It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Rat-Eating Plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

a previously unknown variety of pitcher plant discovered on a remote mountain in the Philippines, is so big that small rodents could be trapped inside and slowly dissolved by flesh-eating enzymes.

I just had to share this with you guys here on ATS, since this is such a bizarre plant. The Venus Fly trap has nothing on the rat-eater… What a horrible way to go. Apparently the plant was first discovered years ago by missionaries, but scientist have only recently found it.

Rat-Eating Plant

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I sure could use a couple of those in my yard... and maybe get rid of the mole problem that I have!

To bad they don't come bigger though, then... I could put up signs around my house saying; "Beware of Attack Plant"...

FEED ME SEYMOUR!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Interesting, never heard of this before.

If plants can become carnivorous like this imagine what is possible.

There are a lot of references to human eating plants in recent fiction in media and print.

Fascinating.

I'd really love to know what level of consciousness is required for an organism to detect a rat and actually eat it. Much less a human.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by apaulo

Killer! The plant does look eerie but harmless. Now if we can genegineer this plant so it eats more than just rodents. Cockroaches come to mind. Does anyone know how long it takes to completely digest a rodent?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

If plants can become carnivorous like this imagine what is possible.

Yeah, the next thing you know they'll sprout some arms & legs and start walking around...

[edit on 22-8-2009 by apaulo]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
OMG! It's Audrey III!

[edit on 8/22/09 by Redajin]

new topics

top topics

join