It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

scanner and a negative?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
does anyone know if I scan or photo copy a negative of a picture, if I will ruin the negative?

i wanted to do the funky art thing but with negatives, I wanted to make the negative bigger to use in my art piece.

logically i think the negative would get ruined, but I had to ask

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
i do not think the negatives would get ruined by simpley scanning or photocopying them.

my photohouse has some cool negative features.

[Edited on 5/12/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
really? you dont think the light exposure from the scanner or copier would destroy the image on the negative?

i'm talking about the strips of negatives you get when you develop film.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i don't think that the processed negatives would be damaged by the light of a scanner. but i am really no expert i took photography in highschool and that was getting to be quite a while ago. you are talking about the processed negatives and not the undeveloped film i believe.

maybe someone else could verify this but i do not think the light from a photocopier or scanner is powerful enough to affect negatives.

althought i am NOT positive.
it does not hurt pictures or peoples faces when they are scanned.
i am gonna scan some negatives and see what happens

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
No, you're fine. I've done it thousands of times myself.

In fact, depending on the scanner and/or software you use there may even be a special option for Scanning Negatives. If not, it's no big deal, but I've seen it and used it on a few occasions.

It won't do any damage to it at all in either case. All it's doing is shining light through it just like you do when you look at them yourself.

In case you'd like to read a quick Photoshop Help file about this kind of scanning, you may want to check this out. It's short and to the point.

Scanning Colour Negatives
www.computer-darkroom.com...

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
my scanner did not even show the images on the negative slide. it is kind of crapy though. i gotta inexpensive photoshop and it has some really cool and fun effects including psychedelic, custom, and bunch of other stuff you can do to pics that you scan or other digital images.

man this one pick of me highschool that we developed the old school reverse negative way turned out with me lookin' sort of evil. it looked like i had fangs. man i wonder what in the hell ever happened to that pic.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
thanks I'm going to try some of them, start with negatives i don't mind losing...just in case the worst happens. thanks again

new topics

top topics

join