It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Acknowledges Health Care E-mails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The White House for the first time Sunday somewhat acknowledged that people across the country received unsolicited e-mails last week on health care from the administration, suggesting the problem on third-party groups it claimed placed the recipients' names on the distribution list.

White House Health Care E-mails

I'm not sure how many people on ATS had received the e-mail regarding health care which was directly sent from the White House e-mail list. Apparently, they're passing the blame onto third party groups for placing the e-mails of those who received the e-mail unsolicited. Took the White House about a week to finally say something.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IKnowNothing

It took them that long to come up with a lie plausible enough.

In my humble opinion. . .

Side note, why do I even have cable? I get more news from ATS!

S&F
edit to add; David Axelrod didn't know anything about this? How stupid do they think we are?

[edit on 16-8-2009 by mikerussellus]

[edit on 16-8-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
A third party group is responsible for placing e-mails on a White House email distribution list?
How does a third party group, not affiliated with the White House, have the authority or even the ability to put an email address on a White House distribution list?

oh... must be Acorn.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Seems like Foxnews was the one pushing the issue on this. Everyone else seem to be afraid to take on the WH.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A better question would be, how did these 3rd party groups gain access to emails that were sent to the white house?

The answer: The white house gave them the email addresses.

No other way, unless of course they want to say these 3rd paties hacked the white house email box...

Sounds fishy to me...

Edited to add: I didn't recieve an email from them because I wasn't foolish enough to give the white house my email... thats just asking for trouble.

[edit on 16-8-2009 by XTexan]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This would be stepping into in worse if they used a third party.
All communications with the Whitehouse are classified until such time has passed and they are de-classified and available to the public.

You cannot have a third party do anyting with office White House anything.
This is illegal. Collecting email addresses is illegal for the White House. Deleting emails sent to the White House is illegal as well.

Nice catch 22. The trick would be not to allow emails to be sent to the White House to begin with, and if you do, put them into files and do not keep a list of email addresses to send SPAM out to the Americans.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

One possible reason for the confusion was that advocacy groups, when dealing with online petitions, were sending in contact information whenever they made contact with the White House -- the e-mail addresses affiliated with members or petition-signers could then have become embedded in the White House distribution list

Two New White House E-mail Security Changes

I may be wrong, but wouldn't someone on the receiving end of the online petitions have to manually merge e-mail addresses into an e-mail list?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
White House Using Private Companies For Health Care E-mails

CapWiz, owned by Capitol Advantage, is a widely-used online service that sets up a line of communication between everyday people and officials. But a company representative said the program does not automatically sign up people for e-mails from the office they're contacting.

Axelrod e-mail was sent by a company called GovDelivery. That company, based in Minnesota, bills itself as the world's leading provider of government-to-citizen communication solutions and says its e-mail service provides an automated, on-demand public communication system. GovDelivery does extensive work with a bevy of federal, state and local agencies, including a number of Cabinet-level departments. But Scott Burns, president of the company, told FOX News he had no comment on whether the White House used his firm to send out the Axelrod e-mails.

So, the White House hired a private company to send out the mass e-mails? I wonder if this company has made any sort of 'donation' to the Democratic Party.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The White House confirmed to FOX News that it hired a private communications company based in Minnesota to distribute mass e-mails, helping to shed light on how some recipients received e-mails in support of President Obama's health care plan without signing up for them.

White House Reveals E-mail Source

So let me get this straight, the White House used taxpayer money to send out unsolicited mail? So essentially, we paid to have our e-mail boxes spammed. That's great. I wonder how much that cost.

Also, the White House denied involvement and blamed other entities for the spam, but yet, they were the ones that contracted it.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Seems like Foxnews was the one pushing the issue on this. Everyone else seem to be afraid to take on the WH.

Exactly and I wouldn't expect to see any media take up the story now. Instead, John Stewart will be making fun of Fox and Republicans, MSNBC will be demonizing white people and the rest will run stories about hypothetical non-stories about the Bush administration.

new topics

top topics

join