It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tips for being healthy and saving money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
want to cut down on money, use natural products that promote better health, and reduce your carbon footprint?

live off the grid! use solar panels. ride your bike/walk instead of driving (doesnt hurt that its good for your health and gets you in shape). create a well or water system that collects natural rain water and use for drinking and showering. plant your own herbs, vegetables and fruits and eat that instead of going to a grocery store. if you have to have meat.. you can either go fishing or you can go to a local farmers market or farm and it will be cheaper, healthier, and better quality. get rid of your cell phone, get rid of your tv, and go out and enjoy the outdoors.

For the ladies: skincare is important, so instead of using expensive, chemical-ridden products, here is one simple answer. Extra virgin olive oil. It is probably the best thing you can put on your face believe it or not. Just put a little olive oil in your hands and massage into your skin, and wash of with a warm washcloth. It sounds nuts, but it actually is the most effective and healthy way to cleanse skin and it gives you a beautiful dewy glow.

EVOO also works to repair damaged hair. just put 1/2 cup on your hair and wait half an hour, and shampoo out.

want to lighten hair naturally? steep a couple cups of chamomile tea and pour over hair and let sit for a few hours (or more, depending how light you want it), then rinse out.
Darker hair? use black tea in the same way, or use hemp for a reddish brown color.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
good great ideas

i did not know that about the hair dye very cool

Would this thread be better suited in the survial forum.

I dont know many ways are saving money but i know abit about keeping fit

My Tip For Keeping Healthy dont eat at fast food places
i dont anymore too greasey ewwww.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I don't see many threads like this on ATS and I wish I did. I like hearing about everyone's health habits as I'd like to replace a few of my own with better, healthier habits.

Food would be a good place for me to start. What are some foods that are natural, good for you on a daily basis, cheap & easy to eat, snack like. First thing that comes to mind is nuts. What else?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
well some healthy options for snacks are like you said, nuts, fruits, vegetables, pita and hummus (im addicted). hummus is the ultimate healthy dip for veggies or chips or hummus.
if you want pasta sause homeade.. an easy way to do it is get stewed tomatoes and put in whatever herbs you like (oregano,salt and pepper, cilantro,etc) and a little balsamic vinegar. It makes a really light but tasty sauce.
a quick way to make healthy homeade soup that lasts for a while is to put half a can of pasta sauce, water, balsamic vinegar, kale, beans (kidney beans, pinto beans, or white beans are good), and add veggies or rice or anything else you might want in it, and let it stew for a little while. Its really delicious.

I have a huge sweet tooth and in order to get my cravings while still trying to be somewhat healthy, I just put a bunch of fresh berries (blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries) in a bowl with some lite coolwhip or fatfree vanilla ice cream and it does the job.

those are just a couple really simple things to do.

if you want to save money, and have better quality food usually free of all those chemicals and growth hormones in the foods at the grocery stores, just go to farmers market/some local organic market. They tend to be much cheaper and healthier and taste a million times better.

[edit on 17-8-2009 by calihan_12]

new topics

top topics

join