It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palistinians Play Soccer With Severed Head of Israeli Soldier

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
umgazz can you provide the link in which you found this out on?

I took for granted your article said that palestinians were kicking an Israeli soldier head around, but didn't see it in the story.

i know the palestinians were picking up body pieces and holding them as ransom, but didn't hear about the football head till you brought it up.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic

...yeah but they are cool with blowing up a restruant where a 16 year old girl is having her birthday party.

Be careful, my friend, as there are a lot of people here who are familiar with the science of psychology.

No, I am not saying it is 'cool' to do such things or activities in relation to that. I never said that. You did. Even if it was sarcastic.

And in defense of that kind of assault, it's not like the target was that of the 16 year old and her bday party. That doesn't make it right, however.

[Edited on 5/12/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Apparently some people can't read. You may all refer to your local news source for reports about Palestinians themselves stating their clear intentions on using Israeli BODY PARTS as bargaining chips.

If you believe that this incident has been released to "cover up" something about the Iraqi prison photos then you are a moron. Plain and simple. This incident just happened. If heads weren't embedded so deeply in rear ends you people would realize that it is appropriate to release news when it happens.

Additionally, why don't you shut the hell up about the anti-Muslim garbage already. The videotape, released by Muslim sources, shows people chopping a man's head off screaming "Allah hu Akbar". NO ONE BROUGHT IN RELIGION BUT THEM.

One would be tempted to call them killers. But they can't be normal killers, they themselves, on videotape, INSIST on being known as religious killers.

But in your collective stupidity somehow their abuse and vomitous violations of human rights are Ok because they wear masks and scream about god. Go to hell.

FYI, i haven't seen the soccer ball story either. But don't bore me by saying bargaining with human flesh is not as bad. Thanks.

[Edited on 5-12-2004 by Djarums]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Sorry, I cannot provide a link to the images of the kicking head report as of this moment.

The report I heard was on Cable News and also local media, and it stated that Palistians were seen kicking the head of an Israeli soldier like a "soccer ball".

The BBC report did not make any report to what I have above, it is my original post. I used the BBC report to go along with the Television reports I was viewing at the time.

Edit: Added info...

"People were running after me and we were kicking the head," he said. "We were spitting on it. When we heard a helicopter we started running. I carried the head of the Jew and ran away from the area and I took it to the people in the resistance."

(more)
www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2004/05/12/wgaza12.xml

Gazz

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
Sorry, I cannot provide a link to the images or to a actual account of the kicking head report as of this moment.

The report I heard was on Cable News and also local media, and it stated that Palistians were seen kicking the head of an Israeli soldier like a "soccer ball".

True or not, I am not 100% sure as of this moment because I am unable to find any link to any images... however if I do I will post a link... and if any of you can help.. please do.. I am sorry for any confusion.

The BBC report did not make any report to what I have above, it is my original post. I used the BBC report to go along with the Television reports I was viewing at the time.

Gazz

So what you said was possibly spin by mainstream media. That's ok... we all make mistakes, including myself of course. Thanks for coming out and stating this, UM_Gazz. That's a good demonstration of character, IMHO.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Apparently some people can't read. You may all refer to your local news source for reports about Palestinians themselves stating their clear intentions on using Israeli BODY PARTS as bargaining chips.

If you believe that this incident has been released to "cover up" something about the Iraqi prison photos then you are a moron. Plain and simple. This incident just happened. If heads weren't embedded so deeply in rear ends you people would realize that it is appropriate to release news when it happens.

Additionally, why don't you shut the hell up about the anti-Muslim garbage already. The videotape, released by Muslim sources, shows people chopping a man's head off screaming "Allah hu Akbar". NO ONE BROUGHT IN RELIGION BUT THEM.

One would be tempted to call them killers. But they can't be normal killers, they themselves, on videotape, INSIST on being known as religious killers.

But in your collective stupidity somehow their abuse and vomitous violations of human rights are Ok because they wear masks and scream about god. Go to hell.

FYI, i haven't seen the soccer ball story either. But don't bore me by saying bargaining with human flesh is not as bad. Thanks.

FInally! You know what? I agree with you. I hate to say it, but every time we hear about some terrorist act, the board seems to be swept up in an anti-muslim fervor. Sure, generally it doesn't last as lost as it does with the Herd, but it's still here. And it makes me sick to see people I respect, people I look up to, people I dare call my friend turn into such bestial parodies of themselves.

DE

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

Additionally, why don't you shut the hell up about the anti-Muslim garbage already.

I will once the media "shuts the hell up" about the anti-Muslim garbage already.

Thanks.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
1) im not a psychology major
2)the birthday girl thing did happen
encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com...
3)i dont really care for terrorists
4)i am slightly sarcastic, but was not trying to insult you

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
"And in defense of that kind of assault, it's not like the target was that of the 16 year old and her bday party. That doesn't make it right, however. "

my goodness the fact that you can offer any defense for assult on innocent civilians appalls me beyond all belief. this has me so frustrated i cant even spell. a resteruant isnt exactly a valid military target, if you blow one up you will kill women and children alike. at least the men in this artical were military targets, the attempt to defend that disgusts me.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
1) im not a psychology major
2)the birthday girl thing did happen
encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com...
3)i dont really care for terrorists
4)i am slightly sarcastic, but was not trying to insult you

1) Neither am I.
2) I understand that it did happen and I wasn't questioning your credibility. I am sorry if you felt that way, and that I did not make myself more clear in my previous reply. Being relatively unclear at times is one of my flaws.
3) I can understand that, but you should consider the idea that one person's terrorist is another person's "freedom fighter", as radical and sadistic as they seem to the casual observer.
4) I wasn't insulted, but I do appreciate your apology. I can also understand where you are coming from, because I used to feel similarly frustrated towards such activities until I got to know the background a bit more.

I was worried that my 'defense' would be taken incorrectly. I should have considered my hindsight a bit more and removed that, honestly. I am not defending such an activity, nor do I condone it. What I did try to say back there was that civilian casualties are almost always avoided at all costs as such inflictions are completely dishonorable, but unfortunately, not always totally unavoidable in battle. The same idea applies with the civlian casualties against some of the wars that the major powers of this world have campaigned.

[Edited on 5/12/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
remember there is always two sides to every story
Israel Given Soldiers' Remains-Palestinian Official

Earlier on Thursday Egyptian mediators received the remains of the six soldiers killed when their vehicle was blown up, as part of a deal worked out with Palestinian militants.

They were brought by ambulance and handed over in a box to the Israelis who were waiting with another ambulance at the Erez Crossing just north of the Gaza Strip, the security official told Reuters.

The Israeli military had no immediate comment.

Israel had sought the remains as a condition for withdrawing troops after a two-day incursion in Gaza City's Zeitoun district that also left at least 16 Palestinians dead and 185 wounded.

The troops withdrew earlier on Thursday, but Israel had insisted that no deal had been made.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is what I have found for now on this topic. It doesn't say anything about any Palestinians playing with a severed head of an Israeli, but it could be possible.

www.debka.com...

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Still, as we have seen, not far underneath we are all barbarians and savages.

Netchicken

Please speak for yourself. If you are talking about a species, then some have brain centres that have evolved more than others, independent of culture and even religion.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Sorry everyone, this is as close as I can get to the report so far...

"People were running after me and we were kicking the head," he said. "We were spitting on it. When we heard a helicopter we started running. I carried the head of the Jew and ran away from the area and I took it to the people in the resistance.

(more)
www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2004/05/12/wgaza12.xml

Still working

Gazz

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Ha! Conceit, thy name is Masked Avatar

So just how did you aquire this super evolved brain that you posess? Was it just from a couple of "normal" parents or did Eienstein screw the worlds smartest women (name anon as I can't think of one offhand) and you are the progeny? Will your children (god forbid) also be evolutionary superior to the rest of humanity?

The people in Bosnia saw themselves as civilized, as did the Germans during WW2, as do the soldiers in the prisons in Iraq and generally, but it doesnt stop them from committing barbaric acts. I am sure the woman in the pic is a nice civilized woman and mother, but she still enjoyed the humiliation, and torment of other humans. As would we all if we let our guard down.

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Still, as we have seen, not far underneath we are all barbarians and savages.

Netchicken Please speak for yourself. If you are talking about a species, then some have brain centres that have evolved more than others, independent of culture and even religion.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Ha! Conceit, thy name is Masked Avatar

So just how did you aquire this super evolved brain that you posess? Was it just from a couple of "normal" parents or did Eienstein screw the worlds smartest women (name anon as I can't think of one offhand) and you are the progeny? Will your children (god forbid) also be evolutionary superior to the rest of humanity?

I think my brain is functional, but not super-evolved.

Actually it doesn't take that much evolution of brain centres to step above barbarism and inhumanity.
Nor, it seems, does it take that much provocation for the unevolved to step right back into the primordial soup.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Ok... I am shocked that a child was purportedly playing around with a severed head. Conditions over there must be worse than I previously surmised.

Honestly, I don't know if this can be confirmed or not, but I still want to give the benefit of the doubt. Due to the propaganda-instilled hatred surrounding the region, it is possible that such a kid may have said and done such things. Despite my previous optimism...

Thanks, UM_Gazz for providing an opposition towards our skepticism on this matter.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Ill, If you'd please read the rest of my statement my point was that no one but the Militants themselves are responsible for the fact that the ire expressed is against Muslims. They were the ones who embarassed the Muslim religion by screaming "God is great" in Arabic while chopping off someone's head. If you want to make your religion look bad that happens to be a great way to do it.

If the Muslim people are truly interested in keeping their religion safe from misrepresentation then they need to grow some balls and truly seperate from people like this. Instead, in English they claim to be appalled but in Arabic they say the opposite (see Arafat).

Q

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
That's how it is. Sad, isn't it?

Talk of their being a humanistic people who don't condone celebration with body parts notwithstanding...exactly who was it who danced in the streets and passed out candy like it was f'n HALLOWEEN on 9-11?

Yes, this is madness. This is the kind of thing I want to keep from happening to my country.

And people wonder why we don't want 3rd world countries to have WMD?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Three Arab states condemn American's beheading

"We are ashamed because these terrorists carried out this revolting and inhumane act in the name of our religion and culture," UAE Information Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahayan said in a written statement. "This disgusting brutality can never be justified and has nothing to do with Islam or with our Arab values."

See Ill, this is what I'm talking about. THE MINISTER OF A MUSLIM COUNTRY himself agrees with me!! He also believes that the fact that this act was loudly performed with "religious" intent is disgraceful. He is right. They performed it in the name of the Muslim religion. That's why it's so important that others follow the example of UAE, Jordan and even Saudi Arabia and distance themselves from the hooded cavemen in the video and their sort. Let's just hope that they're saying the same things in Arabic that they are in English. Someone else will have to tell me because I don't speak Arabic.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join