who get vaccinated every year seems to be sick a lot more often.

I don't even know what all the chemicals are in the vaccinations, so I'm a bit hesitant at getting jabbed.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
When I was a kid I got all the normal vaccines. As an adult I have not had one. I am pretty healthy in general. (aside from the occasional symptoms from being overstressed.)
I have never had the flu shot and have not had the flu in 4 years. I had the flu once 4 years a go for a day. I slept all day and woke up in the evening the next. My sister had gotten the flu from the flu shot and she passed it to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I personally think there's too much hype and paranoia about a vaccination program IF this badboy turns out to be deadly. Vaccines have done more good than damage (if you consider overpopulating the world a good thing *ponder*).

I never remember having to worry about catching smallpox or polio for example.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yes yes yes. Tetanus, DPT (only part of it, years later I got Pertussis. Lol go figure. Thumbs up to people who don't want DPTs for their kids, Pertussis is a GREAT disease.) Hepatitis, Influenzas, Meningitis, getting HPV soon maybe. Umm... all the usual ones. Didn't have a Chickenpox one, I had the real deal.

I always get the flu if I don't get a flu shot.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ive had all my injections

Measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus on multiple occasions (im accident prone
), polio, flu injection, hepatitits B, and I think TB too

You name it Ive had it

Nothing is a miss about the swine flu vaccine....ATS just gets over paranoid sometimes. Obviously some people will die from the vaccine, but the risk is miniscule...and its usually something else that kills them

Too many times have I seen people refuse these vaccines for themselves or their kids, only to see them get seriously ill, or even die. (polio for example)

If you're not in the high risk category, there's no point in getting the vaccine, but Im tempted just to prove the more parnoid people wrong

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I got shots untill 1994

In 1994 the US AFReserves messed up my shot records and made me get typhoid 1 and yellow fever at the same time.

I spent 36 hrs in an emergancy room near death covered in ice packs fever of 104.

I have never got another shot.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I've got two kids, my wife and I have done selective vaccinations with them. They have only recieved the DPTs, MMRs, Polio, and the hep shots. We do not vaccinate against the flu (the one time since we've been together my wife got that shot was when she was pregnant with our first born... and she promptly got the damn flu 3 weeks later. I've never had a flu shot and, coincidence or otherwise, I've never gotten the flu in my 33 years.)

My daughter will NOT get the hpv vaccine as I believe we will start seeing huge numbers of complications from this untested, unproven snake oil shot in the coming years, neither child will ever get a flu shot, chicken pox shot, or any other new concoction they try to push at us. 90% of this crap is to fight against things man's immune system is already designed to defeat. The other 10% is very usefull and beneficial for mankind (like Polio vaccines, for example).

For myself, I obviously had no control over what I got as a kid. My parents were good little American soldiers, taking C Everett Coop as a man of integrity and honor and signing me up for whatever needle pricks he said I should be getting. Since I reached the age of consent, I've had a couple tetanus shots from getting cut up on some old barbed wire when I was fixing a fence and running a roofing nail through my hand. (I would also consider tetanus as a very beneficial shot, BTW. I have my standards, but getting lockjaw doesn't really fiit into them.)

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have my rabies shot.

and tetanus.

top topics

join