It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Six die as suspicions of anthrax mount in Mosul, Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Patients in the Republican Hospital, the largest medical center in northern Iraq, are being treated for symptoms doctors say resemble those caused by anthrax This is according to hospital sources, who refused to be named. Six people have died from this disease, and a wing has been cordoned off for fear of spreading to other patients.

Iraqi Press

The sources said the doctors suspect that a patient brought to hospital two weeks ago was the cause of the disease.

Anthrax spreads quickly and the six patients were said to have caught the disease as they were being treated for other ailments in the hospital.

The patient who the doctors believe brought the anthrax was a shepherd and had already died, the sources said.

Although I have not seen any other sources on this, I feel that it should be brought to light. After yesterday's video release, the promise has been made that things were to come. Al-Qaeda has been referenced to the Anthrax attacks in the United States after 9-11. The feeling is strong that things in Iraq will get much worse, and a biological attack is not out of question.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If the source of the outbreak was a shepherd he might have contracted it from one of his animals that ate the wrong thing. Anthrax can occour naturally in the earth and there's lots of cases of cows etc dying from it.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
If the source of the outbreak was a shepherd he might have contracted it from one of his animals that ate the wrong thing. Anthrax can occour naturally in the earth and there's lots of cases of cows etc dying from it.

Very good point kegs, I hope this is how this will pan out. I can not help thinking about an attack though. The only thing keeping from the latter is that, Al-Qaeda have claimed to have WMD's. Why have they not released any of these in a full scale attack? What, if true, are they waiting for? I have posted alot about WMD's in the hands of terrorists, possible attack scenerios, but now I am starting to disregard any "Announced Threats". I do not believe if they were to attack, meaning Al-Qaeda directly, they would not announce it.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Even if the shepherd contracted it through his animals, it would not explain why others in the hospital are showing similar symptoms. According to the CDCs website Anthrax is not contractable via human to human contact. Continue to monitor this for updates.

www.bt.cdc.gov...

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Maybe they came in contact with Sadam's hidden WMD? I can't wait to see how the administration is going to spin this.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
NM, Bleys posted the same thing as me.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This might help:
Anthrax Bioterrorism
Anthrax
Public Health Emergency Preparedness: Anthrax

intrepid, this incident is isolated and amounting to nothing. Theories will undoubtedly abound on this, but I'm interested in how you think the administration is going to spin this? This is news that has been going for roughly two weeks since the first few occurances....seen any spin yet by this administration or any gov. department yet?

seekerof

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The point is that they don't NEED anything truthful, just what they can use for any justification.

new topics

top topics

join