It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hi im new..ish

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I've been following this site for around the last year and a half. Just got around to joining the site today. Some of my favorites are survival, 2012 THEORIES and UFO's.I found this site by look up some ghost pics and somehow stumbled along it. Definitely spent more hours on this than facebook

I look forward to contributing.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lemmeknow

Welcome, enjoy the site.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hey lemmeknow,

I just signed up today, too, and I've been lurking for about a year. Since I got such a warm welcome, I'll pass it on.

Lookin' forward to your posts.

Cheers.

GCA

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, lemmeknow.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Wow that's a neat coincidence. I just got your message on my intro page too.
I will feel free to message as soon as I have made the mandatory 20 posts, which I am furiously working on.

It's kinda tricky to think of 20 interesting bits to add to all of these topics.
Any favorite UFO cases you wanna discuss?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Please allow me to be the first to denounce you as a: racist, bigot, bozo, Communist, Nazi, birther, Obamaphile, right-winger, leftist, tool, plant, shill, hack, infiltrator, disnformationist, reptilian, Satanist, Zionist, jihaddi, believer, denier, weirdo, flake, etc. etc...

Anyway, Welcome to ATS! As a newly active participant, you will surely encounter some or all of the above aspersions. Get them out of the way now and enjoy your stay. Learn something. Unlearn something. Get happy. Get mad. But above all, enjoy ATS. Find some good posts (and there are many) and dig into all the bizarre stuff that ATS members find out there. ATS is one of the best things the interweb has to offer!

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well it matters what kind of UFO's you like. My favorites are ancient UFO's because I believe that some civilizations interacted with et's. But that's just my opinion

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I like all kinds. To me what's interesting is the idea that we have been engaged at all by other civilizations, whether or not it deals with ancient times and interaction then, if it means we came from Lyra or wherever else, if we were genetically manipulated, etc.

So, in regards to ancient times, are you talking about Egypt? Atlantis & Mu?
How ancient are we talkin' here?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by passenger
Please allow me to be the first to denounce you as a: racist, bigot, bozo, Communist, Nazi, birther, Obamaphile, right-winger, leftist, tool, plant, shill, hack, infiltrator, disnformationist, reptilian, Satanist, Zionist, jihaddi, believer, denier, weirdo, flake, etc. etc...

Anyway, Welcome to ATS! As a newly active participant, you will surely encounter some or all of the above aspersions. Get them out of the way now and enjoy your stay. Learn something. Unlearn something. Get happy. Get mad. But above all, enjoy ATS. Find some good posts (and there are many) and dig into all the bizarre stuff that ATS members find out there. ATS is one of the best things the interweb has to offer!

If you have time or be kind enough, could you tell me some of the Better threads that are old now but still worth reading?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
lemme know if you need any help.

see what i did there haha

Good to see more lurkers signing on.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GnabeCA

Yes. I'm fascinated by the pyramids and Atlantis. The nazca lines and all the unexplained things they did

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lemmeknow
If you have time or be kind enough, could you tell me some of the Better threads that are old now but still worth reading?

Sorry, but no.

That's like asking, "What's the best book to read in the library?"
Just like the library, there is some garbage and some gold. You are gonna have to find what you think is gold yourself. But that's the fun of it.

If you think you're going to find the 'ultimate-secret-truth-to-everything' in two clicks - forget it. ATS is all about exploring. If you can enjoy that, then you'll enjoy ATS. To me, ATS is not about the destination but about the journey. That's where the fun really is.

The library (ATS) is a great thing. Just try not to spend too many hours lost in it.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lemmeknow

Sweet. Yeah, I remember my introduction to the Nazca lines was in grade 6, for a school project. I didn't understand the significance of the mystery back then really, but I sure do now.

Yeah. How is it that a population of mostly slaves was able to build something as huge as the pyramid, with as many pieces AND an interior structure, to within a few millimeters of perfect accuracy? MMMMmmm, still waitin' on a reasonable explanation for the pyramids from the MSM. [Ain't gonna happen so long as Zahi Hawass is installed as the de-facto lie-pusher.]

Also, you mentioned 2012. Done any investigating into the pyramid being an ascension aid? Kinda neat theories drifting around out there.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GnabeCA

Yes I believe there was a thread on that. I truly don't think anything will happen but some of the stuff people come up with is amazing. How they can string so many small ideas that lead to a big idea is just remarkable.
What are your thoughts on 2012

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by passenger

Since you put it In those words. I couldn't agree more. you'll read your garbage, you'll read your gold.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
My thoughts on 2012 are cautious, at best.

I've heard the gamut, those many small ideas you refer to, and cannot personally verify any of them, so to me, like any other area, it is simply information to think about.

However, some have said the we actually are crossing the center of our galaxy, and that this has been proven. I am going to use some astronomy software I have to help me figure that out, among other areas of research. If I could prove that to be factual, then I might be more disposed to other more radical and spiritual ideas.

Alfred Webre is one person who says were are transiting the galactic center. But I don't know that that is the case as of yet.

David Wilcock says we're gonna evolve if we're 51% good natured and get all these cool superpowers we've wanted for a long time. I'm not being rude here, I think it's possible.

So I guess what I think about 2012 is this. Boy, it's gonna be really cool if any of it comes to pass. Eh?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GnabeCA

Yes I heard that were moving to the aquarius age I believe. Not 100% but yes super powers would be something interesting. Wars would be a tad different also. Do you have friends that just believe that the world will end 12.21.12 with no prior knowledge?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I don't know anyone who believes that.

Thankfully, and blessedly, I find myself for the most part in the company of people who consider information, instead of reacting to it. So, no, I don't know any 'world-enders'. Just people who like to digest the information.

Wouldn't that be something though? Just having a bite of porridge to warm yourself mid-December and POOF. Gone.

I'd want to take my porridge with me.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GnabeCA

That would be strange. Middle of Christmas shopping and then gone. Do you think people will delay buying presents for Christmas/Hanakuh just waiting for the day to pass

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hahah. Some might.

But teleportation and telekenesis, etc, would be a pretty cool Christmas present.

YOU HEAR ME SANTA!?!?! DO YOU!?

Really though, some people might. I for one will be sitting next to my woodstove, sipping some egg nog and rum, hoping I can use my mind to get the next glass after 11:11.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join