It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SKorea to launch 1st rocket; eyes on NK response

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is what the headline reads;

SKorea to launch 1st rocket; eyes on NK response

The North has warned it would closely watch the international response to South Korea's launch Wednesday.
In April, the North claimed it shot a satellite into orbit and was angered when the U.S., Japan and South Korea called it a disguised test of the regime's U.N.-banned ballistic missile technology.
South Korean officials have said their rocket launch, carrying an observation satellite, is peaceful, and they hope it will boost the country's aim to become a regional space power.

news.yahoo.com...

so let me get this straight...its FINE FOR S.korea to launch rockets, and say its "FOR PEACE"...
and N. Korea launches a rocket and we jump on them like a fly on s**t.
Im having trouble trying to find how THIS act, will cause WORLD PEACE?
if it was ME personally and i was N.Korea...i would be LIVID to say the least

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm a proponent of removing nuclear weapons from the world.

No one wins when nuclear weapons are used.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
North Korea could have at any point in their pre-(Fake)-satellite launch (IBM Test), showed people that there was really a satellite in the nose cone. They didn't, and then later on they detonate nukes underground.

South Korea more than likely has shown the 'world at large' their satellite and really are intent on getting into space. Also they are not at odds with Japan or other countries in the region, not to mention their leader is much more rational in their actions.

Kim is not.

Take it how ever you want, but NK with nukes is a bad idea.

M.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well, we can't take away rockets, since space exploration is needed.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Maybe if nk wasnt so belligerant by threatening to wipe out its neighbors on an almost daily basis they wouldnt be under such scrutiny.As for sk i hope their rocket does actually reach orbit just to make lil kims bunch look like the the asses they really are.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
ya, dont get me wrong, i was happy to hear nK started to "chill out", im just saying, how do you think THIS will make NK feel? wheter its a nuke or not. THAT THE UN says...its ok for S.KOREA to put up rockets (whatever it is) but NK cant...
you get what im saying?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Yep,
Now, dont get me wrong im not fan of Western domination,

But If I had to side with someone in this case, you'd almost always side with the South.

Why?

Because they allow media in their country.
Because they're people are free to leave/live
Because they havent threatened nuclear war with someone over things so ridiculous
Because they dont praise terrorism
Because they dont shoot of missiles and bombs willy nilly
Because they didnt build nuclear weapons in secret then detonate them
Because they didnt invade anyone

Yes, Id have to say I can see a reason why its 'ok' for the western backed and involved South to test space rockets, instead of the tyrant run, communist agressive North.

new topics

top topics

join