It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's history XXX !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yup yup. Stalin the hero, FDR the fool.

I love historical revisionism. It just keeps getting better.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

And America helped France during WWII? HA!

Please read...

In May of 1940 Germany attacked the Low Countries and then France. Their Blitzkrieg tactics succeeded in defeating the French and British armies in France. The British army evacuated from Dunkirk leaving their heavy equipment behind, and the French government made a peace, which left Germany in control of the North and the Vichy French government in charge of the South.

The Allies invaded Northern France in Operation Overlord in June 1944 and liberated most of France and the Low Countries by the end of the year.

Simultaneously with the fall of Rome came the long-awaited invasion of France. Operation Overlord put troops ashore in Normandy on June 6, 1944. A long grinding campaign two months long followed as American, British and Canadian forces were slowly built up in the bridgehead, and German forces slowly worn down. When the breakout finally did come it was spectacular, with American forces under Patton racing across France to Nazi Germany's border. The German forces that had been fighting in Normandy were trapped in a pocket around Falaise.

All taken from www.campusprogram.com...

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

I don't know where you got your logic from either. The US colonies were set up without the help of the French. If you read your history you would find that the French were run out of the US.

The Militia won the Revolutionary War, who trained them?

Ever heard of LaFayette? He's a hero in American history.

Again, America didn't do anything until Stalin mobilized Europe.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
He ws crazy. It was not him bu this generals and even some of them were not that great. He made his drunk son a general in military at a young age. You know why he was drunk? It was his only way out. In a conversation between him and another officer the other officer asked why he drank so much. He took out his sidearm and said it either the bullet or the drinking. After Stalin dies his family were refugees and were driven out the country. He body is gone from the Lenin tomb. In his later years he believed his Jewish docters were trying to kill him. He killed 20,000 of his own people for no reason at all. Even people close to him said he was crazy. All this information I have provided cam efrom his daughter and people whi worked close to him and his family.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
What history books are you getting this from? I do not recall any such thing. I DO recall the USA leading D-Day (remember a place called Normandy?) and marching into Paris to the cheers of thousands of French.

I do NOT recall Stallin doing any such thing.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
He knew nothing about military and he was a crazy "MOFO"?

Well, he liberated Westerm Europe from the Germans before Americans even landed in Omaha Beach and he was the longest ruler in the USSR.

But your right, he didn't know anything.

You really do need to check your history. The Russians were still kicking the Germans off their own turf when D-day occured. They were nowhere near Western Europe.

As for Stalin. He was a dismal failiure as a military man. He shot all of his best generals just before the outbreak of war. If it hadn't been for the numerical superiority of the Russians (the Germans literally ran out of bullets killing them), Uncle Joe would have been a dismal failiure.
By the way, you only have to check Russian WW2 casualty figures to see how useless Stalin was at manouvreing his forces.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
And in his "great military campain" he lost the most people of all the countries fighting. He lost more than the germans, British, French, and Americans.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Please read...

www.time.com...

Had German legions swept past steel-stubborn Stalingrad and liquidated Russia's power of attack, Hitler would have been not only man of the year, but he would have been undisputed master of Europe, looking for other continents to conquer. He could have diverted at least 250 victorious divisions to new conquests in Asia and Africa. But Joseph Stalin stopped him. Stalin had done it before--in 1941--when he started with all of Russia intact. But Stalin's achievement of 1942 was far greater. All that Hitler could give he took--for the second time

TIME Magazine Man of the Year 1942: Joseph Stalin.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   

You really do need to check your history. The Russians were still kicking the Germans off their own turf when D-day occured. They were nowhere near Western Europe.

Check yours.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Why do you think TIME did that? Probably to make him happry so he did not go crazy and start attacking the allies. The other things I mentioned in my earlier post are true.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Why do you think TIME did that? Probably to make him happry so he did not go crazy and start attacking the allies. The other things I mentioned in my earlier post are true.

Excuses, excuses.

You people really kill me.

That's the dumbest comment for the day on ATS without a doubt.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Where does the article mention saving France? I didn't seem to find that part.

You know, the part that I had stated earlier that the AMERICANS had done?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

Yeah. We could all be French surrender monkeys and run away at the first sign of trouble.

And what would you say if I'd tell you that I'm not french but arab ?

So let me get this straight, your an F'N Rag Head!!!!
Gee what a suprise. No wonder you talk the way you do. America goes to Iraq to free your people, (and maybe help themselves alpong the way...so what this is the way of the world) And your people...ARABS (RAG HEADS) Burn and mutilate civilians, be-head a civilian. You're all lucky America is a REPUBLIC....because if it were a true democracy, where everyone had a say and majority wins. The MAGORITY of AMERICANS, would vote to NUKE your Asses, and turn the Middle East into a parking lot!!!!!!
When you start acting like a religion of peace, then, maybe you'll be treated that way....if not, let me give you some advice....stick your rag between your legs and kiss your ASS GOODBYE!!!!
The Muslim people may have once ruled the world, but unfortunatley they didn't grow with it. Times change, learn to change with the times!!!!!!

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Check yours.

I don't need to as I have related fact.

www.moreorless.au.com...

1937 - The purge of the Red Army begins. The purge results in the execution, imprisonment or dismissal of 36,671 officers, including about half of the 706 officers with the rank of brigade commander or higher. Three of the army's five marshals and 15 of its 16 top commanders are executed.

www.worldwar2database.com...

The Russians didn't push out of their own territory until July13 1944.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter

Excuses, excuses.

You people really kill me.

That's the dumbest comment for the day on ATS without a doubt.

HE KILLED OVER 20,000 OF HIS OWN PEOPLE FOR NO REASON!!!!! What the hell was that?

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Iluminatic, youre on good drugs.

1. Stalin was basically the soviet Hitler. Ask the Lithuianians, Ukrainians, everyone else he forcibly conquered and subdued. No wonder thyey were so pro Nazi.

2. The French did not train us, that would be the Krauts. Ever hear of Baron Von Steuben? Hes the gay jraut who whipped us into shape, not the French.

Please stop smoking dope and revising history, thank you very much.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
May I suggest you check you reasorces. What I said is true and comes from statements from his family and people who worked around him and close to him.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Held off? LOL. Pure Comedy.

Let's be serious here people.

Hitler wasn't scared of America and FDR because they were complete cowards.

Stalin was the only man who Hitler feared.

[url]Sure Stalin killed many of his high ranking officials in his military, so what? He uncovered many plots that led him to believe Stalin was going to be assassinated by his own appointed peoples.

Who wouldn't do that?

www.geocities.com...

We who lived then thought invasion was inevitable in 1940. It did not
come. Hitler left Goering and Raeder, his Luftwaffe and navy chiefs to
play the threat of invasion while he worked out his real plans for the
Balkans and Russia.
So it can be argued, Stalin saved us in 1940.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

2. The French did not train us, that would be the Krauts. Ever hear of Baron Von Steuben? Hes the gay jraut who whipped us into shape, not the French.

Man, where did you go to school?

The French didn't train us? The French didn't secretly supply us with practically every single weapon that fought the Revolutionary War? The French didn't blockade Cornwallis at Yorktown?

Get out of here.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Man, where did you go to school?

The French didn't train us? The French didn't secretly supply us with practically every single weapon that fought the Revolutionary War? The French didn't blockade Cornwallis at Yorktown?

Get out of here.

Did you ever bother to check that the French were at war with England at the time as well? Remember how they joined up with us so that they could have revenge on the English for past losses to them?

It is called American History, you might want to look into some of it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join