It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An idea for the non U.S. citizens promoting universal health care in the U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
First off... I mean no offense to anybody here. I don't think I'm a genius in a world of sheep, an attitude that is getting more and more common around here. I respect the opinion of anyone who chooses to respond to this. I just think this is a reasonable, though completely hypothetical question. One that will hopefully never have a real world relevance.

So to those of you who don't live in the U.S. but continue to bash the dumb Americans for not lying down and accepting a nationalized health care system I have a question.

Why don't you give up the health care systems that you love so much in your respective countries and start paying a world tax to the United States in order for our government to run a world health care system?

After all, what's good for one government to hand it's nation must be good for said government to hand the world.

I only ask because I don't think many of you would like that idea, and if you don't like that idea... we're in agreement. I don't want to let the American government have absolute control of my health care either.

I don't know what all the arguing is about.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by abefrohman]

[edit on 19-8-2009 by abefrohman]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Sorry about BOTH edits. They were for terrible grammar and punctuation. I just can't read the little mistakes and let them go.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by abefrohman

its gonna be a few world wars before theres any world wide health care.

some one with balls would have to crush all opposition with military force and lay down a rigid caste system or something to that effect just to get the world markets to a head. and even then... hereditary slavery dosnt seem like a fair compromise.

but to beat the band... people die. period. immortality is a pipe dream except through certain... immoral vectors, which im not going into.

bottom line. i dont think people realy die from lack of health insurance. not in america. in america people die from lack of planning/education and or a "holy grail". or its just time to die.

XP

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Thanks, but that really wasn't the question. I know it will never happen, but the point was to find out why people who would never give up their health care for an American run system keep telling Americans that we should accept one.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I don't think people ( non US) are out to convince you to adopt a socialized health care system , I doubt many care what you do . On the contrary , the 'bashing ' is coming from the US in regards to the way european health systems are run , and most replies are in defence of their respective systems , not advocates of any particular system america should adopt .

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Personally , the most desirable situation is a position of flux , uncertainty , argument and discordance , such as it is now . I hope it never gets resolved and the in-fighting continues unabated over this issue for ages . While you are busy fighting amongst yourselves you are leaving some other nation alone , for awhile at least .

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gun Totin Gerbil

I don't think people ( non US) are out to convince you to adopt a socialized health care system , I doubt many care what you do . On the contrary , the 'bashing ' is coming from the US in regards to the way european health systems are run , and most replies are in defence of their respective systems , not advocates of any particular system america should adopt .

As a Canadian who has been trying to make just that point, I can only say THANK YOU!
I was beginning to think it was my accent, and I simply wasn't getting through, eh?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It is the way they think in general . Attack someone here , occupy someone there , if anyone so much as says a word against it , then they are obviously terrorists, anti american insurgents and no gooders , been this way for years . I see nothing unusual with the OP's general opinion , it is wrong of course , but not unusual .

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

new topics

top topics

join